Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I can't wait. I need a new big **** off monster tank to replace the Roadhog shaped hole in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    I can't wait. I need a new big **** off monster tank to replace the Roadhog shaped hole in my life.

I don't think he'll be a tank. Defense hero is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Glad to see the Doomfist hype coming to fruition, unlike the Sombra ARG. Jesus that dragged on for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

man i am getting some absolute heat for playing sombra. People are really losing the plot. I mean going nuts.

I got really annoyed...told them they were quitters just like their french grandfathers in ww2.

also saw a video of impending zarya nerf.. if they nerf her I'm actually leaving the game, god please not my zarya!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What Zarya Nerf? WHAT F**KING NERF? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sight808 wrote: »
    man i am getting some absolute heat for playing sombra. People are really losing the plot. I mean going nuts.

I got really annoyed...told them they were quitters just like their french grandfathers in ww2.

Hardly French lads complaining, though?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Hardly French lads complaining, though?

it's alwaaaaaaays the french. always.

But defo on this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pls don't nerf Zarya Jeff

She hardly needs it, got a linky? Interested now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

French are the worst whingers in this game, by a distance.

"Jhunkrawt putain..."

wait, it's ok.. it was an old youroverwatch video in my feed. I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

J. Marston wrote: »
    French are the worst whingers in this game, by a distance.

"Jhunkrawt putain..."

was in a match last week he started spouting in french , then this yank who was silent all game came out with

"big man on the mic but were where all you french big men when your country getting nailed every week by attacks, i`ll tell you where you were , hiding like the rest of your country of cheese eating surrender monkeys.

twas harsh yet i admit he went quite for the rest of the game and the other 5 of us got on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Well that was fun.

Playing defence on Numbani, got play of the game as Torbjorn, which is literally me just looking at the ground because my controller died when I pressed for Molten core.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Absolutely wicked shot on a widow earlier on, the music I had on in the background synced perfectly with it too.:cool:

http://plays.tv/video/595c269ca71d665c7e/when-music-syncs-up-perfectly-rekt-hanzo-simplegeometry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sight808 wrote: »
    also saw a video of impending zarya nerf.. if they nerf her I'm actually leaving the game, god please not my zarya!

Post video please

Absolutely no need to touch Zaraya. Does anyone even complain about her?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

These are just brilliant:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ugh, lunch time seems awful for Competitive Play. Zero team work, stubborn picks and full of mouthy kids. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

two games in a row, lkeaver on my team both times, managed to carry one between myself rein and zen, couldnt the second

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I gained over 300 SR from solo queuing today. Dunno what the fcuk kinda luck was on my side.

Was wrecking **** as Genji though.. lol

Cheers for the Unit Lost suggestion. Some real good tips from the lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Leavers seem to be an epidemic recently. Had a game just now where we went 1-0 up on Nepal (won the first 100-56) and was around 40% up in round 2 when someone left. Their entire team left by the end of the round.

And they still prefer that system to throwing in another player.

And they still prefer that system to throwing in another player.

If a player leaves and doesnt reconnect he should get his whole teams sr loss, not the team

I dunno, I think they were concerned about people being bullied into leaving, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I dunno, I think they were concerned about people being bullied into leaving, then.

You can't even bully people out of changing from Hanzo/Widow

Ha. I mean a guy could take the hit for his mates by quitting. I just think a merc system for having stand-bye players could be a good thing. Obviously give the person who left time to try-reconnect if it was sudden, rather than selecting leaving, which SURELY they can distinguish. I'm sure some reward system for the stand-bye could be thought out.

Ha. I mean a guy could take the hit for his mates by quitting. I just think a merc system for having stand-bye players could be a good thing. Obviously give the person who left time to try-reconnect if it was sudden, rather than selecting leaving, which SURELY they can distinguish. I'm sure some reward system for the stand-bye could be thought out.

nah you hit someone with 120sr for leaving theyd stop fairly quick

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only way a join in progress system would work in ranked is if your SR isn't affected if the match has gone past a certain point.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Only way a join in progress system would work in ranked is if your SR isn't affected if the match has gone past a certain point.

Or give people who are added in double SR for a win and half/one third SR loss for loosing after joining a game in progress.

If I can get 60ish SR for a win or -8/-10 for a loss it's probably worth the risk for me.

Obviously there should be a cut off. If you join with 60 seconds left for example.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Or give people who are added in double SR for a win and half/one third SR loss for loosing after joining a game in progress.

If I can get 60ish SR for a win or -8/-10 for a loss it's probably worth the risk for me.

Obviously there should be a cut off. If you join with 60 seconds left for example.

Giving out double SR for wins sounds like something people would try and exploit, though it would be a good incentive not to quit as soon as you realise you're joining a match in progress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement