Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

tok9 wrote: »
    That's correct and you get 20% extra XP when you're in a group.

And I noticed -75% xp if you leave a lot of games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Nody wrote: »
    Btw this is something I hope they will fix asap because it's a tad silly to do headshots around corners on someone you can't see the model off...

I'd vaguely heard mention of this from some friends, but I only personally experienced it last night. A Widowmaker managed to get a couple of headshots on me when there is no way I was in LoS, we even joked about it in the Match chat and he said the aim was messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'd vaguely heard mention of this from some friends, but I only personally experienced it last night. A Widowmaker managed to get a couple of headshots on me when there is no way I was in LoS, we even joked about it in the Match chat and he said the aim was messed up.

That vid from PC or consoles?

Can't say I've noticed anything weird, could just be the training dummies ? Didnt watch the video in entirety, was their ingame footage?

I did have a roadhog(whatever hs is called) chain grab me from what look like behind a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

TheDoc wrote: »

Can't say I've noticed anything weird, could just be the training dummies ? Didnt watch the video in entirety, was their ingame footage?

I did have a roadhog(whatever hs is called) chain grab me from what look like behind a wall.

My own experience was on PC, and I can only assume the other player was on PC too (I'm not sure if it's actually cross-platform).

The video shows some in-game stuff, and I know it happened to me because it showed up on the kill cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't think roadhoggs chain should stop certain ultimates the way it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's ingame with player characters. You can miss by a country mile and get a head shot. Hate stuff like this, it's makes me think it's Blizzard pandering to 'casuals'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

PC; Forcegaming is a PC only player (which I should have pointed out).
    In game with both instant hit and bullet weapons (bullet weapons have bigger hitbox). Basically for bullet based weapons (i.e. Genji etc.) think of your head hit box being basically one head extra in every direction (i.e. three heads wide, two heads high rather than actual).
    It would be possible to do so.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    As mentioned before, why is it disappointing ? It makes perfect sense.
    The game and champions play completely different on consoles vrs PC.

Not a big deal. I just would have liked both systems to be on an even keel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't think roadhoggs chain should stop certain ultimates the way it does.

A lot of ultimates are interruptable though, McCree's Flashbang will achieve the same thing, and one of my favourite things to do playing as D.Va is to shut-down ultimates with the Defense Matrix, it'll completely nullify a rocket barrage from Pharah, or Reaper and McCree ults, and I found it can even shoot down the projectile of Zarya's ult if you're quick enough.

I just don't think it should stop Reinhart's charge towards him, for example.

I've been using Mei more lately as a disruptor. She's insanely annoying to play against a good one, so it inspired me to get good with her especially after seeing a video of her blocking Junkrat's wheels.

• Advertisement

Winston can be a lot of fun. I jumped over an ulting McCree and dropped the shield dome on top of him :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

But Reinhardt's charge isn't an ultimate, it's a regular ability, why should it be uninteruptable?

Anyone can take out Junkrat's wheels, the thing only has 100 health, a single Firestrike from Reinhardt is enough to kill it. But yeah, Mei is a lot of fun to play.

Links234 wrote: »
    But Reinhardt's charge isn't an ultimate, it's a regular ability, why should it be uninteruptable?

That's a good point, I didn't really think that one through. I was trying a new hero last night who's ultimate was nullified by his hook and I can't think which one. Still bitter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Had a great time playing this last night. Found myself in a group with a load of Americans. Played about 5 quick play games with them and then got invited to play some custom games.

Some craic. Cooldowns set to zero and all of us running Junkrat. Absolute mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Had a great time playing this last night. Found myself in a group with a load of Americans

Whats the PS4 footfall like on this? Any Chats/Boards communities/Groups?

I'm interested, but would like to play with people who I can rely on.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Whats the PS4 footfall like on this? Any Chats/Boards communities/Groups?

I'm interested, but would like to play with people who I can rely on.

There's always a few from my friends list (mainly Destiny guys) online when I play.

Haven't really got round to it myself but I'd say there'd be no bother setting up a group that would be steadily active.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There's always a few from my friends list (mainly Destiny guys) online when I play.

Haven't really got round to it myself but I'd say there'd be no bother setting up a group that would be steadily active.

It's reliance on Team play and builds as opposed to being super awesomely supreme at twitchy shooting is what appeals to me.

Gonna Sell Black Ops 3 and use the money for this or Doom (though I'll likely end up getting both :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Hey guys if you wanna add me for PS4 I could do with a solid group instead of Pub Matches

Tag is DeadlyByDesign1
    PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Had my first POTG just there, it was as symetra so some might say not a difficult character to get it with and it mainly came about cus the other team were too stupid to focus down my turrets but still a great feeling nonetheless

I play her most games on defence and she's definitely hard to get POTG with! Lots of triple kills help, but still, even then.

• Advertisement

The difficulty rating on heroes is kinda bunk anyway when it comes to how well you might do in a game.

No way is easier it for Symmetra to get a POTG above a Tjorborn doing nothing but whack on his turret

Had to finally pick an offense hero to try master so Pharah is it. I'd love it to be Tracer but I don't think I have the reflexes for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Had to finally pick an offense hero to try master so Pharah is it. I'd love it to be Tracer but I don't think I have the reflexes for it.

She does really well if you can get a Mercy to just fly around with you.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    She does really well if you can get a Mercy to just fly around with you.

I've found, and this is probably mad obvious to people who have played her more than an hour, that you can Jump Jet followed by hover for long enough that the jump jet is all but recharged when you land so you can keep her airborne for most of the game.

I've found her to be a fantastic Bastion killer, as a lot of them don't check the sky as much.

Her ultimate feels less powerful than the Beta but I could be imagining that. For some reason I get more luck when I sneak around the back of an objective and fire it at a team from a standing position rather than down at them from above.

I've found, and this is probably mad obvious to people who have played her more than an hour, that you can Jump Jet followed by hover for long enough that the jump jet is all but recharged when you land so you can keep her airborne for most of the game.

I've found her to be a fantastic Bastion killer, as a lot of them don't check the sky as much.

Her ultimate feels less powerful than the Beta but I could be imagining that. For some reason I get more luck when I sneak around the back of an objective and fire it at a team from a standing position rather than down at them from above.

You can also 'rocket jump' (like Solider in TF2..but not as high) , which works better if you have a Mercy as she will heal you for the health lost by doing it.....and THEN do your boost...which will get you even higher. Your Mercy should hold her SPACE bar down to fall slowly (many don't seem to know this) instead of just falling back to earth.

Speaking of Mercy, I'm improving with her pistol which isn't a bad gun, considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Speaking of Mercy, I'm improving with her pistol which isn't a bad gun, considering.

Her gun packs a massive punch. She's just super squishy when she's not healing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

Is it the same damage model as D.VA out of the mech? That thing is fantastic.

Is it the same damage model as D.VA out of the mech? That thing is fantastic.

Apparently more than D.VA, but a little slower.

Mercy
    Ammo: 20
    Fire Rate: 5 rps
    Damage: 20
    Reload time: 1 second
    Headshot?: YES
    Default Hotkey: 2, then: LM

DVA
    Ammo: 20
    Fire Rate: 6.66 rps
    Damage: 14
    Headshot?: YES