Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Doomfist looks awesome. I hope being good with Winston in close quarters before getting out translates to doing well with Doomfist because rocket punching and uppercut launching people sounds amazing.

Also, never knew I wanted an Overwatch anime until now.
    papu wrote: »
    The dive comp has countered her hard. She needs a speed boost when running on ice she fires on the ground in-front of her.

I don't know why they can't just test that on the PTR to see what it's like. People have been recommending that idea for almost a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

He better have some of the following voicelines: "Time to fist" or "Lets get to some fisting" or "Who needs a good fisting?"

Definitely the most interesting and possibly innovative characters released since launch. The others were very tame and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

No Terry Crews is a shame, although he probably wouldn't suit the character. Still hopeful he appears in the game at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

that category needs a rework, outside of situational torb and jr the rest are ****e

nonsense she ****s on genji cant block any ice attacks tracer can be easy enough to freeze as well, remember she slows enemies while their being frozen not just while they are encased in ice, great if you have another character with you slows her enough to get hit hard. winston is easy as well. only real trouble is orissa and dva too long to freeze.

hell you could even fight roadhog pre nerf.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

DOOOOOOOOOOOOMFIST!

Looks like great fun, really looking forward to hacking him and making his abilities utterly useless.

• Advertisement

Anyone try him on the PTR yet? Wondering what his damage numbers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I called he'd be a defense hero last week. That category needs another one.

He's actually offence

His HP can reach 400hp with is passive ability

• Registered Users Posts: 2 quanghieu

what character in OW is most ez to play and winning?
    tks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The game doesn't work like that.
    Also, given that it's a fairly obscure post and question and there are 100's of better resources out there e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/ I don't think it's worth the debate for a 1st post.
    There is also an Overwatch thread which this is better suited to 5 threads below this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057322610

also... ez and tks ...really ?

This 'internet generation' and the quick messaging from phones drive me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hanzo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Doomfist looks like he'll scratch an itch for Rein's who don't like to shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Can't wait to punch some idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    Doomfist looks like he'll scratch an itch for Rein's who don't like to shield.

As a Rein main, I'm finding Rein to be a lot less useful these days. The dive comp just makes him less usable and I think Doomfist is going to add to that now that he can literally just punch Rein in the face :)

This is the most I've played competitive since Season 1 and I seem to have hit my level solo queuing anyway. Around the 2650 mark. Winston has generally been a lot of fun at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mercy. Having a good Mercy on a team has a postive impact like no other character.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mercy. Having a good Mercy on a team has a postive impact like no other character.

FYI

I will hunt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doomfist really reminds me of a fighting game character, he has proper combos & his cooldowns are super low.

He might be great teamed with Zarya or doing double-duty with Winston.

I'm maining Doomfist next season. After watching some gameplay, he looks bloody awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

His Ult looks like it could be good for taking out a MercyBastionRein cluster.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will the current season be ending when he is added or will he be added before then?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Will the current season be ending when he is added or will he be added before then?

Usually a week on PTR and then release into the full game, isn't it?

Orisa was disabled from comp for a week when she was released so it may be the same with Doomfist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The ONLY reason an "off season" should exist period is to introduce new heroes and maps

D.Va has voicelines for blocking ults now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Doomfist really reminds me of a fighting game character, he has proper combos & his cooldowns are super low.

He might be great teamed with Zarya or doing double-duty with Winston.

A pain in the arse to combo with Boostio or Tracer I imagine too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Merged the two Overwatch threads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    FYI

I will hunt you.

youll have to find me first :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

J. Marston wrote: »
    D.Va has voicelines for blocking ults now...

It irks me that D.Va's Defense Matrix can block everything but Lucio's Soundwave doesn't even allow you to boop away projectiles. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gizmo wrote: »
    It irks me that D.Va's Defense Matrix can block everything but Lucio's Soundwave doesn't even allow you to boop away projectiles. :(

You can't be wasting boops on projectiles... Boops are for hero's :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

In fairness you need a serious amount of game sense to eat a lot of ults. Zarya, Hanzo, mei and Tracer really need to to be on the ball. Soldier, McRee, Pharah and Reaper have a pretty **** time against a half decent D:VA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can't be wasting boops on projectiles... Boops are for hero's :)
    Well in an ideal world I could boop it back at the poxy Junkrat whose just firing them randomly and punish him for it. Unfortunately the little Aussie **** is immune to splash damage. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Played Doomfist on the PTR last night. I cant really say what hes gonna be like as for when hes with a team because as usual its straight into 6v6 No limits. And everybody is doomfist. His abilities are a bit jerky to use at the moment and will take a bit of getting used to. His primary fire which is kinda like a shotgun is pretty much only good for finishing off enemies at close range. It also recharges kinda like tracers dashs and you only have four shots.
    Rising uppercut is just that an uppercut used only when you have a hero right in front of you or for getting on a ledge or using rocket punch at height. It also has a use for his second ability which is a stun ability. While in the air you can see a little triangle on the ground which shows you where you can land Seismic slam.
    This stuns opponents for like a second it doesnt seem to be as long as McCree's flashbang. It is also kinda difficult to use as he jumps forward on the ground and when he lands is when he slams the ground to cause the stun effect. During the jump phase you can actually change your aim aswel.
    Meteor strike, his ultimate is also a bit under powered unless you hit it dead on. He jumps up into the air and you get a targeting reticule on the ground and after you click takes about a second for him to come down. His Ult cant be blocked as far as I know at the moment. He also gets a shield after succesfully using one of his abilities it isnt great but it does stack over all his abilities.
    To be honest hes a bit like genji in difficulty, as in gonna be really hard to master. When he has used his three abilities hes like a walking target for 5 seconds with a fairly wimpy shotgun to do damage. He has a larger model than any other defense hero and is really easy to hit and with 250 hp he goes down fairly rapidly. The best counters at the moment seem to be Sombra and McCree.
    They can both counter his abilities and make mince meat of him. Also a decent tracer and and even a mediocre widow can hit him .
    Where I see him being of most value is breaking through chokepoints like Eichenwalde and King's Row and causing havoc while the rest of the team dive into support him.
    He is fairly fun to play and I can see him being fairly frustrating to play against. Thats my 2 cents on him so far anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement