Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Played Doomfist on the PTR last night. I cant really say what hes gonna be like as for when hes with a team because as usual its straight into 6v6 No limits. And everybody is doomfist. His abilities are a bit jerky to use at the moment and will take a bit of getting used to. His primary fire which is kinda like a shotgun is pretty much only good for finishing off enemies at close range. It also recharges kinda like tracers dashs and you only have four shots.
    Rising uppercut is just that an uppercut used only when you have a hero right in front of you or for getting on a ledge or using rocket punch at height. It also has a use for his second ability which is a stun ability. While in the air you can see a little triangle on the ground which shows you where you can land Seismic slam.
    This stuns opponents for like a second it doesnt seem to be as long as McCree's flashbang. It is also kinda difficult to use as he jumps forward on the ground and when he lands is when he slams the ground to cause the stun effect. During the jump phase you can actually change your aim aswel.
    Meteor strike, his ultimate is also a bit under powered unless you hit it dead on. He jumps up into the air and you get a targeting reticule on the ground and after you click takes about a second for him to come down. His Ult cant be blocked as far as I know at the moment. He also gets a shield after succesfully using one of his abilities it isnt great but it does stack over all his abilities.
    To be honest hes a bit like genji in difficulty, as in gonna be really hard to master. When he has used his three abilities hes like a walking target for 5 seconds with a fairly wimpy shotgun to do damage. He has a larger model than any other defense hero and is really easy to hit and with 250 hp he goes down fairly rapidly. The best counters at the moment seem to be Sombra and McCree.
    They can both counter his abilities and make mince meat of him. Also a decent tracer and and even a mediocre widow can hit him .
    Where I see him being of most value is breaking through chokepoints like Eichenwalde and King's Row and causing havoc while the rest of the team dive into support him.
    He is fairly fun to play and I can see him being fairly frustrating to play against. Thats my 2 cents on him so far anyway.

When you use you power punch if you knock the person into a wall it'll do double damage.

A Rein shield can block his Ult if the Rein is quick enough to aim up. (I think Winston barrier can as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

emmetkenny wrote: »
    When you use you power punch if you knock the person into a wall it'll do double damage.

A Rein shield can block his Ult if the Rein is quick enough to aim up. (I think Winston barrier can as well)

I didn't know that about the shields, I haven't seen it yet on the PTR. Good to know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I was going to ask what blocks his ult, wonder will the damage be reworked. Its 300 in the centre, 175 at the edge of centre and scales down to a measly 25 at max distance.

He's confirmed Offense Hero, would Reaper be a similarly sized model?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

J. Marston wrote: »
    Usually a week on PTR and then release into the full game, isn't it?

It was almost 3 weeks before Orisa made her way from PTR to general release, though they did a load of re-balancing in that time.

Hopefully the wait isn't so long this time, but I'd be surprised if it was less than 10-12 days

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I was going to ask what blocks his ult, wonder will the damage be reworked. Its 300 in the centre, 175 at the edge of centre and scales down to a measly 25 at max distance.

He's confirmed Offense Hero, would Reaper be a similarly sized model?

He has a bigger model than reaper even. He is quite an easy target to hit compared to the rest of the offense heroes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Most infuriating thing in this is going 2-0 up and then some idiot gets cocky, picks Hanzo or Widowmaker, ruins the team comp that was winning easily, people scramble for picks to stop the other teams momentum but we end up losing 3-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm just surprised nobody left at 2-0.

Start game.
    Smurf in our team "SkilledHanzo".
    Checks stats.
    7 hours played played this season, all Hanzo.
    Eliminations per life: 1.48

RIjDtWf.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I see now there tonnes of places that are doing stats boosting for OW, i don't know how anyone could pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I see now there tonnes of places that are doing stats boosting for OW, i don't know how anyone could pay for that.

sniperwolf did

• Advertisement

Matchmaking seems to be treating me a bit better. Back to LWLWLLWW kinda days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

jonnycivic wrote: »
    youll have to find me first :P
    a772f62f11a0d1e1521263cf45955e7dd485d8d147bd4b0615de9143fe55f96a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Really enjoying my sombra playing, winrate is only 40% and I have to switch a lot of times, apart from the hate before a match begins most people seem ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Sight808 wrote: »
    Really enjoying my sombra playing, winrate is only 40% and I have to switch a lot of times, apart from the hate before a match begins most people seem ok with it.
    Most people try and use her out front with the Mcrees and Soldiers where she works better around the sides sneaking up on people more like Genji or Tracer.
    She is a lot of fun to use. Watching an enemy run for the nearest health pack only to discover that you've hacked it before gunning them down.

A few games I've played Sombra has grabbed enough of the point on the sly to make a difference to the game on an otherwise stalemate, outright winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Grayditch wrote: »
    A few games I've played Sombra has grabbed enough of the point on the sly to make a difference to the game on an otherwise stalemate, outright winning it.

Catching a Pharah unawares and seeing them panic when they can't fly away is fun :)

https://youtu.be/oEiSuFMObLA

interesting video here. Roadhog getting redone again, discussion on abilities the community feels are OP or "not fun" to get killed by.

Is there anything to be said for getting rid of Widowmaker on consoles...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Had an awesome comp match over the weekend. We had gotten the payload to the end, so did the other team. We had 1 minute left on the timer and they had 1.11 left on theirs. We were first to attack so we switched up a little, I jumped off mercy (because her res wouldn't be up within a minute so was pointless for attack) and went to Soldier while one of the others swapped to Lucio. We steamrolled the other team on the point (After which I swapped back to mercy and hid on the payload) and managed to get through 2 checkpoints before it ended. The other team were next up to attack, they didnt stand a chance at all and the game ended 5-3. It was actually quite fun for a comp match :D

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for getting rid of Widowmaker on consoles...

After seeing a widow trying to shoot at a Parah in the sky for an entire game and not land 1 shot I have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jonnycivic wrote:
    After seeing a widow trying to shoot at a Parah in the sky for an entire game and not land 1 shot I have to agree.

It would be nice if you retained a portion of Ult charge when switching so it felt less like you'd wasted your time before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »
    It would be nice if you retained a portion of Ult charge when switching so it felt less like you'd wasted your time before.

jesus no. ULt charge off high ult heros swap to zarya with a shnit ton of charge. no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

jesus no. ULt charge off high ult heros swap to zarya with a shnit ton of charge. no thanks

Sym to Zarya swap meta.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »
    Really like the new feature that allows you to quickly look at everyone's mains in the group screen.

Where is this feature ??
    This is in comp before a game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Where is this feature ??
    This is in comp before a game ?

Open social, tab right to teams, hover over players names.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

It's a very handy feature and i'm glad they added it but i can't help checking it whenever i'm getting rolled in Arcade or QP and thinking "oh there's like 700 SR difference between my teammates and I, must be their fault".

Maybe it is, maybe its just one of those games or maybe i'm playing crap...but it definitely gives me a defeatist attitude if i check mid-game. Must get out of the habit!

The only thing I can take from comp last night is I got one play of the game with a 4 players res while damage boosting reaper. Apart from that I'm down 160 odd SR :(

It was a pretty grim night for Sr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, over the last 36 hours comp was completely different for me. Paired with functional teams (or at least teammates) each time who seemed to naturally fall into place even on the occasional instance we got a bronze Hanzo/Widow thrown into the mix. Ended up recovering ~250SR and feeling considerably better after the last few days of losing streaks.

Is this kind of change in fortunes a common thing in comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gizmo wrote: »
    Is this kind of change in fortunes a common thing in comp?

Eh no, contact Blizzard immediately and give back that SR. You are specifically forbidden to win any games with a hanzo/widow on your team.

• Advertisement

Might take a break until season 6. Over the last week it feels like a flipping a coin now in every match as to whether you'll have a leaver or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement