Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Tip for today: try not to do too well in the first min.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Grayditch wrote: »
    Tip for today: try not to do too well in the first min.

Well...statistically the team that wins the first fight go on to win the game.

Not if someone from the other team quits. 3 times today.

PS4 update just now.

Not if someone from the other team quits. 3 times today.

Oh that's harsh, that's something that Blizzard really need to work on, had it happen a few times and it's really disheartening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone run the update? Are we being Doomfisted?

I wish I could enjoy the times when the team I'm on comes out of the traps with a vengeance and rolls the enemy, but I instantly get a sense of impending doom that it will make someone leave. Happens quite a bit and it does my head in. Should get some SR for that. And everyone should get SR for a draw which take quite a bit of time to play out.

Really starting to get a pain in my sack with some of these rules.

No Doomfist, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I know it's easy to say, but just try and forget about SR, it's much more enjoyable. Last season it was all I cared about and would get very frustrated when I lost (especially when in master rank). This season I couldn't give a toss and am enjoying the game a lot more.

I don't really care about it as long as I'm past 2300. Below that the games are noticeably worse with more throwers and leavers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I don't really care about it as long as I'm past 2300. Below that the games are noticeably worse with more throwers and leavers.

That's fair enough alright, the quality can get pretty bad at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Just in case people have been hoarding.
    Loot Box contents are generated at the time that they earned or purchased, NOT when they are opened.

This means that any loot box you earn or purchase now—or at any point before our loot box update is released—will not be affected by the changes listed below. Only those loot boxes that are earned or purchased after patch 1.13.0 is live and playable on your gaming platform will be eligible for the following improvements

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

dudeeile wrote: »
    Eh no, contact Blizzard immediately and give back that SR. You are specifically forbidden to win any games with a hanzo/widow on your team.
    I take it back, we had a Hanzo named "Shredda" who switched to a Widow, a Genji and then a Tracer. It all went downhill from there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »
    Might take a break until season 6. Over the last week it feels like a flipping a coin now in every match as to whether you'll have a leaver or not.

and his follow-up video

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I guess I'm in the same boat as him but that guy is so annoying. All Overwatch news youtubers are really. Make a video about news or an opinion that would take 2 minutes to discuss but they all stretch it to just over 10 minutes for revenue reasons and the video is just them repeating themselves after the first 2-3 minutes.

Had some good games tonight on PS4 with the lads from here. Good comms compared to the night before. Still bashed a few times, but definitely a better night for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »
    I guess I'm in the same boat as him but that guy is so annoying. All Overwatch news youtubers are really. Make a video about news or an opinion that would take 2 minutes to discuss but they all stretch it to just over 10 minutes for revenue reasons and the video is just them repeating themselves after the first 2-3 minutes.

Well no, that's not all he does.
    He does coaching videos too etc

He's a GM player, so does videos on coaching for all characters up to his level, people send him VODs and he gives constructive feedback.

He is definitely one of the better if not the best content provider for OverWatch.

I think you're just lumping him in with all the other crap without giving him his fair dues.

UnnaturalColdCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

^^ I like it when he starts hammering the "sorry" spray. >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

il_570xN.1050959404_k7bs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im doing some Mystery heros in the evenings to get better with Chars i don't use at all ever. All it kept throwing me yesterday was Hanzo mainly haha
    Used to D'va in comp a little bit, the joys of swallowing a reaper ult then blasting him in the face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Im doing some Mystery heros in the evenings to get better with Chars i don't use at all ever. All it kept throwing me yesterday was Hanzo mainly haha
    Used to D'va in comp a little bit, the joys of swallowing a reaper ult then blasting him in the face :D

Had a fun Mystery Hero's last night where Reaper Ulted but myself and another Reinhardt got our shields up either side of him then hammered him to dust.

Its not everyone's cup of tea but I like how it throws up weird situations to deal with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

For those not aware Kaplan mentioned that they are working on RH survability as a way to bring him back in balance; the most obvious would be to change part of his health to armor but honestly RHs problem is not surviving but simply that he does not have enough impact on the game any more (beyond letting the enemy soak ultimate on him); there are also suppose to be changes to Mercy's revive but unspecified what yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Make Mercy's rez line of sight. Will put a dent in the "Where's Mercy?!" hide and seek meta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nody wrote: »
    For those not aware Kaplan mentioned that they are working on RH survability as a way to bring him back in balance; the most obvious would be to change part of his health to armor but honestly RHs problem is not surviving but simply that he does not have enough impact on the game any more (beyond letting the enemy soak ultimate on him); there are also suppose to be changes to Mercy's revive but unspecified what yet.

They better not fup up my mercy rez :mad:

I think you could remove Mercy's invincibility so she can't go straight back to healing/boosting and hopefully that would make her rez choices that bit more tactical if there is a high risk of her dying. She's a little OP right now.

Rein is only as good/bad as the team around him.

Sorry, isnt the Rez change to do with stopping people from using it in their spawn? I seen that mentioned somewhere last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    They better not fup up my mercy rez :mad:

All you Mercy one tricks who are climbing with a 40% win rate are what's making them look at her.

I read a post on Reddit which showed that your SR is linked heavily to On Fire. I've found that getting a 4+ man Res will leave me on Fire much longer than doing anything with either Zen or Lucio.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    All you Mercy one tricks who are climbing with a 40% win rate are what's making them look at her.

I read a post on Reddit which showed that your SR is linked heavily to On Fire. I've found that getting a 4+ man Res will leave me on Fire much longer than doing anything with either Zen or Lucio.

Well im no Mercy 1 trick ;) and I think my win rate with her is over 50% now :P
    A good mercy is exactly what a good comp team need in fairness because of the healing output.

• Advertisement

Got a 4 Rez last night. Still got stomped. That team were good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement