Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Doomfist cosmetics...

His epic skins are way better than his legendaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This game is a complete dickhead game full of complete dickheads.

*breathes*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

"Focus the Mercy"
    "Focus the Mercy"
    "Focus the Mercy"
    "Focus the Mercy"
    "Focus the Mercy"

Is there a way to bind a phrase to a key? I'm ****ing sick of typing that in nearly every match I play. We lost at least three matches last night due to clutch Rezs while at various objectives, never mind the utterly wasted damage and Ult feeding that's going on in the meantime. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Reinhardt changes up on PTR, along with McRee and Zarya. Zarya change could be very good.
    No more using guardian angel to get away from Graviton Surge then? Awww.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I see now there tonnes of places that are doing stats boosting for OW, i don't know how anyone could pay for that.

Especially when you play in a 6 stack all the time. You should report it if you suspect that someone has done it

Blizzard have said they'll ban people for it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Especially when you play in a 6 stack all the time. You should report it if you suspect that someone has done it

Wait, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    All you Mercy one tricks who are climbing with a 40% win rate are what's making them look at her.

I read a post on Reddit which showed that your SR is linked heavily to On Fire. I've found that getting a 4+ man Res will leave me on Fire much longer than doing anything with either Zen or Lucio.

To be fair. Jonny is not a Mercy-One-Trick, it would be a disservice to say otherwise.
    He simply came to the OW Comp Party a bit later than some others in our group. Essentially with me playing so much Pharah, he chose to play Mercy so we can combo.
    It was essentially "Who do you like? Can you play Mercy? We need a dedicated Healer? Just be the Healer, cheers".
    We made a conscious decision to NOT have Lucio as our 1st/main healer as we were not running Dive-Comp, and the Res was benefiting us a lot more than Sound Barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

To be fair. Jonny is not a Mercy-One-Trick, it would be a disservice to say otherwise.
    He simply came to the OW Comp Party a bit later than some others in our group. Essentially with me playing so much Pharah, he chose to play Mercy so we can combo.
    It was essentially "Who do you like? Can you play Mercy? We need a dedicated Healer? Just be the Healer, cheers".
    We made a conscious decision to NOT have Lucio as our 1st/main healer as we were not running Dive-Comp, and the Res was benefiting us a lot more than Sound Barrier.

Ah I was only joking. I know most people on this thread would play way more than one character, especially when playing in groups and filling in.

When I started out around October the guys used to play Tank and DPS so I automatically picked Lucio and mained him mostly with a good bit of Zen. This season I've been playing a bit of Mercy so I can heal with three characters to a decent level.

I also like to play Dva. I've been playing Tracer a bit on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shutting Reaper up is a nice buff. They should do the same with Sombra.

I'm sometimes still confused about the scoring in Comp. Lunar map. Got rolled. 2-0. Rolled them, 2-2. Round 3, defended A. So did they. Then they just won 3-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm sometimes still confused about the scoring in Comp. Lunar map. Got rolled. 2-0. Rolled them, 2-2. Round 3, defended A. So did they. Then they just won 3-2.

They must have captured more of Point A the second time around.

Must have got it right into overtime and I didn't cop. There was a guy screaming at Hanzo to change and it was very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So I think I have a new main

https://youtu.be/BFA2xRwxd8c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I watched a stream yesterday by a pro, Immortals FATE.
    He's Korean and has 2 accounts in the top 500. No. 10 and 28 or something I think.

He was playing as Winston and it was amazing, not ONCE !!! did he flame or BM his teammates (he was solo queuing too). Even when he got paired with some Masters he just shot called and helped em along....honestly the way I'd love to be ingame myself.

I know I can get angry and be toxic...but this guy...so impressive, pretty funny too.

"Ana....boost the monkey...boost the monkey ! "
    Give him a watch, he's great, you won't regret.
    Also a chance to see and learn some high level plays

He had 70+ eliminations...vrs Master/Grandmaster players

Watching him live atm now too

Watch the VOD from yesterday
    https://www.twitch.tv/fate_ow/videos/all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Never said I suspected anyone of it, just said I see the service offered everywhere, i.e: advertisements on some websites.
    Blizzard are known for their ban hammer in fairness but how many people would bother reporting when its probably a pain in the hole to do it :P

FyI the World Cup started today.

I guess France are favourites in this group.
    Their 6 players are basically NAs top pro team...Rogue.
    The Rogue roster makes up the whole French team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Yup streaming all weekend on twitch
    https://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatch

Is it just me or is overwatch just too hectic to watch as a spectator sport? Each player is showing massive amounts of skill, but so much gets lost.

I can't watch PC streams for long, because of the speed of the camera. Dizzying when you're not the one controlling it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ill have to grab the ould tablet and give it a watch so :P

I hope the French team lose...

no reason...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is that being streamed on youtube too by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I hope the French team lose...

no reason...

South korea will win easily.

The best teams in the world by far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Anyone else not able to get that stream working? Might just be that I'm in work...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Anyone else not able to get that stream working? Might just be that I'm in work...

working perfect for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is that being streamed on youtube too by any chance?

yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

First time coming up against a bought account today, a Platinum player on a >1900 team. Dude proceeded to pick Genji and then play spectacularly bad, it was pretty funny all things considered.

Can you report a player on PS4 to Blizzard in any way? Had a couple of throwers today, be great if something could be done.

However, I'd imagine it's like throwing an envelope into the wind.

I can't watch PC streams for long, because of the speed of the camera. Dizzying when you're not the one controlling it.

For me personally it's usually only on a Tracer or a Genji Ult that it gets a bit mental, the rest is fairly standard...though I've not seen or played OW or Xbox One or PS4...so not aware of the difference

• Advertisement

I often throw a quick spray down if I think I got play of the game. I accidentally emoted and it saved my life. But I look like the biggest arsehole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement