Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Getting fed up playing in competitive matches where my team have no interest in keeping the healer alive. So frustrating to be constantly picked off by the same player over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm literally crawling my way to 2700. Been a win then a loss, repeat. Which has led to 2694, 2695 and now 2696.

It's just not going to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cool skin design from Reddit.

Probably the only thing that would make me play Mercy again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EndKore

You can travel up the ranks with mercy if you have insight of the players around you i moved from sliver to Plat in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EndKore wrote: »
    You can travel up the ranks with mercy if you have insight of the players around you i moved from sliver to Plat in a month

I've climbed 609SR since the season start on my second account. Started at 1739 and now at 2348 after 43 games.

I've played Mercy 27 times with a win % of 59% and Lucio 13 times with a win % of 53%.

The following win rates per group size and games played

25 Solo - 72%
    7 Duo - 57%
    6 Trio - 33%
    5 Four - 40%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote:
    Probably the only thing that would make me play Mercy again!

But you can't see it when you play as Mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

EndKore wrote: »

And when someone steals mercy first you can't shoot sh*t with other characters because you're so used to auto aim :P

And when someone steals mercy first you can't shoot sh*t with other characters because you're so used to auto aim :P

That's why there's Symetra, Winston and Rein... No aiming needed :P

I only play Mercy, no other heroes. I mean that quite literally, I think my accumulated game time for all the other heroes combined must be less than 10 minutes.

You can do well with Mercy but you do need a team that is smart. If your team all head off in different directions, don't come back for healing and allow the opposition dps or tanks to get at you then it's not going to be much fun. If they play smart then you can really clean up. A good mercy that is kept alive by the team is often the difference between sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

fixxxer wrote: »
    But you can't see it when you play as Mercy.

I can while emoting when I'm hiding and waiting for a 4+ rez.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I only play Mercy, no other heroes. I mean that quite literally, I think my accumulated game time for all the other heroes combined must be less than 10 minutes.

You can do well with Mercy but you do need a team that is smart. If your team all head off in different directions, don't come back for healing and allow the opposition dps or tanks to get at you then it's not going to be much fun. If they play smart then you can really clean up. A good mercy that is kept alive by the team is often the difference between sides.

What happens if someone picks Mercy before you? What do you play then?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What happens if someone picks Mercy before you? What do you play then?

Has only ever happened once or twice, I'll either ask for Mercy or play whatever the team needs with the warning that I'll be hopeless at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is this in Comp? You should really get another carachter down for when she's taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I've played most comp games with Mercy as well, i'm trying to get away from it though. I usually wait to see what everyone else has picked in hope that someone takes Mercy first. I do enjoy it but I need a few backup plans. If the other team are good at taking Mercy out it can be an awful waste of time

Has only ever happened once or twice, I'll either ask for Mercy or play whatever the team needs with the warning that I'll be hopeless at it.

I've had a few games this season where there has been two Mercy mains on my team. Needless to say the one who didn't get to play Mercy was terrible.

You really are hurting your team though by only playing one character. At least have another option or two incase you can't play her.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is this in Comp? You should really get another carachter down for when she's taken.

Yea competitive.

I do keep meaning to play someone else in casual but haven't been bothered yet as it has hardly ever been an issue.

I've had a few games this season where there has been two Mercy mains on my team. Needless to say the one who didn't get to play Mercy was terrible.

You really are hurting your team though by only playing one character. At least have another option or two incase you can't play her.

Not really, if having to play someone else was a common thing I'd agree but:

1. I'm good at Mercy
    2. It has pretty much never been an issue getting to play her.

Just looked at my stats for competitive and I have played Mercy for 98.8% of the game time played.

Don't disagree that I should learn a second one but it's not hurt my team so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Should never be a one trick pony in competitive, worst thing you can do.

Also **** mercy,

Just got a quintuple kill, mercy reses 3 out of 5 and steals potg. **** OFF

Also **** mercy,

In a lot of cases that is true as some heroes are useless in certain scenarios, but a Mercy is pretty much a constant requirement so it's not a big deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also **** mercy,

Ah poor mercy, she gets a lot of flack but sure shes great :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

In a lot of cases that is true as some heroes are useless in certain scenarios, but a Mercy is pretty much a constant requirement so it's not a big deal.

Have to agree there, a mercy can really help out the team far better with healing etc. Sure even a res can change a game. We had one a week or two ago where the enemy team nearly had the payload at the destination. I was running from spawn to it when the only person that was at it died. They were in stairwell as reaper and the entire team just went in and mauled them so to stop the point I res'd. What I res'd was a thing of beauty, a reaper with his ult. He popped his ult as I damage boosted and boom most the team were gone leaving us to push the point back and holding out for the win :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Have to agree there, a mercy can really help out the team far better with healing etc. Sure even a res can change a game. We had one a week or two ago where the enemy team nearly had the payload at the destination. I was running from spawn to it when the only person that was at it died. They were in stairwell as reaper and the entire team just went in and mauled them so to stop the point I res'd. What I res'd was a thing of beauty, a reaper with his ult. He popped his ult as I damage boosted and boom most the team were gone leaving us to push the point back and holding out for the win :D

Got a 5 man res the other day on the new moon map on the second point in attack. Won us the match for sure.

What level are you playing at?

What level are you playing at?

Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Got playing with some Scottish players last night. Absolutely sound and got my Sr up a nice bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mercy is far from a constant requirement, solo healing with Zen, Lucio and Ana is really achievable in most cases. Unless I'm getting zero protection, Zen is usually enough.

I'm descending into a beautiful rut of playing only Winston and Zenyatta and I love it.

Mercy is far from a constant requirement, solo healing with Zen, Lucio and Ana is really achievable in most cases. Unless I'm getting zero protection, Zen is usually enough.

I'm descending into a beautiful rut of playing only Winston and Zenyatta and I love it.

Percentage of times anyone has ever complained about a mercy pick or asked for a change: 0%.

Maybe requirement is the wrong word but the point is you can pick mercy for every single game with no issue.

Gold.

I find I get a lot more time in Gold to do whatever I want with Mercy. On my main account (2700ish) I get hounded by Tracers and Pharah and life is a lot harder.

Zen is not a good solo healer... Saying that I have done it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The only acceptable one trick is Junkrat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement