Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

awec wrote: »
    Percentage of times anyone has ever complained about a mercy pick or asked for a change: 0%.

Maybe requirement is the wrong word but the point is you can pick mercy for every single game with no issue.

That's fair enough, it sounds very unappealing for me is all. I'd need to be mixing it up every so often to keep sane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Zen is not a good solo healer... Saying that I have done it :pac:

It does depend on team comps, if you're looking at Rein or Orisa, Genji and Tracer you're probably going to manage as the solo I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

fixxxer wrote: »
    The only acceptable one trick is Junkrat.

I love Junkrat. Had a game last night attacking Hollywood where I was Winston in a typical dive comp. Getting nowhere for about 3 minutes so switched to Junkrat, out of frustration really, launched a blind volley of grenades over the building to the right of the archway chokepoint and fluked a Mercy kill. Everyone scuttled in and we took the point. Chaos > Meta (on that occasion!).

He's so fun but the prevalence of PharMercy makes him an easy target 90% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It does depend on team comps, if you're looking at Rein or Orisa, Genji and Tracer you're probably going to manage as the solo I've found.

If you've tanks with no self heal you'll constantly have people critical. If that's the case you'll be focusing to much on swapping Harmony Orbs around and won't have time to focus on Discord.

Saying that if your solo healing because everyone else picked whatever the hell that wanted then they've no right to tell you what healer you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Should never be a one trick pony in competitive, worst thing you can do.

Also **** mercy,

Just got a quintuple kill, mercy reses 3 out of 5 and steals potg. **** OFF

but she did get play of the game you killed 5... nice she then raised 3 of them probably saving/capping point which would therefore be a better play of the game as she basically negated your play. it is annoying but does make sense

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Percentage of times anyone has ever complained about a mercy pick or asked for a change: 0%.

Maybe requirement is the wrong word but the point is you can pick mercy for every single game with no issue.
    I've actually had both happen; number of times of complaints about lack of healing "Gazillion and one" from the guy on the other side of the enemy team trying to solo the whole back line at the same time. Complaints about Mercy pick? Once as they wanted a Lucio as single healer instead (and I was happy enough to comply as I'm ok on Lucio/Mercy/Zenyatta as required).

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Mercy is super functional, great solo healer at most levels and i find her very entertaining to play...

But the idea of not trying out the rest of the heroes is baffling! So many of them are heaps of fun, really fleshed out my enjoyment of the game anyway.

Nearly 900hrs played now and i've only recently expanded my QP-worthy hero pool to about 12. So much to learn. Out of interest any idea what your playtime is on Overwatch guys? I know there's a bunch of you here that play tonnes.

Also i've played less than 10 comp matches this season, Mystery Heroes all the way baaaaayybeeeeee!

I find I get a lot more time in Gold to do whatever I want with Mercy. On my main account (2700ish) I get hounded by Tracers and Pharah and life is a lot harder.

you'd swear you played high gm the way you go do you know that, your mid plat give it a rest man the difference between plat and high gold is negligible, i`m sure from diamond up mechanically players become far more mechanically skilled.

but when places like your overwatch, overwatch central, ragg tagg, seagull, stylosa and more say games are far harder to win without a good mercy, and are in fact calling for changes to her res as it is considered broken at high levels with the invulnerability for the whole team swinging points... yeah i think i'll listen to them over you some know-it-all wannabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

jcd5971 wrote: »
    but when places like your overwatch, overwatch central, ragg tagg, seagull, stylosa and more say games are far harder to win without a good mercy, and are in fact calling for changes to her res as it is considered broken at high levels with the invulnerability for the whole team swinging points... yeah i think i'll listen to them over you some know-it-all wannabe.

Many people are playing on consoles here too.

Apples and oranges in terms on how the game plays and how it's balanced.

you'd swear you played high gm the way you go do you know that, your mid plat give it a rest man the difference between plat and high gold is negligible, i`m sure from diamond up mechanically players become far more mechanically skilled.

Great contribution there I have to say.

I'm explaining the difference I'm seeing between my two accounts, I don't make out I'm great, far from it in fact. What I am saying is in Plat I'm been chased down an awful lot more and killed than on my Gold account. Is that so hard to believe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

In the last two weeks people in comp are focusing on mercy alot more. Mercy makes that much of a difference that if you team kill her quick you can get some serious damage done to the remaining heros then.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    In the last two weeks people in comp are focusing on mercy alot more. Mercy makes that much of a difference that if you team kill her quick you can get some serious damage done to the remaining heros then.

The change to Zarya Ult should help with her escaping and getting a good Res off as well.

SeantheMan wrote:
    Many people are playing on consoles here too.

SeantheMan wrote:
    Apples and oranges in terms on how the game plays and how it's balanced.

I am on console also what difference does the system played on make in relation to this point.

I placed low silver this season which was horrible kick in the teeth after the last too seasons, I've now climbed back to plat 2550 now it's been slow and tedious the point is the quality of matches between high silver and low gold was very very similar.

The difference in high gold to low plat so far is the same I'm scoring more or less the same damage and elims as I was in gold for last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The noise Lucio makes when being fried by Winston is still pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    In the last two weeks people in comp are focusing on mercy alot more.

Everyone except us :pac:

emmetkenny wrote:
    Great contribution there I have to say.

Honestly a lot of you posts read incredibly condensending, especially when you reply to players who you perceive to be in lower ranks.

I'm not sure if this intentional or not but after a while it's just annoying.

Honestly a lot of you posts read incredibly condensending, especially when you reply to players who you perceive to be in lower ranks.

I'm not sure if this intentional or not but after a while it's just annoying.

Honestly your wrong. Maybe it's the way your picking things up but my intention is not to talk down to anyone. If it bothers you that much you can always ignore me and then you won't have to read my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Let's group up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

J. Marston wrote: »
    I love Junkrat. Had a game last night attacking Hollywood where I was Winston in a typical dive comp. Getting nowhere for about 3 minutes so switched to Junkrat, out of frustration really, launched a blind volley of grenades over the building to the right of the archway chokepoint and fluked a Mercy kill. Everyone scuttled in and we took the point. Chaos > Meta (on that occasion!).

He's so fun but the prevalence of PharMercy makes him an easy target 90% of the time.

I too love this rodent. He's just so much fun to play and fairly versatile. His ult is shíte though - easily taken out if seen and it's hard to miss with all that noise.

He's excellent when you need to defend a choke or add some chaos to the enemy team. It's not easy for an enemy team when Rein and others keep flying in the air or stepping on a trap while being spammed with grenades.

He's pretty good on attack too in areas that aren't too open. In rooms, he can 1v1 almost anyone as long as he has his mine and/or trap handy. He can also spam areas to make them out of bounds for a bastion, widow, torbjorn or hanzo all while being unseen.

He's not great on some of the more open capture points though. He really needs to have cover from long-range heroes and flankers to really work. Then again, I'm just a quickplay scrub so this isn't as much of an issue.

Pharmercy's a pain and they normally stay out of grenade range. If they can be baited to follow me indoors, they're fecked though.

I'm actually trying not to play him so often but there are so many times in a game that I think to myself "What we really need now is not more healing, sustain or clever flanking but some chaos. Lots of chaos.".

I too love this rodent. He's just so much fun to play and fairly versatile. His ult is shíte though - easily taken out if seen and it's hard to miss with all that noise.

He's excellent when you need to defend a choke or add some chaos to the enemy team. It's not easy for an enemy team when Rein and others keep flying in the air or stepping on a trap while being spammed with grenades.

He's pretty good on attack too in areas that aren't too open. In rooms, he can 1v1 almost anyone as long as he has his mine and/or trap handy. He can also spam areas to make them out of bounds for a bastion, widow, torbjorn or hanzo all while being unseen.

He's not great on some of the more open capture points though. He really needs to have cover from long-range heroes and flankers to really work. Then again, I'm just a quickplay scrub so this isn't as much of an issue.

Pharmercy's a pain and they normally stay out of grenade range. If they can be baited to follow me indoors, they're fecked though.

I'm actually trying not to play him so often but there are so many times in a game that I think to myself "What we really need now is not more healing, sustain or clever flanking but some chaos. Lots of chaos.".

He's a pain when your coming back from spawn walk around a corner and bam your dead. Fecking Junkrat spamming at a tank, over shooting and killing someone else... Like a Hanzo but more skill ;)

• Advertisement

I am on console also what difference does the system played on make in relation to this point.

His point was in relation to Mercy and how he can get away with certain things at gold level that he can't at others.
    However this is true for only certain characters depending on console or not.

Pharah from what I read here along with mercy seems to be extremely viable on console up to high ranks, whereas it's not the case at all on PC.

The same goes for how Widow, Torbjorn etc and many other chars are balanced differently on different systems.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    His point was in relation to Mercy and how he can get away with certain things at gold level that he can't at others.
    However this is true for only certain characters depending on console or not.

Pharah from what I read here along with mercy seems to be extremely viable on console up to high ranks, whereas it's not the case at all on PC.

The same goes for how Widow, Torbjorn etc and many other chars are balanced differently on different systems.

I play on Xbox. One of the lads was saying that you see widow way more often on PC alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

He's a pain when your coming back from spawn walk around a corner and bam your dead. Fecking Junkrat spamming at a tank, over shooting and killing someone else... Like a Hanzo but more skill ;)

Ah yes, the ability to kill those whose presence you aren't even aware of. Passive killing, if you will.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I play on Xbox. One of the lads was saying that you see widow way more often on PC alright.

Still illicits trolling/throwing accusations whenever she's picked, Hanzo too (at gold level.)

Ah yes, the ability to kill those whose presence you aren't even aware of. Passive killing, if you will.

Or the sneaky trap to stop you getting on the payload in Overtime, or throwing the mine at you and you go flying :D

He's a lot better since he doesn't take damage from his own weapons anymore.

Some of the high level widows are amazing.
    She even made a few appearances in some of the World Cup games.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Some of the high level widows are amazing.
    She even made a few appearances in some of the World Cup games.

I've only came up against one really good widow on Xbox. I swear everyone I moved she headshot me. She kept moving around as well so you never knew where she was :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Most widows are rubbish.

So are most hanzos.

Which is why they always cause groaning when they are picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PC has more Widowmakers, and a lot of them are good... the f**kers
    Console Pharah is a lot better as there are less Widowmakers and McCrees countering her

• Advertisement

Most widows are rubbish.

So are most hanzos.

Which is why they always cause groaning when they are picked.

Hanzo always has scatter arrow to kill you with after bouncing off 14 walls :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement