Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I find from watching Killcams that most good Widows and Hanzos on PS4 seem to use mouse and keyboard.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We got beaten by a team with an attacking Torbjorn last night on king of the hill which was pretty embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I find from watching Killcams that most good Widows and Hanzos on PS4 seem to use mouse and keyboard.

Heard someone mention that in chat the other night. He said most of the top 500 on PS4 are using mouse and keyboard.

Don't know how true it is but it's try-harding to an absurd degree. Just play on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    Heard someone mention that in chat the other night. He said most of the top 500 on PS4 are using mouse and keyboard.

Don't know how true it is but it's try-harding to an absurd degree. Just play on PC.

Can you not be banned for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

PC has more Widowmakers, and a lot of them are good... the f**kers
    Console Pharah is a lot better as there are less Widowmakers and McCrees countering her

Exactly, most Pharahs...except the amazing ones can be picked out of the sky on PC by an average soldier or mcree or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

awec wrote: »
    We got beaten by a team with an attacking Torbjorn last night on king of the hill which was pretty embarrassing.

Technically on King of the Hil, it's just "Torb" and not "attack Torb" :p

emmetkenny wrote: »

Don't know but how would you even confirm it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

hard to know, I looked at a few of those devices as I have an xbox 360 steering wheel thats in too good a condition to waste. Ultimately I decided against it as I feel you do run the risk of being banned, either for cheating, or modifying the hardware.

still, you could argue that the elite controller gives you an unfair advantage on console too.

Don't know but how would you even confirm it?

Not sure really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I don't see why you would as it is an official accessory available to all.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    I don't see why you would as it is an official accessory available to all.

I never knew you could buy one of those!! Looks quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Not bannable but Jeph doesn't like it

https://www.polygon.com/2017/2/3/14502282/overwatch-mouse-and-keyboard-ps4-xbox

Most toxic evening of Overwatch I can remember playing. Throwers in almost every game.

From what I've seen, Control maps are the worst for it and I seemed to be stuck on a rotation of Ilios, Oasis and Nepal all night except for one game on Eichenwalde. Lose one point and people start to lose their shít.

Actually left the last game when we went 2-0 down on Nepal. A duo of Widowmaker and Torbjorn running around doing nothing other than spamming "Thanks" and "Understood". 50SR hit was better than another 5 minutes of that shít.

Game has gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Most toxic evening of Overwatch I can remember playing. Throwers in almost every game.

From what I've seen, Control maps are the worst for it and I seemed to be stuck on a rotation of Ilios, Oasis and Nepal all night except for one game on Eichenwalde. Lose one point and people start to lose their shít.

Actually left the last game when we went 2-0 down on Nepal. A duo of Widowmaker and Torbjorn running around doing nothing other than spamming "Thanks" and "Understood". 50SR hit was better than another 5 minutes of that shít.

Game has gone to the dogs.

It's the exact same on PC. 1 in 3 games has a perm leaver either on the team I am on or the enemy team. I had to stop playing sombra because people just tilted straight away. I might actually go back to duo/trio stacking

I wonder if it's because people feel season 5 is winding down. They're not going to climb in SR so they're just ****ing about instead. I was in QP last night and it was much more fun. Sure the team comp wasn't meta compliant but everyone stayed!

fixxxer wrote: »
    I wonder if it's because people feel season 5 is winding down. They're not going to climb in SR so they're just ****ing about instead. I was in QP last night and it was much more fun. Sure the team comp wasn't meta compliant but everyone stayed!

It's hardly over that quick?

It's hardly over that quick?

My mistake, I thought it was July 24th it ended but it seems is August. So yeah, I have no idea why comp players are being extra ****ty these days.

fixxxer wrote: »
    My mistake, I thought it was July 24th it ended but it seems is August. So yeah, I have no idea why comp players are being extra ****ty these days.

I think it's just because you win or loose by a big margin now, people are thinking oh we're behind so we're not winning now why bother trying. I've very few really close matches this season compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Season 5 has been the least enjoyable. I've talked to a few people that agree. Between lower than expected placements and seemingly harder loss streaks, it's bred more quitters and throwers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Doomfist is on console on the 27th July, so that will shake things up figuratively and literally

• Advertisement

Doomfist is on console on the 27th July, so that will shake things up figuratively and literally

We really need another healer next to add a bit more variety. Looking forward to doomfist though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

We really need another healer next to add a bit more variety. Looking forward to doomfist though.

We need a mercy type healer with a bit of fire power about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think it's just because you win or loose by a big margin now, people are thinking oh we're behind so we're not winning now why bother trying. I've very few really close matches this season compared to others.

I've never had more tied games, I think I'm on 35 Wins, 32 Losses and 9 Ties or something like that.

Still seeing loads of quitters anyways, think I had 6 yesterday in 10-12 games.

jonnycivic wrote: »

Yea something similar to a Mercy would be good. Maybe make him/her have a heal option and a reduce incoming damage option to allies or something? Maybe with no self heal but a much higher starting health point?

jonnycivic wrote: »

Bit samey that though. I was wondering how you could do it differently. Maybe have a healer that needs to stick an orb on the enemy team to drain health in order to boost their healing?

I've never had more tied games, I think I'm on 35 Wins, 32 Losses and 9 Ties or something like that.

Still seeing loads of quitters anyways, think I had 6 yesterday in 10-12 games.

Do you find your winning or losing by big margins?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What about a healer that punches their team mates to heal them. Call them Boonfist.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What about a healer that punches their team mates to heal them. Call them Boonfist.

What the game needs is another hero that can give your team a speed boost. At the minute Lucio is the only guy that can do that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What the game needs is another hero that can give your team a speed boost. At the minute Lucio is the only guy that can do that.

Maybe a hero that punches people on the ass to make them run faster. They could call them Zoomfist.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mickeroo wrote: »

Perhaps a hero with a bazooka that heals people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement