Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

VinLieger wrote: »
    Had my first POTG just there, it was as symetra so some might say not a difficult character to get it with and it mainly came about cus the other team were too stupid to focus down my turrets but still a great feeling nonetheless

I've gotten PotG a few times on http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Numbani with her. While defending the first point, there is a room with a large heal to the right of the point. Its a flanking route for the assaulting team. Its got two tight corners. Ideal for tons of turrets, a teleport and her short range weapon (which can usually win 1v1 if you start the fight in their face).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have had around 20 POTG with Bastion, you can easily rack up 20-30 player kill streaks on defense in choke points in Route 66 and Hollywood while in sentry mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hanzo PoTG's are the most rubbish thing in this game, so utterly rubbish :D

I dunno, I always get annoyed when a Thorbjorn gets it. Especially when it's nothing but turret kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can tell you one thing, I'm in nearly every POTG highlight getting ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Grayditch wrote: »
    I can tell you one thing, I'm in nearly every POTG highlight getting ruined.

Hahaha, same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Played a chunk of Tracer last night, did quite well (walking in behind a Reinhart shield hosing clusters of enemies then darting around to catch them from behind when they turn to face the threat). Kept making a balls of my Ult though, but I'll get better with that in time, she's a fun hero.

Also played a bit of Mei for the first time, she's very interesting to play as. I've been very frustrated against her freezy gun a few times, so I thought I should give as good as I got. Her alt fire on her gun is really fierce if you can catch people unaware.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Played a chunk of Tracer last night, did quite well (walking in behind a Reinhart shield hosing clusters of enemies then darting around to catch them from behind when they turn to face the threat). Kept making a balls of my Ult though, but I'll get better with that in time, she's a fun hero.

Best thing to do with her ult is to try stick it to someone rather than just drop it on the ground. Sticking it to Reinhardt is usually a winner. I still keep forgetting to save a blink and blowing myself up half the time though. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, there was one game where an enemy Roadhog and I just kept running into each other and we were about 50:50 on who came out on top. I managed to get the thing stuck to him a good few times and let him blap team mates when he retreated back for some healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Xenji wrote: »
    I have had around 20 POTG with Bastion, you can easily rack up 20-30 player kill streaks on defense in choke points in Route 66 and Hollywood while in sentry mode.

Are you playing on console or against AI ? Genji, Pharah and Snipers make short work of a bastion

Tracer too; blink in behind and it's less than one magazine into his weak spot.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Are you playing on console or against AI ? Genji, Pharah and Snipers make short work of a bastion

Humans on the PS4, if you have a good team and do not worry about having your back attacked you are usually fine, Bastion used right on certain levels can just rack up kill after kill if you place yourself properly, self healing is a big bonus as well.

Is it just me or do you always fight harder when you meet your enemy team counterpart? I've had a few great sky battles with another Pharah, although Mei vs Mei face offs are usually mutually assured frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I've been trying to get the D.Va trophy for getting 4 kills with 1 self destruct. But, as soon as the enemy team hears "nerf this", they just scatter. I get 3 if I'm lucky.

I hope they sort this.

http://youtu.be/j-wOh_fuTqI

Spent all night trying to catch the enemy team off guard with D.Va's ult. Then in a match, I panic ult'ed on a point and boom quad kill. :D

I'm really not all that into Cosplay, but sometimes someone really outdoes themselves.

Symmetra

Finally got my first POTG. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Symmetra's POTG are usually pretty funny.

There was one in my game yesterday. At one stage about 3 characters tried to flank and ran into a Death Room full of her turrets and were promptly all killed.....only to be res'd by their Mercy in the middle of the room...to be immediately killed again :P

Then there are the complete opposite ...boring ults. A rip tire from Junkrat, a McCree managing to get 3 or 4 ppl, a Hanzo Dragon, a D.VA bomb.

One of the best things in the game for me still is that map Illios I think...with the well in the middle.
    Just going Roadhog and pulling people from the other side and then letting them fall into the well :P
    (I sometimes shout Scorpion's GET OVER HERE ! when I land them )

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Symmetra's POTG are usually pretty funny.

There was one in my game yesterday. At one stage about 3 characters tried to flank and ran into a Death Room full of her turrets and were promptly all killed.....only to be res'd by their Mercy in the middle of the room...to be immediately killed again :P

Then there are the complete opposite ...boring ults. A rip tire from Junkrat, a McCree managing to get 3 or 4 ppl, a Hanzo Dragon, a D.VA bomb.

One of the best things in the game for me still is that map Illios I think...with the well in the middle.
    Just going Roadhog and pulling people from the other side and then letting them fall into the well :P
    (I sometimes shout Scorpion's GET OVER HERE ! when I land them )

Yeah, as a mostly D.Va player, whenever I get PotG, It's usually just me ejecting from the mech and running away. :p

They should probably reduce the value of ultimates in whatever algorithm is used to decide on POTG. On the one hand I can see why you wouldn't; blowing up 4 defenders with an ultimate is going to change the tide of the game. But on the other hand, it's boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So id tried zenyatta once before and i had given up on him as not for me, tried again last night after some urging from a friend and once he *clicks* for you..... you just melt people, he is so much fun to use, definitely swapping into my main spot for a while.

They should probably reduce the value of ultimates in whatever algorithm is used to decide on POTG. On the one hand I can see why you wouldn't; blowing up 4 defenders with an ultimate is going to change the tide of the game. But on the other hand, it's boring.

I'd love to see some of the healers get PotG, some of them do an amazing job at keeping the team alive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

SgtBob wrote: »
    I'd love to see some of the healers get PotG, some of them do an amazing job at keeping the team alive.
    Seen it once (in relation to healing) for Mercy and it was (you guessed it) due to using her Ultimate to ress multiple team members.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yup, I've seen a Mercy potg twice. Mostly tho it's just a Hanzo pressing q whilst facing a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've got more time playing Mercy than all other characters combined, usually it takes a 3+ res and a kill in quick succession to get Potg. It's normally not that hard to kill someone after using your ult though as the opposition are all focused on the golden glowing enemies rising from the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

ya i would just remove ultys from potg altogether. (even though i get a lot with junkrat!)

much prefer seeing someone get 3 good kills in a row with their regular abilities. or if they could add crucial last ditch payload defences to the algorithm. one guy on the final point as the seconds run out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Eurogamer have a good interview with Jeff Kaplan. He brings up plans for evolution of the Play of the Game:
    How about the Play of the Game? It sounds like you'll be tweaking that for some time to come. Is there anything new you can discuss there?

Jeff Kaplan: I can tell you about what changes we would like to make. The next step for us with Play of the Game - and this one's not on the immediate horizon, I'd say it's something we'd like to get to this summer - we would like to show play of the games in a more cinematic way. We feel like for your standard play of the game, like a Reaper getting a death blossom kill on four people, they look great and they're really fun to watch. But some of the other ones like the Torbjörn who's dead and his turret's killing people, or a Widowmaker getting a really impressive shot from across the map: those aren't showing great right now. They're actually really cool moments but we feel like there's a way to show them more cinematically.

We feel like if we can refine how we're showing play of the games, we'll actually open the door for us to do more things like our saviour play of the games, where you're about to be killed and somebody intervenes. It's actually really cool, but it doesn't show very well because the camera might not be tracking from the best angle. Right now it's all from first-person. So that's on our list right now, but I'd say that even though play of the games aren't perfect, and there's a lot of funny ones or accidental ones that happen, overall the feature has been great for the community discussion it's spurred. I would say that at least 70 per cent of the time, they are actually really cool moments that people feel pretty happy about.

The full interview is here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm liking this week's Brawl challenge. Random hero selection shakes things up a good but

Managed to go a full game yesterday without dying as Lucio. Nowhere near POTG material but I was proud of it :D

Mei is fantastic at holding an area in overtime contention while your team get back to the point, if you put yourself in a corner, icewall yourself in tight, followed by iceblock. It's only about 9 seconds, but it can make a difference.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Mei is fantastic at holding an area in overtime condition while your team get back to the point, if you put yourself in a corner, icewall yourself in tight, followed by iceblock. It's only about 9 seconds, but it can make a difference.

Some Mei players are starting to annoy me when you are teaming with them, yes the Icewall is very handy in certain situations, but some players just keep putting it up after every cooldown and right infront of you when you are in the middle of killing somebody.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement