Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

J. Marston wrote: »
    What type of healers do games like Dota and LoL have? I'm sure there's a few concepts they can steal and repurpose for a FPS shooter.

Dunno about LoL, but Dota doesn't have many healers, per se (or didn't when I stopped playing). There are a few support heroes with healing spells but overall, the main healing mechanics involve self healing from a variety of different roles.

Hanzo's ulti is similar to KotL's heal, albeit more effective and for offensive purposes. Lucio's heal is similar to Witch Doctor's heal but mana isn't involved.

The only healing mechanic I can think of that they could steal is Omniknight's, whereby it's on a cooldown, focuses a single target and damages enemies close by. Could be lethal if used on Winston or an aggressive Rein.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you find your winning or losing by big margins?

Yeah for the most part, a lot of total lockouts with short second rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

J. Marston wrote:
    Would be a cool legendary skin for her, Mei-dusa. Stone instead of ice.

Shut up and take my money

Just had one of the worst teams I've ever played with.

Reaper, Sombra, Rein, Hanzo, S76 so I took Mercy.

Built up an ult fairly quickly, telling the team my ult was up for about 40 seconds so they'd push, nothing. I get downed and everyone on my team then ults. Morons.

Switched to D.Va for the last minute, Bronze Elims and Gold Obj Time (4 seconds I think).

Start next round as Zen, end up with 4 Golds despite having zero protection. Spamming thanks when I get downed. Uuuuuugh. Just venting now.

*edit* Won the next one :) I love seeing Symmetra since I took up Winston, I hated her so much beforehand, had a Reaper totally carry the defense as 'FidgetSpinner_xx' dicked around as Widow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm pretty sure I just heard Tracer say wanker ha!

• Advertisement

"Thank you!" I think maybe?

Finally got my 20 player kill streak, with D.Va. 60% Wins with her this season, 56% with Winston. Still can't break the 2200 barrier, but I'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

She definitely says wanker.

Tosser, too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I just heard Tracer say wanker ha!

It's a rare voice-line when wearing her Punk skin. She has another funny rare line where she does a Reaper impression after killing him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Haha, that's awesome. Touches like that really make this game.

That is brilliant :D

Finally broke 2200, only to be sent packing.

• Advertisement

Horizon point B is a joke for Mercy's bullshít. She can stand right inside spawn and is about 5 feet away from the point. Bloody definition of a no-skill character. Stand inside spawn and press ult.

Hope she gets nerfed into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Horizon point B is a joke for Mercy's bullshít. She can stand right inside spawn and is about 5 feet away from the point. Bloody definition of a no-skill character. Stand inside spawn and press ult.

dont be silly they changed it so she has to go outside spawn for 0.01 of a second to press q, solves everything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Back to 2501. *wipes tear*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote:

Git gud or git rekt

Played a game where i had gold kills, gold damage, gold time on obj and gold obj kills, Had 82% kill participation and no card, once again mercy can **** off getting a card for 5k healing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Played a game where i had gold kills, gold damage, gold time on obj and gold obj kills, Had 82% kill participation and no card, once again mercy can **** off getting a card for 5k healing

Do people care about cards ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Do people care about cards ?

Not really but when you dominate that hard and that low healing takes it then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm back enjoying this game again while keeping solo queuing to an absolute minimum. Whether I'm playing with lads on here or the other lot, it's infinitely more enjoyable with full comms and tactics.

I'm experiencing such a thing as an "enjoyable loss" quite a bit too.

World Cup is live atm lads, I know it's a strange time for most of you though.

For fun I played some quickplay and ranked on NA last night.
    Was refreshing....but some idiots too. I guess they're everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Never got on the hype train where Doomfist was concerned and I'm still dissapointed.
    He looks like fun but nothing amazing.

• Advertisement

Never got on the hype train where Doomfist was concerned and I'm still dissapointed.
    He looks like fun but nothing amazing.

He still hasnt been worked out yet, and blizzard underpower new chars now and slowly boost them, they way opd anna and have been scared since

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

He still hasnt been worked out yet, and blizzard underpower new chars now and slowly boost them, they way opd anna and have been scared since
    I mean his abilities, I know there will more than likely be nerfs or buffs after the PTR but still.
    Maybe I'm being too mean, time will tell. If nothing else another reason to play Sombra.

Spain tilting so hard atm vrs Japan.

It's great.

Spain were expected to win comfortably, Japan are hyper aggressive and winning !
    You can see in between games when the camera goes onto the Spanish team...the guy's faces :P ...they don't look like friends at all.

Edit : These are worth watching, DEFINITELY watch the McCree on Dorado (4th game) ...Japan on attack.
    One of the best McCree plays you'll ever see. God-like aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,105 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was mercy the only one on your team to get a card?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Australian players are all getting shunted over to the US at the moment. Mucho dissatisfaction.... Really wanted to get some Overwatch in today and I'm being thwarted.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Spain tilting so hard atm vrs Japan.

It's great.

Spain were expected to win comfortably, Japan are hyper aggressive and winning !
    You can see in between games when the camera goes onto the Spanish team...the guy's faces :P ...they don't look like friends at all.

Edit : These are worth watching, DEFINITELY watch the McCree on Dorado (4th game) ...Japan on attack.
    One of the best McCree plays you'll ever see. God-like aim.

Ah i'm jealous, would love to be chilling out and watching the games. Stupid work and timezones etc.

Ah i'm jealous, would love to be chilling out and watching the games. Stupid work and timezones etc.

The replays will be up later.
    Honestly some of the best games I've seen :)

What are the comps like? I'm guessing it's dive vs dive 95% of the time.

mcree anna zen, for japan, their mcree is a pure dps player, flexes between all dps chars as needed, excellent with all bar genji i found, their anna has a homing missile for a sleep dart, won a lot of fights cos of him

• Advertisement

2-2-2

Winston+ Dva / Soldier - Genji/Tracer or whatever / Zen,Lucio Ana or Mercy

situational.

The 2 constants seem to be Dva and Winston as tanks though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement