Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

SeantheMan wrote: »
    2-2-2

Winston+ Dva / Soldier - Genji/Tracer or whatever / Zen,Lucio Ana or Mercy

situational.

The 2 constants seem to be Dva and Winston as tanks though.

DIve comp is awesome, but with Zarya ult locking down all movement things in the new buff I'd expect her to start to show up on certain maps again soon enough once its live

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Was playing on a 2nd account I had made recently over in the US.

As you can see I'm lvl 19...I just wanna play comp.
    In QP.....matchmaking puts this guy in our game....
    FYI...that's level 1753 !!! (he was a Master level I think)

H1nmDeW.jpg

Next game or 2 games later, THIS guy along with a few other high levels are in my game.
    WTF QP matchmaking !!

uyWx4KI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,105 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Was playing on a 2nd account I had made recently over in the US.

As you can see I'm lvl 19...I just wanna play comp.
    In QP.....matchmaking puts this guy in our game....
    FYI...that's level 1753 !!! (he was a Master level I think)

H1nmDeW.jpg

Next game or 2 games later, THIS guy along with a few other high levels are in my game.
    WTF QP matchmaking !!

uyWx4KI.jpg

At least they were on your team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Are they way and above the other people you play with on that account? Could just have a serious high QP MMR

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Given up on Sombra, win rate is 40%, I really enjoy playing her but finding it hard to get the value. When a team ults after I ult it always works with a team kill but there is so much throwing it's impossible. Was 2604 downt o nearly 2200.. back to 2300+ now.

Gone back to tanking, zarya at a 64% win rate, dva 59%, rarely play winston as I think he's boring.

When that zarya buff goes through I'm going to shred!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't remember the last good, close game I had. Every game is a stomp, win or loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm happy to have given up Solo. Might do the odd one, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. I've two great groups to choose from now on PS4 playing most nights and I'm actually enjoying the game again. Leaving anything up to randomers in this game is too frustrating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Played a few games of QP last night, it was a bit of craic. Used a few hero's i don't normally use, had a funny ult with Zarya. Could see McCree getting ready to use his ult so popped graviton on front of him to drag him out of his hiding place and just melted him as the voice line kicked in.... It's high................. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I played 6 competitive matches over the last 2 days. 2 on Sunday and 4 yesterday. The reason I mention that is I'm going to ask the question, is it a bad idea to play comp on the weekends?

I lost both matches on Sunday to the standard some person wouldn't change (a Symmetra this time) etc.

Then on Monday, played 4 matches, drew 1 and won the other 3 (finally in the 2700 club) and people overall just seemed more willing to change and I played with some really decent players and I had to change up my standard heroes (usually Winston, Rein or Zarya but played some Dva, Zen and Lucio in those matches) and everyone just worked better.

I've a friend who's excellent at the game, either in or just outside Grandmaster on two accounts and he made similar comments about playing competitive during the weekend too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think there's a certain element of luck of the draw. I tend to do better on weekends for the most part.

• Advertisement

I mostly only played competitve at weekends too and generally just found myself lingering with what feels like 1 win and then a loss, repeat.

Maybe If I've more time, I'll see if I can play weekdays more often and if there is a difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

tok9 wrote: »
    I played 6 competitive matches over the last 2 days. 2 on Sunday and 4 yesterday. The reason I mention that is I'm going to ask the question, is it a bad idea to play comp on the weekends?

I lost both matches on Sunday to the standard some person wouldn't change (a Symmetra this time) etc.

Then on Monday, played 4 matches, drew 1 and won the other 3 (finally in the 2700 club) and people overall just seemed more willing to change and I played with some really decent players and I had to change up my standard heroes (usually Winston, Rein or Zarya but played some Dva, Zen and Lucio in those matches) and everyone just worked better.

I've a friend who's excellent at the game, either in or just outside Grandmaster on two accounts and he made similar comments about playing competitive during the weekend too.

I done a solo queue in season 4 I think it was on a saturday morning to afternoon and it was fairly alright. Yesterday I had 2 comp matches solo, first game there were no tanks so I picked a tank, mercy didnt do any healing or damage boosting at all and they locked her in straight away. One guy was on coms and me and him were working together so we went 2-0 down and clawed it back to 2-2 but lost as one twat left our game.

The second game a few mins later I ended up with the same guy from the first one on coms, nobody picked a tank it was all hanzo/genji/widow etc so me and him asked if anyone could tank would they mind changing. 1 lad went to winston and I went with D'va. We went 2-0 up by taking the 2 points, then some guy on our team left when we went on defense. We managed to hold out for the win cos a lad picked orissa and kept me as mercy hidden behind shields all the time.

I think its luck of the draw when it comes to comp really but coms is essential to playing comp.

I mostly only played competitve at weekends too and generally just found myself lingering with what feels like 1 win and then a loss, repeat.

Maybe If I've more time, I'll see if I can play weekdays more often and if there is a difference.

Are you in the PSN chat for OW man?

More kids playing on weekends (and school holidays) I've had three people leave in the last month where I heard them been told to turn off the game/come for dinner/go to bed :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Are you in the PSN chat for OW man?

I'm playing on PC. Well I'm actually playing on a macbook so not exactly the nicest PC experience (Not even HD & 30fps) but I went with it as I'd a good few friends playing there and I'll be building a proper PC once I settle somewhere, so hopefully soon.

I've been very tempted to get on PS4 but I just keep thinking as is, I play a lot of OW and I've a huge backlog of games so I've stuck away from it. I'll let you know if I cave and that changes! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I just play comp the whole time unless I want to try out characters. It means the ranking gets slaughtered at times but the games are better so I don't mind.

I've been very tempted to get on PS4 but I just keep thinking as is, I play a lot of OW and I've a huge backlog of games so I've stuck away from it. I'll let you know if I cave and that changes! :pac:

Dooooo iiittttt!

Grayditch wrote: »
    Dooooo iiittttt!

Yeah or we could all go PC :pac:

I reckon I'd peak at about 1700 on PC... So... Nah.

I reckon I'd peak at about 1700 on PC... So... Nah.

But my KB and Mouse skills are on point yo :P

I might give it a bash on PC for the laugh and see how I go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'd love to try moving to PC and see where how my skills equate.

I get the impression i'd probably rank a fair bit lower, though i did used to be decent with kb+m.

I know at least one or two of you went console to PC, how'd your SR fare?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd love to try moving to PC and see where how my skills equate.

I get the impression i'd probably rank a fair bit lower, though i did used to be decent with kb+m.

I know at least one or two of you went console to PC, how'd your SR fare?

I never played ranked that much on console, think I peaked at around 2300. I was only level 48 on console, I'm level 151 or so on PC now.

Played a lot PC shooters in my teens/early twenties so I wasn't a complete novice with the controls. Placed silver last season but didn't get to play much, placed bronze this season but have dragged myself up to gold peaking at 2098 (2011 now). I reckon I will push on to plat eventually if I keep at it, currently have 60% winrate on my main (D:VA).

I think if you were a good player on console you'll be just as good on PC once you get used to the Kb/M. Game sense, hero pool etc are the important things imo and you already have the advantage of knowing that stuff.

Also, Overwatch has enough characters that don't require you to have the greatest aim, that transitioning over is fine.

I've played with a lot of people over the world so a lot of the time my ping can be way too high to play offense that often but it is something I'm working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think if you were a good player on console you'll be just as good on PC once you get used to the Kb/M. Game sense, hero pool etc are the important things imo and you already have the advantage of knowing that stuff.

I play on PC with a Controller.

I mean, it's definitely not for everyone and I'm sure I'll get a stern talking to from the purists, but with the Heroes I use it makes eff all difference tbh.
    Mostly focus on strategy and team play over getting individual twitch shot picks.

I play TBS and RTS on PC 99.99% of the time, not FPS's, and at this stage in my life, I am totally fine not being able to use WASD comprehensively.

FWIW: I don't use McCree, Genji, Widow, or Hanzo. I do use Zarya, Pharah, Mercy, Winston, Sym.
    Some hereos are designed for those of us with less than stellar mouse skills.
    I do need to finish grinding to level 25 on PC though so I can give Comp a bash.
    I'll probably get totally f**king rekt
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I play on PC with a Controller.

I mean, it's definitely not for everyone and I'm sure I'll get a stern talking to from the purists, but with the Heroes I use it makes eff all difference tbh.
    Mostly focus on strategy and team play over getting individual twitch shot picks.

I play TBS and RTS on PC 99.99% of the time, not FPS's, and at this stage in my life, I am totally fine not being able to use WASD comprehensively.

FWIW: I don't use McCree, Genji, Widow, or Hanzo. I do use Zarya, Pharah, Mercy, Winston, Sym.
    Some hereos are designed for those of us with less than stellar mouse skills.
    I do need to finish grinding to level 25 on PC though so I can give Comp a bash.
    I'll probably get totally f**king rekt
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would Pharah and Zarya not benefit more from the precision of the mouse?

I'd love to play Mei with a K/M.

Much easier to ruin Phara in the air.

I'd love to play Mei with a K/M.

Much easier to ruin Phara in the air.

Id really like to see Mei get a speed boost if you froze the ground in front of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hog changes incoming on PTR.

50% DMG reduction while using "Take A Breather" and no speed reduction during it either.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758316091#post-4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would Pharah and Zarya not benefit more from the precision of the mouse?

Maybe in a very minuscule way. But sure, what I'd gain in Aiming, I'd more than lose out with in manoeuvrability tbh. And if it wasn't that, I'd tend to Over aim. Have the sensitivity at like 100/80 anyway, so it's fairly snappy. But I'm not doing any whip-round 180 headshots. I'm not aiming to achieve anything other than play the game, have fun, and be competent. I guess I might change my tune after my 10 placement matches. Worst case, I still have my main account on PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can someone explain the aim technique options? Dual-zone, exponential ramp and linear ramp?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement