Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think some have something to do with the acceleration of the aim, smoothness etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can someone explain the aim technique options? Dual-zone, exponential ramp and linear ramp?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tried messing around with the settings she recommended in practice, linear with 0 aim smoothing. Feels very different, will give it a few games and see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hog changes incoming on PTR.

50% DMG reduction while using "Take A Breather" and no speed reduction during it either.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758316091#post-4

Blizzard... please don't. Not the Bastion change again. This just makes Roadhog players less skillful and doesn't fix him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Want to become an Overwatch pro? Looking more like a possibility with the plans announced surrounding the Overwatch League. A proper salary, health insurance (!), a retirement savings plan (!), and a minimum bonus structure in place.

In season 1, teams will have from August 1 to October 30 to sign players. From season 2 onwards, there will be an official pre-season player signing process. Each team has to have at least six players and no more than twelve, and there's no region locking stipulations in place. Blizzard is yet to announce how many teams will take part.

Sounds interesting

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tok9 wrote: »
    Blizzard... please don't. Not the Bastion change again. This just makes Roadhog players less skillful and doesn't fix him at all.

Roadhog doesn't have the same insane damage that bastion had and can't be hidden behind one or more shields so it shouldn't be the same situation.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Roadhog doesn't have the same insane damage that bastion had and can't be hidden behind one or more shields so it shouldn't be the same situation.

No but he'll probably add a lot more to the other team building their ults if his suitability is increased that much.

I do stand by the post I made, this won't fix him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Played a comp game last night with both Widow and Ana on our team from start to finish, most stressful overwatch experience to date! My score has gone from 2600 to about 2250. I leveled off with Mercy at about 2500 then switched to rein and although I don't think i'm that bad with Rein I do seem to lose more often than not and it feels like it's because we don't have a Mercy for the most part.

tok9 wrote: »
    No but he'll probably add a lot more to the other team building their ults if his suitability is increased that much.

I do stand by the post I made, this won't fix him.

If his damage is reduced by 50% then the Ult charge off it is also reduced by 50%, so in theory he should be less of an Ult charger. I agree though that it won't fix him. He's a character that was designed around the hook & one shot spike damage so things like this won't really fix him when the H&S is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Played a comp game last night with both Widow and Ana on our team from start to finish, most stressful overwatch experience to date! My score has gone from 2600 to about 2250. I leveled off with Mercy at about 2500 then switched to rein and although I don't think i'm that bad with Rein I do seem to lose more often than not and it feels like it's because we don't have a Mercy for the most part.

Rein meta is over he's become fairly useless, try switching it up to winston he's the current flavour of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Fayainz

Has anyone here tried the similar Guardians game? Overwatch "clone"?

...then switched to rein and although I don't think i'm that bad with Rein I do seem to lose more often than not and it feels like it's because we don't have a Mercy for the most part.

Rein is a lot more situational this season. I've had more success with him lately as opposed to earlier but due to the dive comp, he can be taken out pretty quickly if not healed well and once he's gone, your team will probably be rolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

papu wrote: »
    Rein meta is over he's become fairly useless, try switching it up to winston he's the current flavour of the season

not useless, just gotta pick the right map and points for him, hanemoura, eichenwald etc, small chokes, where he can be backed up not stand out and block anytrhing of old

i picked him just cause of all the shield guys i liked using him the most, id like to try dva, i love when someone picks her and im mercy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yup, Rhein is now situational, not a constant.

As a Pharah I love coming across enemy Rheins that have not realised this yet, just peppering them from the sky while they just take it with none of their teammates around.

I'm always pretty vocal with my mates around picking/not picking Rhein. If you don't have a static (?) healer like Ana or Zen and a Soldier or McCree type ranged player then you're probably better off not picking him.

Like sometimes we'd have Pharah, Reaper, D.Va, Mercy, Mei and Rhein compliments none of those players.
    If you're gonna play death-ball/triple-tank, you gotta commit >4/6ths of your comp to it (with the rest being flankers)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

As a Pharah I love coming across enemy Rheins that have not realised this yet, just peppering them from the sky while they just take it with none of their teammates around.

I'm always pretty vocal with my mates around picking/not picking Rhein. If you don't have a static (?) healer like Ana or Zen and a Soldier or McCree type ranged player then you're probably better off not picking him.

Like sometimes we'd have Pharah, Reaper, D.Va, Mercy, Mei and Rhein compliments none of those players.
    If you're gonna play death-ball/triple-tank, you gotta commit >4/6ths of your comp to it (with the rest being flankers)

Ah yeah we all know your fond of isolating and taking advantage :P Ah poor rein still has his uses and especially if you have someone good running him :)

so what level do you not pick rein?

so what level do you not pick rein?

The game has almost nothing to do with "Level" in Comp tbh, more to do with which Map, Attacking/Defending and what 5 other heroes are on your team.

Attack Rhein is the best Rhein now, swing that hammer and don't just stand around like aa lemon, at least thats been my feedback in the groups I've played with

Simple Rhein Check: "Are 2 or more heroes expecting to consistently stand behind my shield here?" If not, don't pick him

Buuuuuuut, you do see him less and less as you move Silver -> Gold and Gold -> Plat
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah yeah we all know your fond of isolating and taking advantage

"YOU GO WHERE I TELL YOU TO GO YOU GERMAN D!CK" :pac:

okay i see. this is devastating news :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The game has almost nothing to do with "Level" in Comp tbh, more to do with which Map, Attacking/Defending and what 5 other heroes are on your team.

Attack Rhein is the best Rhein now, swing that hammer and don't just stand around like aa lemon, at least thats been my feedback in the groups I've played with

Simple Rhein Check: "Are 2 or more heroes expecting to consistently stand behind my shield here?" If not, don't pick him

Buuuuuuut, you do see him less and less as you move Silver -> Gold and Gold -> Plat

"YOU GO WHERE I TELL YOU TO GO YOU GERMAN D!CK" :pac:

Your manhood is german? :eek: How does that work :pac:

• Advertisement

Not at all, just time to get used to another Tank.

D.Va & Winston combo is very "Meta" now, Zarya is better "supporting" Tank and Roadhog might be back in the mix in a big way shortly.
    If you liked Rhein, Orisa is a more useable version of that Archetype atm in Comp, she can do more at range and you can properly cover Torb turret/Bastion

Honestly, a Orisa-Shield covered Bastion causes my group a lot of issues constantly. We end up committing EVERYTHING to get him down, and then he get's ressed and I start tilting.... and.... just ugh...

#PharahProblems

Booping a static Rhein around the gaf is some of the most fun in the game imho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

My mission of being reaper since day 1 is coming in handy, join a game someone instas reaper, "hey dude mind if i can be reaper" que the person checking my reaper stats... "sure"

Loving it

My mission of being reaper since day 1 is coming in handy, join a game someone instas reaper, "hey dude mind if i can be reaper" que the person checking my reaper stats... "sure"

Loving it

have you pretty much always mained reaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Booping Rein away with Pharah is funny. You see him looking around thinking what the hell :D

I would have said Pharah, Reaper, Mercy, Dva and Mei would be quite good with Rein, especially holding a choke. Both Mei (wall) and Dva (defense matrix) can soak up damage and allow Rein to recharge his barrier. If Mei walls off an enemy as well it allows Rein to swing freely as well as the wall will block the enemy team shooting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I can't see roadhog coming back unless he gets his OHKO again, I don't think this buff will fix him, make him more of an ult charger IMO.

He might be able to grab an extra pick with the new longevity, but that won't fix him

Never get too fond of a single character in Overwatch. You're always one PTR update away from having your game ruined. See the ongoing hooha about Mercy one tricks and changing her so she's less useful.

Also, Roadhog ;_;

If they nerf Junkrat I'm gonna be inconsolable.

Never get too fond of a single character in Overwatch. You're always one PTR update away from having your game ruined. See the ongoing hooha about Mercy one tricks and changing her so she's less useful.

Also, Roadhog ;_;

Can't believe they are making changes to my mercy :'( I will retire if they ruin her.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Also, Roadhog ;_;

Nerf him? Haven't you heard? Junkrat's getting buffed!

On the official forums someone suggested...
    Junkrat:
    - Concussion Mine, damage reduced to 90
    - Junkrat Trap, increase damage to 110
    - Concussion mine, reduce cooldown to 4 seconds

Results
    - Trap+Mine = 200 damage
    - Grenade+Mine = 210 damage
    - Trap is way more deadly.
    - Can't spam 2 mines and kill 200HP. For balance reasons.
    - Grenade + Mine is a much more frequent and consistent combo
    - Junkrat's survivability and mobility goes way up because he can use a ConcMine every 4 seconds to engage/retreat.

Dev responded...
    This is pretty close to what we're trying with him, and what will likely be on the PTR when it comes back up. Currently on our internal builds Junkrat has 2 charges of his Concussion Mine. This allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff like launch yourself into a fight and still have a charge to escape with, or launch yourself up into a Pharah and still have a charge to try and kill her with. Previously this was possible before but you had to plant one on the ground and then wait for the cooldown to come back before doing this. That is still possible, which allows for a triple jump now if you want/need that, but now it is a lot more reliable to do with 2. It has been a ton of fun to play with so far.

We're also looking at making his ult a bit better. We're experimenting with a movement speed increase or a health increase on the tire. We wouldn't do both things but in either case it should be more reliable to use in more situations

I'm going to be getting all up in Pharah's face. For too long, she's been ruining my fun.

I speed boost to his ult would be fair. It makes so much noise and most people have the chance to get out of the way. If someone can't destroy it, the tank will take the hit.

Might be the weakest ult in the game.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

Happy words

Season 6 is Junkrat season :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement