Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

wtf am I watching

Korean voice

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dudeeile wrote: »
    Korean voice

Xylophone guy is OP

Xylophone guy is OP

Oh **** I wasn't listening just flipping back and forth waiting for the next round. It's kinda hard to follow to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Miro is still the sickest ****ing Winston on earth i see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Delete

• Advertisement

Miro is still the sickest ****ing Winston on earth i see

He was MVP in the World Cup Final 2016.
    But....didn't even get picked for the Korean squad this year.

What does make it more inpressive is that he's not just killing random chumps...but still beasting it against the best players in the world.

Are they the best players or are they the most marketable best players, I don't watch any competitive gameplay like that and my boy band comment earlier seems to have been justifiable.

They dressed them up in sailor clothes and had them sing, I wasn't listening but I had the stream on in the background and watched a few rounds but got bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

That was cringey stuff.

I'd say in the cringeometer it was 7 leave britney-alone's out of 10

dudeeile wrote: »
    Are they the best players or are they the most marketable best players, I don't watch any competitive gameplay like that and my boy band comment earlier seems to have been justifiable.

They dressed them up in sailor clothes and had them sing, I wasn't listening but I had the stream on in the background and watched a few rounds but got bored.

They're deffo the best players.
    (The Lunatic Hai team...4 of them played for Korea in the last World Cup and won...without losing a game I think...without putting it lightly...they DEMOLISHED every team in the World...including Russia who were meant to be unstoppable. I think their first game was against Australia...and they had 108 kills to 1 death or something completely stupid)

Not sure why they have them doin anything like that.

Tbh I've been watching Korean E-Sports for the past 5-6 years pretty much , from SC1, SC2 to LOL and now Overwatch.
    I've even attended SC2 and LOL events and they never did anything of the sort.

I'm not sure why or who this is being marketed at. Honestly I think Koreans will be going mental on their social network sites tomorrow about how embarassing and cringey it is. They are VERY vocal in their opinions when it comes to E-Sports....moreso than any other country,
    I guess it's why it's been the main country for E-Sports for the past decade.

Lads, can someone watch this and explain to me what this is or how he did it ?

Go to 34:25 , watch the Winston.

He uses his jetpack and jumps into the enemy....but within 2 seconds it looks like he backwards jetpacks out...but his ability is on cooldown.

Sorry : Link to Twitch VOD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162821713

There is a Lucio, but the bop would be huge if that's the case, maybe him jumping + boop is that far ?

• Advertisement

There doesn't seem to be any link in your post but I'm pretty sure I noticed the same happening. I forgot to check at the time but was there a pharah or lucio about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Lads, can someone watch this and explain to me what this is or how he did it ?

Go to 34:25 , watch the Winston.

He uses his jetpack and jumps into the enemy....but within 2 seconds it looks like he backwards jetpacks out...but his ability is on cooldown.

Sorry : Link to Twitch VOD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162821713

There is a Lucio, but the bop would be huge if that's the case, maybe him jumping + boop is that far ?
    That is way to short for a jump pack jump even at that angle; boop + normal backward jump is the most likely bet with the new boost to boop angle for Lucio.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lucio gets a stronger boop if he's amping it up, I haven't seen the video but a possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Most satisfying two minutes of play I've ever had in Overwatch. Was playing absolutely awful with Reaper and Soldier. DPS and didn't even have a medal for eliminations (I would've gladly changed but tanks and healers were locked down) and their Genji was taking the piss out of me for 4 rounds. Was being completely carried. Tilted and picked Junkrat...

Thank you to that German guy at the end!

"My genius in finally recognised!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What kind of idiot complain about a Junkrat on that map? At least he gave you a compliment afterwards instead of the usual silence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,103 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Grayditch wrote: »
    What kind of idiot complain about a Junkrat on that map? At least he gave you a compliment afterwards instead of the usual silence :)

Junkrat is a fecker on that point. Especially if he goes high and spams into the point. You'll be constantly taking damage from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Junkrat is a fecker on that point. Especially if he goes high and spams into the point. You'll be constantly taking damage from him.

Thats one of the best things to do at the start to get some picks. Leave a trap down for the inevitable enemy coming to get you.

One of the best carachters on that map, I think.

I think everyone who's played Winston on Nepal knows how that POTG goes!

The first ult was tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Wait. Lucios boop is stronger when he's amping it up?

Wait. Lucios boop is stronger when he's amping it up?

I have seen this mentioned, I'll google

• Advertisement

Well I found a video from last June 2016 that proves it false, but that was a long time ago.

Can anyone test? I feel I may be mistaken though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Thanks for checking all the same, I'll give it a test against the AI later or tomorrow.

First time I've ever seen console OW and heard European voices playing.

They seem pretty mellow and normal compared to what I'm used to. Reaper had a hard on for Mercy ! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Everytime i see console gameplay its like a totally different game to what i play on PC, gameplay is so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

SeantheMan wrote: »
    First time I've ever seen console OW and heard European voices playing.

It's rare that I hear anyone! I do not understand people playing comp without a mic.

Dcully wrote:
    Everytime i see console gameplay its like a totally different game to what i play on PC, gameplay is so slow.

It might as well be a different game.

I like watching pros play on twitch etc for tips, so few console streamers though and PC as you pointed out is so different the strats they use are not really viable in console.

Aside from a few sneaky torb turret spots it's no real benefit.

On that note anyone know any good console streamers?

I have a good PC tried overwatch on it, I just can't get used to keyboard at all, mouse is fine but why would anyone want to use a keyboard is beyond me.

Yes I'm sure it's just practice but at 33 years old I'm too stuck in my ways to learn now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jcd5971 wrote: »
    It might as well be a different game.

I like watching pros play on twitch etc for tips, so few console streamers though and PC as you pointed out is so different the strats they use are not really viable in console.

Aside from a few sneaky torb turret spots it's no real benefit.

I have a good PC tried overwatch on it, I just can't get used to keyboard at all, mouse is fine but why would anyone want to use a keyboard is beyond me.

Yes I'm sure it's just practice but at 33 years old I'm too stuck in my ways to learn now.

1: I heard of a guy called Duideeile, only problems is he doesnt really interact with with viewers. And there is this twat called jonnycivic, hes a twat, enough said :P

2: 33....... retire now, youll never learn KB and Mouse effectively :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Same boat here, hence using the Dualshock 4 wired on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

aaajrifting on Twitch is pretty good and is on regularly enough

afaik he only started streaming in the last month or two and has close to 5,000 followers already

• Advertisement

on Twitch is pretty good and is on regularly enough

afaik he only started streaming in the last month or two and has close to 5,000 followers already

As always totz your knowledge of obscure twitch streamers comes up trumps

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement