Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Yes I'm sure it's just practice but at 33 years old I'm too stuck in my ways to learn now.

It's just practice. Got a mate who switched from controller to k+m and it didn't take him long at all and he's a lefty. He's also like 40 something. Once you make the switch you'll never go back to a controller. All that swinging about when I watch console game play makes me cringe. Dunno how ppl put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Dunno how ppl put up with it.

You make do with what you have i guess!

If circumstances were different i'd love to have a PC for FPS games again, but i still love Overwatch on the console despite my squirrely aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

As always totz your knowledge of obscure twitch streamers comes up trumps

totz is faegwent

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope the Summer Games kicks off this week. Game needs an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dudeeile wrote: »
    totz is faegwent

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

J. Marston wrote: »

Could well be this week. A few weeks ago there was something found in crash logs on the PTR that suggested Doomfist would be arriving at the same time as the Summer Games event

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Summer games is down for next week i think i seen.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it just going to be the same stuff we got in the last summer games event I wonder?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it just going to be the same stuff we got in the last summer games event I wonder?

yes but a few heros will get a couple of skins etc, they were data mined a few weeks ago. I'll try find the article again :)

Hers a bit about the data mined stuff for summer games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz4UjDTb8J0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I feel a bit sorry for the Doomfist players in the pregame lobby area. We're all having a dance party and he's just standing around like the ultimate 3rd wheel.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How are folks finding doomfist? I tried him in QP yesterday and felt like I was just a free kill for the other team. Seems like he'll be a pretty high skill ceiling hero which will likely mean anyone who picks him in ranked will be flamed down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Hers a bit about the data mined stuff for summer games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz4UjDTb8J0

Beach volleyball Widowmaker skin, please.

Don't judge me.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How are folks finding doomfist? I tried him in QP yesterday and felt like I was just a free kill for the other team. Seems like he'll be a pretty high skill ceiling hero which will likely mean anyone who picks him in ranked will be flamed down the line.

I find him awkward and couldn't get his ranges right but I think he's gonna be interesting. I've played some guys who have put time into him and he's tricksy enough. The problem with qp is it's hard to judge when the rest of the team is the usual uncoordinated flock of cats.

Beach volleyball Widowmaker skin, please.

Don't judge me.

Tracers arse caused a ****storm. You ain't never getting beach volleyball.

I'm finding Doomfist really difficult to play as

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm finding Doomfist really difficult to play as

Extremely skilled char to use plus a massive hit box means no party

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

God damn EU servers went down just as VICTORY started to appear at the end of my last match. :(

gizmo wrote: »
    God damn EU servers went down just as VICTORY started to appear at the end of my last match. :(

It kicked us out of a comp match last night, then reloaded the same comp setup with a different map. No SR was lost or anything but we were wiping the floor with the other team.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    It kicked us out of a comp match last night, then reloaded the same comp setup with a different map. No SR was lost or anything but we were wiping the floor with the other team.
    Yea, pretty sure we won't be penalised for it since the downtime is on their end but it'd still be nice if we got the SR for our win.

Reloading the same comp on a different map is odd though, I would have assumed if anything it'd be the same map.

gizmo wrote: »
    Yea, pretty sure we won't be penalised for it since the downtime is on their end but it'd still be nice if we got the SR for our win.

Reloading the same comp on a different map is odd though, I would have assumed if anything it'd be the same map.

Yeah it was really odd because it was the exact same teams. Basically the message on the left of the screen was "Server shut down" or something to that effect.

Ugh, servers back and didn't get the SR. We must have missed it by less than a handful of seconds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

So hooked on this game, I have it bad

100SR give or take till I hit diamond which is my goal this season. It has taken longer than I hoped mostly because I've been playing other games.

Finding myself increasingly annoyed by people playing with their lower level mates either for funsies or trying to boost them. I appreciate it's just a game but your 2000sr friend who only plays the classic Genji and hasn't a clue what he's doing isn't helping my sense of calm. Once I hit diamond I'll be more forgiving :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

100SR give or take till I hit diamond which is my goal this season. It has taken longer than I hoped mostly because I've been playing other games.

Finding myself increasingly annoyed by people playing with their lower level mates either for funsies or trying to boost them. I appreciate it's just a game but your 2000sr friend who only plays the classic Genji and hasn't a clue what he's doing isn't helping my sense of calm. Once I hit diamond I'll be more forgiving :P

yes how dare people have fun and play with their mates, some peopl eh...:rolleyes:

yes how dare people have fun and play with their mates, some peopl eh...:rolleyes:

Like I said, once I get diamond I won't care as much because I'll have reached my 'goal' but other than that I stand by my comments. The skill difference of a barely into gold player to high plat is completely noticeable, the entire team suffers and will likely take a loss. Last night played against a 3 stack, 2 diamond and 1 barely into gold playing Winston who hadn't a clue and just died whenever he came into sight. Didn't get a single kill all game I think and the team didn't even capture a notch of point A.

If people want to play with mates they should hang out in QP or they should all be the same rank otherwise they're just f*cking up other peoples games.

Like I said, once I get diamond I won't care as much because I'll have reached my 'goal' but other than that I stand by my comments. The skill difference of a barely into gold player to high plat is completely noticeable, the entire team suffers and will likely take a loss. Last night played against a 3 stack, 2 diamond and 1 barely into gold playing Winston who hadn't a clue and just died whenever he came into sight. Didn't get a single kill all game I think and the team didn't even capture a notch of point A.

If people want to play with mates they should hang out in QP or they should all be the same rank otherwise they're just f*cking up other peoples games.

Really i play in a regular stack with the lads on here, i placed 1600 silver upto 2660 now.
    another guy placed 1400 bronze upto 2100 now.

we often had 2 high plats in our team.

we worked well as a team and all climbed fine. we got matched the other day into the reverse of your issue 2 low guys with a high diamond friend, and our soldier the guy who was silver at 1970-ish at the time scored nearly 70 elims, that was more than 4 diamonds on our team.

my point is being gold, silver plat dosent auto make you some potato farmer woith no thumbs.

and without being horrible if you play enough comp and your good enough you will climb it cant always be someone elses fault your stuck in high plat.

as for sticking to quick play if everyones not same level, thats the kind of toxic ****e thats ruining overwatch to be honest.

not having a go at you mind and even you admit your thinkinh out of frustration, but thats kind of a nonsense suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,103 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Really i play in a regular stack with the lads on here, i placed 1600 silver upto 2660 now.
    another guy placed 1400 bronze upto 2100 now.

we often had 2 high plats in our team.

we worked well as a team and all climbed fine. we got matched the other day into the reverse of your issue 2 low guys with a high diamond friend, and our soldier the guy who was silver at 1970-ish at the time scored nearly 70 elims, that was more than 4 diamonds on our team.

my point is being gold, silver plat dosent auto make you some potato farmer woith no thumbs.

and without being horrible if you play enough comp and your good enough you will climb it cant always be someone elses fault your stuck in high plat.

as for sticking to quick play if everyones not same level, thats the kind of toxic ****e thats ruining overwatch to be honest.

not having a go at you mind and even you admit your thinkinh out of frustration, but thats kind of a nonsense suggestion.

The difference is you lads have a party, are communicating and picking hero's who you are doing well with (or helping the team). You guys normally have 4-6 players in your stack don't you?

In the example given the low guy on the opposite team just picked Winston and repeatedly died. That's not helping the team and if you continuously die there's something seriously wrong.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The difference is you lads have a party, are communicating and picking hero's who you are doing well with (or helping the team). You guys normally have 4-6 players in your stack don't you?

In the example given the low guy on the opposite team just picked Winston and repeatedly died. That's not helping the team and if you continuously for there's something seriously wrong.

yep thats all true, But thats one match with a crap winston.

but if the gold winston is playing with you in ther first place he is most likely on comms with his mates who must be higher than canis's rank anyway to get him pulled in.

think about it if the two teams sr is closely matched at game start, which it usually is then by the very fact a gold is in there, you must have a high diamond in there in there to balance the average sr you know.

also its not as if its even high diamond if the guy is barely gold then his team mates have to be within a thousand sr anyway.

thats my point on it anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement