Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,103 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »
    yep thats all true, But thats one match with a crap winston.

but if the gold winston is playing with you in ther first place he is most likely on comms with his mates who must be higher than canis's rank anyway to get him pulled in.

think about it if the two teams sr is closely matched at game start, which it usually is then by the very fact a gold is in there, you must have a high diamond in there in there to balance the average sr you know.

also its not as if its even high diamond if the guy is barely gold then his team mates have to be within a thousand sr anyway.

thats my point on it anyway

It depends though because you can't really carry in Overwatch so if someone is constantly dieing they are feeding enemy Ult then the high guy to balance the low guy wont be able to do anything because it'll always be an unfair fight. A lot of the time it'll come down to which team has the 'better' low guy (we need to assume no troll pick/spawn Torn etc)

In your stack if someone dies you'll all back off a little to regroup because you know you can't win 5v6 (or very rarely).

I've seen in so many games where one guy who has to try to be a hero and 1v2 or 1v3 and just dies. He's costing you attack/defense time by being stupid and if you get stuck with someone like that your chances of winning go way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It depends though because you can't really carry in Overwatch so if someone is constantly dieing they are feeding enemy Ult then the high guy to balance the low guy wont be able to do anything because it'll always be an unfair fight. A lot of the time it'll come down to which team has the 'better' low guy (we need to assume no troll pick/spawn Torn etc)

In your stack if someone dies you'll all back off a little to regroup because you know you can't win 5v6 (or very rarely).

I've seen in so many games where one guy who has to try to be a hero and 1v2 or 1v3 and just dies. He's costing you attack/defense time by being stupid and if you get stuck with someone like that your chances of winning go way down.

this is all true, but it cant be every game you know, eventually you have to say this is where i'm at.

Blaming guys for playing with their friends as the reason your not diamond is just not true, and in the end probably not helping you out, as your convincing yourself your fine its them etc, a vicious circle to get into.

this is all true, but it cant be every game you know, eventually you have to say this is where i'm at.

Blaming guys for playing with their friends as the reason your not diamond is just not true, and in the end probably not helping you out, as your convincing yourself your fine its them etc, a vicious circle to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Well I notice the difference in play ability when I see someone with comp play history of seasons with silver and low gold coming into my matches and call me cynical but they're not there to just play with mates they're looking to get boosted. Same aul crap used to happen in CSGO. Fwiw I've pulled myself from silver to now about to hit diamond and I've only ever solo queued and I've enough hours in the game to know when it's me, the overall team, another player or simply a better opposition team that's the problem.

EDIT: Also of note is I don't actually sit and berate said players. I'm just passing comment here, within the game I'm sweet as pie.

Well I notice the difference in play ability when I see someone with comp play history of seasons with silver and low gold coming into my matches and call me cynical but they're not there to just play with mates they're looking to get boosted. Same aul crap used to happen in CSGO. Fwiw I've pulled myself from silver to now about to hit diamond and I've only ever solo queued and I've enough hours in the game to know when it's me, the overall team, another player or simply a better opposition team that's the problem.

like i said not having a go at you, just pointing out that its unlikely your getting so so so many boosted games youd need the worst rng ever lol.

also if they guys with hima re boosters, usually they are on smurf accounts and are often master gm etc on their main accounts, to be good enough to get paid to boost anyway. dunno bout you but id take a low gold in exchange for a master in a high palt-low diamond game.

also i seriuosly doubt theirs many shelling out big money to pay guys to boost.

its frustrating but all im saying is try not to tilt. over it. its easy to imagine alot of these issues, hell ive done the same and im not like you high plat pushing diamond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

my point is being gold, silver plat dosent auto make you some potato farmer woith no thumbs.

I dunno coz I've never played on PC, but apparently the skill difference between tiers is far far more noticeable on it than on console.. which does make sense.

like i said not having a go at you, just pointing out that its unlikely your getting so so so many boosted games youd need the worst rng ever lol.

also if they guys with hima re boosters, usually they are on smurf accounts and are often master gm etc on their main accounts, to be good enough to get paid to boost anyway. dunno bout you but id take a low gold in exchange for a master in a high palt-low diamond game.

also i seriuosly doubt theirs many shelling out big money to pay guys to boost.

its frustrating but all im saying is try not to tilt. over it. its easy to imagine alot of these issues, hell ive done the same and im not like you high plat pushing diamond.

Sorry just to clarify the terminology when I say boosting I mean playing with higher level mates rather than the paid kind which is a completely different issue and next level stupid on something like an FPS. I'm also not saying it's an endemic issue, just something I was noticing is all.
    I dunno coz I've never played on PC, but apparently the skill difference between tiers is far far more noticeable on it than on console.. which does make sense.

I feel I can spot the difference in comp and you can definitely see it in 1v1s. I can roflstomp someone with that much of an SR gap below me and likewise get crushed when I face players higher than me. I've played master level players in 1v1 and I may as well have not bothered, it's insane the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Competitive Lucioball and most importantly Junkrat is getting a new skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Lucioball again, ffs

I was hoping for something new. How cool would a Tracer or D.Va racing/platforming mode be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

*whispers* I wanted Lucioball back....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I actually think Lucioball was the worst limited time mode so far, it's just really bad discount Rocket League :p

Yeah, if you've ever played Rocketleague, the physics in this are atrocious. Understandably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Like I said, once I get diamond I won't care as much because I'll have reached my 'goal' but other than that I stand by my comments. The skill difference of a barely into gold player to high plat is completely noticeable, the entire team suffers and will likely take a loss. Last night played against a 3 stack, 2 diamond and 1 barely into gold playing Winston who hadn't a clue and just died whenever he came into sight. Didn't get a single kill all game I think and the team didn't even capture a notch of point A.

If people want to play with mates they should hang out in QP or they should all be the same rank otherwise they're just f*cking up other peoples games.

When you start thinking people shouldn't play with their mates that aren't as good as them , you're taking the game far too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I actually think Lucioball was the worst limited time mode so far, it's just really bad discount Rocket League :p

I haven't played it yet, but that's what it looks like to me.

Is there an OW Discord for the PC players here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I started after the Summer Games so I'm looking forward to trying Lucio Ball with a few mates. Also looking forward to getting some summer games skins as it makes me twitchy to see skins I can't get.

Had 5 games last night and no leavers, which is the first time in a long time. I tell ya, that first point on Hollywood is a pain when no one is on coms. Defense is pretty easy but you end up praying your team are looking at the set up and complementing the other picks.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I started after the Summer Games so I'm looking forward to trying Lucio Ball with a few mates. Also looking forward to getting some summer games skins as it makes me twitchy to see skins I can't get.

Had 5 games last night and no leavers, which is the first time in a long time. I tell ya, that first point on Hollywood is a pain when no one is on coms. Defense is pretty easy but you end up praying your team are looking at the set up and complementing the other picks.

Are the Summer Game skins the same as last year? I only started around this time last year.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are the Summer Game skins the same as last year? I only started around this time last year.

Going by the above vid the one from last year will be there along with a bunch of new stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All last years will open again to be able to get them again once the summer games event kicks off :)

Lucioball should be fun, I might actually start using lucio a bit cos I just cant get the hang of him at all.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    All last years will open again to be able to get them again once the summer games event kicks off :)

Lucioball should be fun, I might actually start using lucio a bit cos I just cant get the hang of him at all.

Turn on Wallride Backwards in the options.

You have a Nancon? If so leave the control setup as normal and map X to one of the rear buttons. It'll make moving around a lot easier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Turn on Wallride Backwards in the options.

You have a Nancon? If so leave the control setup as normal and map X to one of the rear buttons. It'll make moving around a lot easier.

Yeah I have the nacon, must start reusing it in OW because my brand new DS4 isnt reacting anywhere near as quick as it should with some button presses etc.

What does the wallride backwards option do? :P

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah I have the nacon, must start reusing it in OW because my brand new DS4 isnt reacting anywhere near as quick as it should with some button presses etc.

What does the wallride backwards option do? :P

You can be running backwards along the ground and if you jump onto the wall you'll keep moving backwards along the wall.

You can be running backwards along the ground and if you jump onto the wall you'll keep moving backwards along the wall.

Ah I see said the blind man :) I will look into that later on and see how I get on.

I do play a good bit or mystery heros to get used to the other chars I dont really use and get some loot boxes. Went into a few games yesterday, one game was on Lunar and I got Zen, I ended up on a 15 streak or close to it which I was happy about. I feel like overall my game is improving in mystery heros now :)

jonnycivic wrote:
    I do play a good bit or mystery heros to get used to the other chars I dont really use and get some loot boxes. Went into a few games yesterday, one game was on Lunar and I got Zen, I ended up on a 15 streak or close to it which I was happy about. I feel like overall my game is improving in mystery heros now

A couple of games in mystery heroes is a good warm up for comp I find.

fixxxer wrote: »
    A couple of games in mystery heroes is a good warm up for comp I find.

Yeah most my game time is now Mystery Heros if not comp. I find it just a little bit easier. Played as rein last night and had a blast, had my ult up for ages but because they were all trickling in to get smashed by my hammer I had no use for it haha

Lucio is my second most comfortable carachter, but as Emmet said, you the controlls have to be changed to get full use out of him.

I have jump on L2, Boop on L3 and Mele on X.

Infact I've moved jump to L2 with him, Winston, Reaper, Tracer, Genji and Soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

we often had 2 high plats in our team.

If you're counting me in that, I'm low-Plat tbh, just saying. Semantics I know

Also Lucioball was fine for like 3-5 games, after that it was boring

This cheered me up :)

88Ep5t9.jpg

This cheered me up :)

88Ep5t9.jpg

Then maybe this?:
    https://youtu.be/V6F_phzylVg

But also this :(

https://youtu.be/HjLMq0P8uyY

Seen that animated one before, f**king class :D

Link for the lazy

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    When you start thinking people shouldn't play with their mates that aren't as good as them , you're taking the game far too serious.

They can play quick play and arcade mode to their hearts content. Comp however is serious bidness yo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement