Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

They can play quick play and arcade mode to their hearts content. Comp however is serious bidness yo.

lucky then blizzard disagree with you and everyone will continue on with their friends and enjoy themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jcd5971 wrote: »
    lucky then blizzard disagree with you and everyone will continue on with their friends and enjoy themselves

I actually agree, your ranking is dependant on a lower skill player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Well if the lower skilled player enjoys dying constantly, being ineffective for his team mates and losing games who am I to stop their 'fun'.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Finally get a chance to get those Zarya skins.

Well if the lower skilled player enjoys dying constantly, being ineffective for his team mates and losing games who am I to stop their 'fun'.

This. I have friends of mine that have 12 game a season who are ranked higher than me, in the nicest way possible they aint better than me, this season i have 30 + hours on reaper alone, so they have 60 mins total together ranked, are higher, than me with over 50 hours of play. honestly how does an hourish of play rank higher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

You being salty about a friend with a higher rank than you is not the same thing as wanting to play games with friends who may not be as good as you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sight808 wrote: »
    Finally get a chance to get those Zarya skins.

I'm waiting patiently for halloween to get my Zenyatta skin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I has friends now? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm waiting patiently for halloween to get my Zenyatta skin.
    Halloween had by far the best set of skins of all the events imo; Mercy, Zenyatta, Roadhog, Junkrat and arguably Reinhardt, Symettra and Soldier 76 all being the best in class options.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Played a few mystery heros last night, died and came in as bastion on Lunar map. They took point A and we managed to hold off B, towards the end I was still bastion, got my ult so popped it. Blasted reaper and lucio and damaged a widow when I hear the terrifying "Its high noon", I turn around and hes just setting up to kill me only. I blasted him in the face, he had all the time in the world to murder me but it was so satisfying to shut him down :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Best thing in the last patch was the shut down voice lines for D.Va I dont know how many times I can tell mccree his clock is off :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

kayos wrote: »
    Best thing in the last patch was the shut down voice lines for D.Va I dont know how many times I can tell mccree his clock is off :)

Yeah I noticed it last night.

"Justice rains from above!!"
    "Good thing I brought an umbrella!"

IvoryTower wrote: »
    You being salty about a friend with a higher rank than you is not the same thing as wanting to play games with friends who may not be as good as you

Salty? I pointed out what I consider a flaw, people with a much smaller sample of games get a higher rank by actively playing less games, play less than 30 times a season and remain around the rank for next season, where is the salt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed it last night.

"Justice rains from above!!"
    "Good thing I brought an umbrella!"

Anything that stops the rain is welcome, including flying up to her and letting her taste her own ult.

Salty? I pointed out what I consider a flaw, people with a much smaller sample of games get a higher rank by actively playing less games, play less than 30 times a season and remain around the rank for next season, where is the salt?

Well thats not entirely true. In season 3 i placed at around 1400, within 12 games I got up to 2100.

Season 4 I placed around 1400 again and worked my way up to gold in more games this time.

Season 5 I placed around 1670 i think it was and am up to 2100 now.

People have mentioned the issue but my experience is that isnt really the case that you place at the same rank as previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

it sounds salty to me

and isnt related to the point in which you quoted from what i can see

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You can't even play Comp with a friend way ranked much lower than you.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

There has to be less than 1000 difference in the SR of those in your party isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Exactly. Teams MUST be within 1,000 SR of each other to comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This. I have friends of mine that have 12 game a season who are ranked higher than me, in the nicest way possible they aint better than me, this season i have 30 + hours on reaper alone, so they have 60 mins total together ranked, are higher, than me with over 50 hours of play. honestly how does an hourish of play rank higher

Your rank is primarily determined by your rank in the last season, so unless they're brand new to the game they're just better than you. If they played more their rank would be more accurate thanks to a larger sample size, but placements only have a small impact on your rank from season to season.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Your rank is primarily determined by your rank in the last season, so unless they're brand new to the game they're just better than you. If they played more their rank would be more accurate thanks to a larger sample size, but placements only have a small impact on your rank from season to season.

Actually season 2+3 I was plat, as were they, then they stopped but I enjoyed the game so solo queed my way down to low yellow hell, Been struggling to get out of it since.

Im not the worlds greatest player but I have 36 odd hours alone on reaper this season, combined they have about 4 hours total in this season.

I'd be confident in my ability to take them all one v one mechanically on any hero except hanzo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Was silver/gold last season..but barely played overwatch between season 2-4.
    Started again proper this season

Got placed low gold, barely. At 1 stage my points went down to under 2000 (I know I'm a lot better than this)
    I've climbed back to 2450...played a game...of course got 24 points for a win...so 2474 now...1 possible win from Plat...but more likely than not 2 wins...which more likely than not won't happen in a row :(

On a 2nd account I made this season..that I mainly play in the US on (as opposed to Korea)...I did my COMP matches and placements at level 25. Got put into plat, and getting 80+ SR sometimes for a win in Plat.

I know it sounds strange, but KR is definitely a higher skill cap in gold than what NA seems to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

SeantheMan wrote: »

On a 2nd account I made this season..that I mainly play in the US on (as opposed to Korea)...I did my COMP matches and placements at level 25. Got put into plat, and getting 80+ SR sometimes for a win in Plat.

I know it sounds strange, but KR is definitely a higher skill cap in gold than what NA seems to be.

That's super interesting.

I'd love to see Blizzard's internal secret MMR data comparing various regions - obviously they'd never show it but i'd say they've some fascinating info on the relative skill difference between EU/NA/Asia etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Actually season 2+3 I was plat, as were they, then they stopped but I enjoyed the game so solo queed my way down to low yellow hell, Been struggling to get out of it since.

You, like 95% of Overwatch players, feel they deserve a better rank than they have.
    Im not the worlds greatest player but I have 36 odd hours alone on reaper this season, combined they have about 4 hours total in this season.

So?
    I'd be confident in my ability to take them all one v one mechanically on any hero except hanzo

A - Your feelings on the matter aren't really important if it isn't actually demonstrated to be true (everyone overestimates their ability).
    B - Mechanical skill isn't everything. Maybe they're better team players, maybe they are more relaxed and communicative.

Ultimately I can't fathom why you think the difference in play time matters. 4 hours is plenty of time to get some games in and get a good idea of how well you play.

Solo queuing isn't as good as having a reliable team, no, but I got to Diamond on solo queue. I think I'm naturally Plat, I only managed to scrape into Diamond for a while. I can accept my rank, why can't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zillah wrote: »
    You, like 95% of Overwatch players, feel they deserve a better rank than they have.

So?

A - Your feelings on the matter aren't really important if it isn't actually demonstrated to be true (everyone overestimates their ability).
    B - Mechanical skill isn't everything. Maybe they're better team players, maybe they are more relaxed and communicative.

Ultimately I can't fathom why you think the difference in play time matters. 4 hours if plenty of time to get some games in and get a good idea of how well you play.

Solo queuing isn't as good as having a reliable team, no, but I got to Diamond on solo queue. I think I'm naturally Plat, I only managed to scrape into Diamond for a while. I can accept my rank, why can't you?

Because your SR is based heavily off your previous seasons if you only play your 10 placement games your going to see very little movement.

What the other poster is saying is there's guys in his friends list from Season 2 (where everyone was a bit higher than they should have been) who play placement games every season and stay where they are. They aren't playing enough games for the system to find their true skill level and rebalance them. If they played more games that may start to slide.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Because your SR is based heavily off your previous seasons if you only play your 20 placement games your going to see very little movement.

What the other poster is saying is there's guys in his friends list from Season 2 (where everyone was a bit higher than they should have been) who play placement games every season and stay where they are. They aren't playing enough games for the system to find their true skill level and rebalance them. If they played more games that may start to slide.

Or they may end up higher again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Or they may end up higher again.

They may but the changes in season 3 shifted everything about so unless they play more games their SR isn't really a true reflection.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They may but the changes in season 3 shifted everything about so unless they play more games their SR isn't really a true reflection.

Yes but what I meant was if they play more games they could end up higher or lower than what they are. So until they play more you wont really get an idea of their true level.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Germinman wrote: »
    Trolling in feedback is not allowed and will only receive a single warning before a ban. Multiple trolling posts may result in a straight ban without warning.

You're making a chicken out of a feather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You're making a chicken out of a feather.

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement