Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I saw today one putting it up in front of Pharah while she was using her ultimate. Would have been great if it hadn't been a team mate. People do misuse her a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

The map with the narrow streets (Numbani I think) had a Mei today and she was fantastic. Practically locked out the other team from A on her own. She can be great when used effectively. Lots of people just griefing their own team with her though.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Mei is fantastic at holding an area in overtime contention while your team get back to the point, if you put yourself in a corner, icewall yourself in tight, followed by iceblock. It's only about 9 seconds, but it can make a difference.

Winston is also great for this. Leap onto the point, use the shield and use your ult when you almost dead. You can survive for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Very comfortable with Symmetra, Phara, Bastion, Mei now, I'm giving Winston more of a go. He really is a beast for the Payload missions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I feel useful to my team * with Reinhart, Soldier, Tracer and Mercy and I'm getting to grips with Mei, Roadhog and Junkrat. Still really having fun with it which is great. I'm finding myself dipping in a couple of times an evening for 2 or 3 games at a time instead of sitting for a longer period like I did with the beta (it's not going anywhere anymore).

* I don't think I'd be deluded enough to say "good" :D

I feel I'm "console good".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I saw today one putting it up in front of Pharah while she was using her ultimate. Would have been great if it hadn't been a team mate. People do misuse her a lot.

Played a game attacking on Volskaya Industries last night, going for the first point and we were trying to flank around the left side of the building right at the point, whoever was playing mei constantly put walls up on the side we were trying to get through instead of doing something useful and trying to stop the other team coming around behind us from the right or blocking them off anywhere else at all.

Infuriating is the only word

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Does anyone know how it works if you're grouped with 4-5 others, are you most likely put against other teams ?

I have 3 seperate sets of friends who play, but sometimes they all ask me to play, so for convenience sake I make a group for all of us (usually me, my US friend and 4 koreans).....but the Koreans love to play the attacking characters....no matter what the map or gametype.
    So we often get beaten by lesser skilled players who have a better comp. But I'm assuming they are in groups...so have better communication
    I try to tell them to change and take a tank and stuff...but they won't have it.

Does it work like LOL etc, the more people grouped up, the more chance of being paired against another group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I feel I'm "console good".

This sounds like a really evasive thing one would say under scrutinising questioning on a tinder date :pac:

• Advertisement

Haha. Not to pander to the master race, but I've seen the speed they aim, in videos.

I saw some mention that Blizzard are considering cross platform play, but only for the poor consoles. None of them would ever play again if they had to face even potato level players with mice and keyboards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Links234 wrote: »

What am i looking at here? Did that get POTG because of the wall?

Or is your post just sarcastic? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

nix wrote: »
    What am i looking at here? Did that get POTG because of the wall?

Or is your post just sarcastic? :P

Sarcastic ;)

I was placing an Ice Wall with Mei there to block the opposing team flooding the area in overtime. Just as I was placing it, something pushed me back (maybe Pharah's pulse thing) and I placed the wall right in the allyway blocking my whole team for getting in in the crucial dying seconds. I was the only player from the losing side to appear at the end cards and got zero votes. And rightly so. Opps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Press E after placing a wall to destroy it, for anyone who doesn't know.

Double oops...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mercy is fun to play with.

You don't get kills but being a general pain in the ass for the other team by negating their damage output while boosting your own team's damage is fun.

One of my favourite POTG, I've seen on the net.

https://gfycat.com/ForkedBasicKingbird

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

If anybody on PS4 fancies teaming up for a few games this evening drop me a friend request or an invite - PSN maxiburke.

One of my favourite POTG, I've seen on the net.

https://gfycat.com/ForkedBasicKingbird

All those kills are counted as suicides in the top corner. I'd love to see the algorithm for how POTG is awarded.

All those kills are counted as suicides in the top corner. I'd love to see the algorithm for how POTG is awarded.

You're right. That kinda sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Finally got a Play of the Game as Tracer. And it was epic! :D

I'd love to get good with her, but I don't think I have the reflexes.

Here's a secret - with her dodge ability, you kinda don't need them :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'd love to get good with her, but I don't think I have the reflexes.

My son started to play this on my PC yesterday, he has a decent aim, no as good as his da :P but opretty good all the same was doing well but once he switched to tracer OMFG he was amazing , easily one of the best tracers ive seen, reflexes like a cat, 3 game in a row he got POTG and none were using the ultimate sticky bomb, he had the enemy team in a daze constantly.

Reflexes and decent aim and tracer is amazing.

I'm on console and haven't as quick an aim for headshots as I used to. This is the kind of game I'd consider getting on PC too. I'd get ruined for a long while, but still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Bit sick of playing pubs at the moment, if anyone or groups are looking for a player who largely plays support/tank heroes please add me!

PC : brassEye#2413

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Shiminay wrote: »
    Here's a secret - with her dodge ability, you kinda don't need them :D

Heh, I was going to say. Reflexes are always an advantage of course but getting comfortable with taking advantage of her skills is much more important, that and learning the maps.

I think the very thing I like about her is that you can be very aggressive in attack, but can bail if you screw up and then come back at them a couple of seconds later. Tracer often panics the opponent, which hands you the advantage even if your aim's not great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement