Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This evening will be fun. Week old Doomfist mains showing everyone what they can do in comp.

Me too if I can instalock him quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

2-2 on Ilios... close enough game, 20 minutes in... aaaaaaaaaand we have a leaver.

Worse still ..next game I;m with a french 4 stack... -________________-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm super interested in seeing what he's gonna be like in comp. He's definitely got to be useful on defence modes although he's a bit big so focused fighting might see him get blapped a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nothing like an evening of Mei trolls and lvl 30 no star doomfists to make you want to quit ranked forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »
    This evening will be fun. Week old Doomfist mains showing everyone what they can do in comp.

Me too if I can instalock him quick enough.

Don't say that....I need 1 more win (26 SR)...to get my account to plat.
    But they've been givin me between 24-26 SR lately...so I expect they will put me on 2499 if I win....then I'll head over to fail town for a ride on the losing streak train :(

Update : Went on, played 1 QP to get the fingers warmed up. Into a game, straight away...Doomfist on each team. Luckily ours changed, theirs didn't . We steamrolled em on Volskaya. But...I got 21 SR...to put me at 2495

Next game...stressed by these 5 SR...as we all know how bad losing streaks can go.
    Game starts, Hanzo is insta locked on attacking Route 66, but he's ok...we push to the end.
    Defending, he changes to Doomfist...I politely ask him to change to Hanzo...he does. We managed to hold at final point.

I finally get to plat with 23 SR, after what seems like weeks of ups and downs.

198 Played
    107-86 (5 Draws)

I hadn't played OW much before this season..in Comp anyways. I used to just play my placements and then go back to QP or other games.
    I got placed at 1816 at the start of Season 4.

I think I'll leave that account where it is for the mo and go to my other one in the US as it's less stressful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It's so satisfying to get a play of the game where you made a real difference.

https://youtu.be/YKQFEkE5Zpg

That's super interesting.

I'd love to see Blizzard's internal secret MMR data comparing various regions - obviously they'd never show it but i'd say they've some fascinating info on the relative skill difference between EU/NA/Asia etc.

If noone is watching, Korea is playing/just played in the World Cup and gave a masterclass.....basically gonna sweep this tournament.
    The level difference is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

SeantheMan wrote: »
    If noone is watching, Korea is playing/just played in the World Cup and gave a masterclass.....basically gonna sweep this tournament.
    The level difference is ridiculous.

Yeah, saw some of the game against Austria. They're not even another level up, they are multiple levels up. Seriously impressive stuff.

Yeah, saw some of the game against Austria. They're not even another level up, they are multiple levels up. Seriously impressive stuff.

It's not even fun to watch. I shouldn't be feeling sorry for the 'BEST PLAYERS' of another country, but honestly...the games are over so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It's not even fun to watch. I shouldn't be feeling sorry for the 'BEST PLAYERS' of another country, but honestly...the games are over so quickly.

Like, their management of Ult's and positioning is just :eek:.

Letting Austria push up to try reclaim the payload, destroying them and just pushing it further than they would have if they'd fought on it. Seriously top notch

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Most satisfying two minutes of play I've ever had in Overwatch. Was playing absolutely awful with Reaper and Soldier. DPS and didn't even have a medal for eliminations (I would've gladly changed but tanks and healers were locked down) and their Genji was taking the piss out of me for 4 rounds. Was being completely carried. Tilted and picked Junkrat...

Marston will be happy to see some of the most ridiculous and amazing Junkrat plays ever by Flow3r ! :D
    Game 4...watch and Enjoy Marston...you can now justify picking Junkrat 4 life !

Koreans ain't got nothing on my Junk skillz.

Aside from the stupid mismatched game......the studio is absolute SH1T compared to the arena/conference hall Australia put on.
    This is what....a small studio...you can hear the echo of someone coughing. It's pathetic on Blizzard's part....they want this to be a huge showcase.
    How can they go from Oz ...and the huge crowd chants.....to this ?!
    Also , well done Canada...stick it to Erdongan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm probably going to do my placements in Korea now just for the craic, see where in Bronze I end up :D

I'm probably going to do my placements in Korea now just for the craic, see where in Bronze I end up :D

Anything over 200 ping is unplayable.
    Try US...get high easy ! :D

So just now...showing the Singapore roster...they showed 1 guy...who has no name... N/A ...who isn't even from Singapore or on the Singapore team ?!

6HwNYlf.png

Is he the goalie?

10 minutes ago. Knocking PharMercy out of the sky...

Your move, Korea!

Why would you not be watching the OW World Cup...as a huge fan of the game ?

eSports does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Is he the goalie?

One of the funniest things I've seen in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why would you not be watching the OW World Cup...as a huge fan of the game ?

I can only watch for 10 minutes before get a headache tbh. It's too hectic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Was defending on route 66 at the last point, our symetra puts a portal down. I'm thinking, should have put a shield down cause we spawn beside the point anyway. Hop into it anyway. He had it at the very start of the level 😂 that's a first for me!

Got my first star. woo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I can only watch for 10 minutes before get a headache tbh. It's too hectic

Yep, doesn't work at all as a spectator sport imo.

froog wrote: »
    Yep, doesn't work at all as a spectator sport imo.

Do you play on console out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Where can I watch these matches

Twitch for live games, YouTube if you missed it

Lost a game on Anubis where we both captured 75.5% of point B.

Load of balls. If they don't show the percentage to 4 or 5 decimals places then it shouldn't be used to determine who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd imagine that's rare enough, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Took 4 days and a lot of solo grinding to try for a new career high up grouped with lads last night lost 100 Sr in 40 minutes. Lost two really close games but still feeling good as it was a good close games, queing for next game 3 odd mins of queing I hear the lads go aaah no **** off, still seeing us queing I go what then timer stops and go to main screen server error in corner of screen I had been booted without match even starting no rejoin option 50 Sr penalty and 10 min ban.

Actually still miffed about it all day, sad I know but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Do you play on console out of curiosity?

nope, pc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement