Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

froog wrote: »
    nope, pc.

Ah, I've only played on console. Was going to say maybe its the speed difference, its what gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ah, I've only played on console. Was going to say maybe its the speed difference, its what gets me.

It's not the speed on screen it's the way the game is shown. They jump between hero's to often and it can get a bit disorientating (or at least in my opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Whats the best way to deal with genji. I almost feel like running when I see him. With rein I just start swinging haymakers. With bastion I might as well walk off a cliff

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Whats the best way to deal with genji. I almost feel like running when I see him. With rein I just start swinging haymakers. With bastion I might as well walk off a cliff

Mei... Cyber ninja can't deflect freeze ray of death :D

Winston kicks his ass.

You've the right idea with Rein though, just swing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Depends what level you're playing at but with Bastion I've found it best to just fire a brief burst at Genji to let him know you're there, then instantly start healing as he'll probably trigger Deflect. Once you see that happen, just count the two second duration down and then rain hell on him for the eight second cooldown.

Alternatively, what DS said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Whenever I've played with Bastion in the past, I'd just heal incrementally while calling out for a helping hand basically.

Same with Rein, I suppose. You're not really going to be able to deal with a good Genji alone. You'll be lucky to get him down low and he'll dart off anyway, so. Staying alive is beating him in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm pretty sure I took up Mei just because of Genji.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Rein, mcree flshbang now since upgrade, reaper is ok against him if you pick shots and are accurate enough for when he hops all over the place thanks to his life steal, mei,, zarya, winston.

For me winston is best of the lot though vs him right now thanks to team comps, but if it gets back away from high mobility heros, rein would be best

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Took 4 days and a lot of solo grinding to try for a new career high up grouped with lads last night lost 100 Sr in 40 minutes. Lost two really close games but still feeling good as it was a good close games, queing for next game 3 odd mins of queing I hear the lads go aaah no **** off, still seeing us queing I go what then timer stops and go to main screen server error in corner of screen I had been booted without match even starting no rejoin option 50 Sr penalty and 10 min ban.

Actually still miffed about it all day, sad I know but there you go.

Known bug atm

• Advertisement

What is the prison forum.

This is the only forum on boards.ie that a banned account can post. The purpose is to give a banned account an opportunity to appeal a site ban.

Why are my posts not showing?

Your posts are pre-moderated, they will only show when approved by an Administrator.

Is boards.ie out to get you?

Yes.

Is boards.ie run by nerds, power crazed moderators, illiterate little nazis, people who need to get a life, [insert random put down here] ?

Yes and you were probably banned for thinking/saying that.

What are my chances of having the banned status changed

If the ban was a mistake there is a pretty good chance we will listen to your appeal.

If you are demanding about it, you will probably get our backs up and reduce the chances of removing the ban.

If you are humorous about it, you will improve your chances - slightly.

Like most things here at boards HQ - common sense and a little courtesy goes a long way.

Use of Profanity

Cuss words will get you removed from the prison forum.

Check back regularly

Thanks for the tips boss, what's your rank BTW? I'm at 2200

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bet he's a Hanzo main.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bet he's a Hanzo main.

No he was in Prison so must be a Doomfist main. Just broke out and came here to Overwatch. It all makes sense now!!

Bet he's a Hanzo main.

I love the fact that has become a thing XD

From 3290 to 3004 in 2 days.

Going back to boring Mercy easy-mode to get some SR back, or minimise losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I'm not doing well either. My Sombra experiment was a disaster, 31 games, lost a ton of sr. I'm only climbing with ana or zarya atm but im back in gold and its awful stuff, plat was crap too but the team comps in gold..jesus..back down to 2200..dear god

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So you're gonna rely on others to try get you up ?
    YOU need to be the guy to do the work man ! ;)
    Believe in yourself.

In other news, Korea again destroying everyone.
    Holland must have been a little confident after winning 4-0 yesterday, but they didn't even manage a point against Korea.
    Korea not even picking META picks ...no D.VA, no Winston etc (Rhein and Zarya )

Russia and Canada (both very good teams...Canada no.7 seed in the tournament, Russia no.10 seed) playing atm for 1st/2nd place in their group stage...as both won their previous 2 games.
    But 2nd place has to face Korea later to advance to Blizzcon...so lose and you're out basically.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So you're gonna rely on others to try get you up ?
    YOU need to be the guy to do the work man ! ;)
    Believe in yourself.

Pff, feck that. Time to get carried while smugly thinking I'm the one doing the carrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This Canadian...Mangachu's Pharah....best Pharah I've seen this tournament. Amazing !

Russia, 2016 World Cup finalists....gonna be against Korea and gonna be out already at the group stage.... :eek:

Mercy stuff ain't working, still plummeting! Down to 2881.

So bad that someone immediately thought I was throwing when they looked at my profile at the beginning of a game. He said something like "I think this guy is throwing. He was 3467 and now he's 2920."

Feels bad, man.

• Advertisement

Mercy stuff ain't working, still plummeting! Down to 2881.

So bad that someone immediately thought I was throwing when they looked at my profile at the beginning of a game. He said something like "I think this guy is throwing. He was 3467 and now he's 2920."

Feels bad, man.

Id honestly stop playing, this point in the season people don't care enough to try. I've decided to only play first month of competitive from now on when people actually try

Yeah, I'm gonna after completing the lootbox arcade stuff for this Summer event. 2855 now.

It's PharMercy that's killing me, every single time. My Soldier/McCree isn't good enough to take them out. Tried Zen to constantly discord one of them but no-one else or me can take them out. I'm shít with Pharah so can't fight fire with fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Lost a serious amount of SR last night. Was pretty drunk though so can't blame any external factors, but people casually trying out Doomfist in every game can't be helping.

But yeah, drunken late-night weekend solo marathons are a bad idea. I should have learned that lesson by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Lost a serious amount of SR last night. Was pretty drunk though so can't blame any external factors, but people casually trying out Doomfist in every game can't be helping.

I won back 46 last night so that makes up for the disconnect other day.

Doomfist's OHK is far more annoying than Roadhog's ever was.

Doomfist's OHK is far more annoying than Roadhog's ever was.

I don't think it is. How could do his from a **** away and be nice and safe and you were the only one in danger. Doomfists is a here I am in the middle of your team way and is easier to punish

Not necessarily. Doomfist can charge in, possibly get a kill and then use his other abilities to escape. Uppercut, turn and slam back to his team.

He's kinda similar to peak Roadhog.

Not necessarily. Doomfist can charge in, possibly get a kill and then use his other abilities to escape. Uppercut, turn and slam back to his team.

He's kinda similar to peak Roadhog.

The thing is though he has to do it in your face, Mcree flashbang stops him, **** knows roadhogg was safe from that, reaper plays a matador game, tracer can be hard to hit. His hitbox means a hanzo can wreck him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I find it annoying but then again its down to not having quite the same instinctive reactions to its sound yet. Like when you hear other moves you r almost moving before you realise you've reacted.

On a side note, managing to kill 90% of the enemy team through a Zenyatta ultimate is very satisfying:

https://youtu.be/KJRkraaXWhE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Nothing beats consigning Pharah to a jetpack failure kill.

SameMassiveBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

Hoo boy, is there a way of improving Sharefactory gif quality?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement