Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just played a game of Capture the Flag in which the opposing team had 2 Symmetras. Both players in the same group. wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Use imgur instead? Most gifs I see are imgur.

Been using Zen mostly for the past two days, somewhat addressed the slump and got back to 3025. Although you're one good Tracer away from having to immediately change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Use imgur instead? Most gifs I see are imgur.

Nah, most of Reddit seems to use gfycat, I think the issue is with the PS4 capture/Sharefactory gif making thing. Can't see any option to improve quality anywhere though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Nah, most of Reddit seems to use gfycat, I think the issue is with the PS4 capture/Sharefactory gif making thing. Can't see any option to improve quality anywhere though...

PS4 capture is at 30fps but the game runs at 60, may be why it normally looks crap imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just played a game of Capture the Flag in which the opposing team had 2 Symmetras. Both players in the same group. wtf

Saw a thing about that recently, apparently it's a bug where 2 players can suicide off a ledge, respawn, reselect characters at the exact same time and choose the same character.

The thoughts of two Symms on CTF though... as if that mode was any fun to begin with.

• Advertisement

Wish they'd add "Need tank" on the communication wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I would like a class selection thing before a game, so you don't up as a solo tank with 5 other dps mains.

I know that's slightly counter progressive to the idea of swapping but it would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

if 5 of the team are dps, or 4 with say junkrat etc which would be quite common, i find its best to pick symetra and you can at least use a portal to get them back to the action asap. You really can't take it seriously when you end up with a team like that though you'd only lose you mind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

A generic "Need help over here" would probably even suffice. Nothing more frustrating than playing as Support in a comp with no voice comms and poor positioning and then getting jumped on by Winston or Doomfist with no way to call for aid. :(

The class-based queue system is interesting though, I believe LoL does this now where you pick your Primary and Secondary class type before you queue for a match and you're matched up with others accordingly. I can't imagine it's not something Blizzard have considered at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gizmo wrote: »
    A generic "Need help over here" would probably even suffice.

"Hello"
    "Hello"
    *Dies*
    "Thank You"
    "Thank You"

• Advertisement

Can't decide if I like or dislike Mercy's event skin...

http://i.imgur.com/G7xrNpc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Reaper needs a new one, sombra definitely needs one

I like the concept, not the execution though.

Will need to get a full look however, before I make my mind up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Been using Zen mostly for the past two days, somewhat addressed the slump and got back to 3025. Although you're one good Tracer away from having to immediately change.

I've been playing him a lot lately and I find that it's not just tracer that gives him problems. Sombra does too for similar reasons. Doomfist is a pain in the arse too and zen can't really handle his combo. Ana can sedate him at least but poor zen can only discord and hope those head shots land. Doomfist's inevitable nerf can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've been playing him a lot lately and I find that it's not just tracer that gives him problems. Sombra does too for similar reasons. Doomfist is a pain in the arse too and zen can't really handle his combo. Ana can sedate him at least but poor zen can only discord and hope those head shots land. Doomfist's inevitable nerf can't come soon enough.

If he's nerfed it wont be for a while yet. He's the NEXT BIG THING and is creating a buzz around the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

fixxxer wrote: »
    If he's nerfed it wont be for a while yet. He's the NEXT BIG THING and is creating a buzz around the game.

rocket punch charges too fast, has too much aim assist(hardly have to point in a general direction), does way too much damage, and has a very quick cooldown.

honestly i was mccree earlier i flashed and killed tracer, doomfist charges me i combat roll away take half damage give or take pick manage to get health pack first which was beside us( this is where i ambushed tracer to start the fight), i get him to say a third health, he rocket punches me again dead... he manages to get 2 rocket punches off before my cooldown is up even though i used mine a few seconds before he even engaged me. honestly its frustrating as all hell.

rocket punch needs a re-adjustment the rest of his kit is fine.

funny one though to really show the hypocricy of it, their roadhog hooks our doomfist, doomfist one hit kills roadhog, because roadhogs hooke combo has been nerfed as one hit kill abilities are unfair and cheap........ great job guys really.

Update is LIVE

The Overwatch Summer Games have begun: http://blizz.ly/OWSG2017 Hit the pitch and go for the gold...or just relax and have some fun! ��⚽�� pbs.twimg.com/media/DGqskFNVoAUQrCh.jpg

That's the "awesome" Junkrat skin? A cricket kit? Bleh.

Edit: Bikini Widow? We're all Widow mains now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That's the "awesome" Junkrat skin? A cricket kit? Bleh.

He shoots cricket balls though!

Also really like how you can buy all of last year's summer games gear now, for normal prices too.

He shoots cricket balls though!

Also really like how you can buy all of last year's summer games gear now, for normal prices too.

I have 18000 in Overwatch dollars so I'll definitely get a few.

• Advertisement

What's the "20,000 players ahead of you" stuff about on PS4? Never had that before.

What's the "20,000 players ahead of you" stuff about on PS4? Never had that before.

I've had it a few times just after a big update. Everyone tries to log on together, servers seem to stagger it so they don't collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I was in queue of 5k, it counted down and failed a few times. Now I'm in queue of 30k..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Looked at every skin and went meh on all of 'em; sad days :(

Does not help multiple are in orange/red which only helps make you stick out even more...

I'm a big fan of S76's :D

The rest I could give or take. When does the event end? Won't get a chance to play until the 17th, I'll probably miss it until next year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm a big fan of S76's :D

The rest I could give or take. When does the event end? Won't get a chance to play until the 17th, I'll probably miss it until next year
    28th with one free chest for logging in and another chest for winning one game of Lucio ball.

"200 players ahead of you."

"Connecting to server failed."

"300,000 players ahead of you."

I doubt PS4 even has 300,000 players, for feck sake!

My "Failure to connect" is happening quicker at least.

I'm in but can't play. Says "You are not in a group" and kicks you out for every mode.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote:
    I'm in but can't play. Says "You are not in a group" and kicks you out for every mode.

Blizzard are investigating. Think I'm out for the evening, will try again tomorrow's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement