Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Game 1 of Lucioball I was told I was sh*t despite scoring a goal and us winning. Apparently people can even rage when all you're doing is randomly knocking a ball about. Anyway as a means of getting lootboxes I've got better things to be doing. Total waste of time really and not particularly fun after a couple of games once the novelty of typing 'did you see that ludicrous display' wears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Nah, own that $hit. It's 2017. "Oh you play computer games?", "Yeah of course"

I get some "I never played them, I don't really understand them" occasionally in work.
    I'm just like "Love em, great craic, absolutely top notch laughs"... people kind of react like "huh, well ok then I guess :)" instead of pushing the matter.

Now if someone comes up to you pointing out how off-Meta he is, well then you're gonna have to have something ready :P

I've got a few OW t-shirts, even got one of the track jackets. Huge fan of OW and games and even though my girlfriend rolls her eyes patiently i'm happy to flaunt it.

Had one or two randomers strike up conversations when they see the merch, always good to meet more nerds.

RedBubble has some decent stuff if anyone is interested!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had a few different people approach me at a beer festival in America and shake my hand because I was wearing a Dark Souls t-shirt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I also have a DS shirt but it's almost too subtle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lucio ball is serious craic, me Capt and Deadly went on a serious run of wins last night, steamrolling our opponents and scoring from all over the pitch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've had randomers praise the sun with me in Dark Souls shirts, that's about it.

I wouldn't mind a bit of Overwatch stuff to be honest, might treat myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jonnycivic wrote:
    Lucio ball is serious craic, me Capt and Deadly went on a serious run of wins last night, steamrolling our opponents and scoring from all over the pitch

Oh good I thought I was the only one enjoying it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Played one game of Lucioball yesterday evening to try for the loot box (lost), bored to tits off me so badly I turned the PS4 off after the final whistle.

Why can't they just make the Lucios faster. It's so sluggish. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Played 2 games. Lost first 4-2, won the second by a large margin. Loot box got.

Played 1 game of the 3v3 elimination. Won. loot box got.

Played Mayhem. Oh boy what a fcuking laugh. Ults every other minute. If you think Doomfist is a pain in normal game modes, he's an absolute bollix in mayhem. On Watchpoint Gibraltar and took us maybe 10 mins to get the payload to the first CP. D.Va on both teams just spamming her Ult. Once we got past the door we moved the payload to almost end point, and then got held up again for another 5 mins. Fcuk Mei. Got it in the end. Spend rest of the night in mayhem having a laugh launching Ults left right and centre.

Also got my first star. Yay me.

• Advertisement

I love Total Mayhem (since I play as Zarya) but by christ the games do have a tendancy to go on and on and on :pac:

Also, I straight up don't understand people that play Total Mayhem and then don't use a hero who benefits greatly from fast ability cooldowns.
    (i.e Pharah or Zenyatta)

I love Total Mayhem (since I play as Zarya) but by christ the games do have a tendancy to go on and on and on :pac:

Also, I straight up don't understand people that play Total Mayhem and then don't use a hero who benefits greatly from fast ability cooldowns.
    (i.e Pharah or Zenyatta)

Zarya belongs alongside Doomfist as a Mayhem Bollix. If you know how to play her properly, as you do, she should never be not in the high 70's and up for power. Constantly bubbling yourself and others. She's a nightmare if played correctly. I can't play her correctly.

Found Reinhardt brilliant. Constant flame strikes and shields and charge. I might have been lucky though as I had an Anna with me constantly, healing and nano boosting. Think I went 25/26-0 before first death. As Mel Gibson told Juaquin Phoenix in Signs, "Swing away Merrill. Merrill... swing away."

Yeah, tbh it feels troll worthy playing her, I love it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fixxxer wrote: »
    Oh good I thought I was the only one enjoying it :D

I thought I would hate it but no I just want to play more and more, I might even do the comp version of it :D
    Played one game of Lucioball yesterday evening to try for the loot box (lost), bored to tits off me so badly I turned the PS4 off after the final whistle.

Ill drag you to a loot box later on so :P
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Why can't they just make the Lucios faster. It's so sluggish. Ah well.

Ah no hes all good with his movement but maybe add one more player on each side so your not flying the length of the pitch :D

Been looking at t-shirts since that Junkrat one was posted early. Anyone know when the Blizzard Gear Store is back? Seems to be down for ages now.

Been looking at t-shirts since that Junkrat one was posted early. Anyone know when the Blizzard Gear Store is back? Seems to be down for ages now.

I have it DDOS'd till i buy them all :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I have it DDOS'd till i buy them all :P

But sure you only need the Mercy one ;)

But sure you only need the Mercy one ;)

Hey, I do more than mercy now..... I do a decent reaper too :P but thats it haha

Oh and I seen ya in mystery heros last night, I was staying in a team with some bluey so didnt setup a party haha

Have a look at J!nx. They have gear for every Blizzard franchise, including Overwatch. Think they are their official gear partners. I've gotten some Diablo and WoW gear off them. Cannot complain about the quality one bit. Tee's are very comfy. I'd order multiple items though to make the cost of shipping and possible import fees worth your while though.

Have a look at J!nx. They have gear for every Blizzard franchise, including Overwatch. Think they are their official gear partners. I've gotten some Diablo and WoW gear off them. Cannot complain about the quality one bit. Tee's are very comfy. I'd order multiple items though to make the cost of shipping and possible import fees worth your while though.

Cheers, I'll give them a look so.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Hey, I do more than mercy now..... I do a decent reaper too :P but thats it haha

Oh and I seen ya in mystery heros last night, I was staying in a team with some bluey so didnt setup a party haha

Yeah I saw :D No mic as it was just and R&R session. Good Mystery Heroes session apart from that Hanamura steamroll on Defense :-/

• Advertisement

Cheers, I'll give them a look so.

Yeah I saw :D No mic as it was just and R&R session. Good Mystery Heroes session apart from that Hanamura steamroll on Defense :-/

Ah yeah, i normally dont mic up on mystery heros but the PS camera was attached and I ended up chatting with your man. we had a few that we were steam rolled on which was bad.

This game seems to have evolved. I can pick Hanzo or Widow or Torb or Symm without people losing their **** and throwing the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This game seems to have evolved. I can pick Hanzo or Widow or Torb or Symm without people losing their **** and throwing the game.

You sure you don't have chat muted?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You sure you don't have chat muted?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Free-for-all deathmatch. Blizz knows exactly what we don't want, and delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Made it to Diamond Lucioball for a sweet 750 comp points, don't know if it's worth playing any more of to try and get to Master. Having played allot of Rocket league helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bring on Deathmatch, been saying since the start there should be a mode like that. I'll never play it myself but it'll hopefully get rid of people who play the game for kills rather than playing the objective.

https://youtu.be/56679ychSFM

PTR update. No looking forward to having to fight people to get my precious Junkrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I really think they need to up the tyres health. 100 is just too low

• Advertisement

When your main gets a buff they probably didn't need... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement