Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I really think they need to up the tyres health. 100 is just too low

It's stupidly powerful though. The idea isn't to drive it up the road to meet the enemy team but to drop it on them by surprise. I killed 5/6 of the enemy team through a Zen ult with it by dropping it on their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »
    It's stupidly powerful though. The idea isn't to drive it up the road to meet the enemy team but to drop it on them by surprise. I killed 5/6 of the enemy team through a Zen ult with it by dropping it on their heads.

Oh I know the point I just find a good DPS chat or hog etc that has their sound on can usually track it and kill it. I like the ult it just needs more health

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Junkrat gets huge buff, talks about further buffs already.
    Not every Ult is meant to be a guaranteed quad-kill all the time.
    Some ults are intentionally sh!ttier to balance the character overall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Junkrat gets huge buff, talks about further buffs already.
    Not every Ult is meant to be a guaranteed quad-kill all the time.
    Some ults are intentionally sh!ttier to balance the character overall

I've been saying his tyre needs health for ages. Maybe the speed will help but I'm doubtful . It's not supposed to be a quad kill but it's supposed to be a kill and you rarely see junk ults doing work. His mine does more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Huge DPS character now gets 2x 150 damage Mines (which double as evasive launchers), and a trap which also does damage, and a Huge damage AoE ult that goes faster or has more health? Nah. I'm not buying it personally.

Have you played him extensively before launching into how he needs further buffs?
    Seems like you're being extremely bias towards buffing him

Lots of players have "bad/worse" ults based on the fact they have overall useful kit.
    When was the last time you saw Hanzos consistently get more kills with their ults match on match? (or Winstons or Tracers?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've scared away Riptires by Ulting as Zen, knowing well it would be useless if he called my bluff :D Great feeling

I've been saying his tyre needs health for ages. Maybe the speed will help but I'm doubtful . It's not supposed to be a quad kill but it's supposed to be a kill and you rarely see junk ults doing work. His mine does more

Ill be amazed if double mines at full power makes it through the PTR, but I really hope it does :D Really curious to see how these Roadhog buffs work too. He's obviously not going to be a flanker any more but maybe he can finally work as the damage sponge that drags targets in that they want him to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Ill be amazed if double mines at full power makes it through the PTR, but I really hope it does :D Really curious to see how these Roadhog buffs work too. He's obviously not going to be a flanker any more but maybe he can finally work as the damage sponge that drags targets in that they want him to be.

Hook should reset all cool down abilities or something like that. would make him more of a threat to heros who can get away very quickly after a hook, they'd be forced to dual it out with roadhog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ugh, I was hoping they'd do something about Junkrat's reload speed if they were going to buff his other abilities. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Junkrat's buffs seem bizarre to me. Who was asking for them?

I've a fair bit played as him and never once thought to myself 'jeez, this hero needs to deal more damage'.

I've often said that removing self-damage from his nades probably made him a bit unbalanced, but those new PTR changes take the biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I've often said that removing self-damage from his nades probably made him a bit unbalanced, but those new PTR changes take the biscuit.

I've a fair bit played as him and never once thought to myself 'jeez, this hero needs to deal more damage'.

Exactly so he's been buffed to take no damage from his bombs, get too bombs have his trap do more damage and get his ult adjusted nuts.

Like I'm climbing with McCree lately and his ult is still hard to kill with unless your lucky( if his ult is Oning why can't junks be as well), combat roll is a big pile of ****e with a long cooldown, flash bangs are great but very short, for instance when Mei freezes you, your stunned noticibly longer.

Why all the junk love I don't get it.

Yes I know moaning about buffs to one characters whole kit while demanding buffs to another characters kits is a bit hypocritical, but sue me I've had a bad week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The buffs in this PTR all sound pretty promising I think. Besides Junkrat and Roadhog, the tweaks to Orissa and Widowmaker seem like they'll be really positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

The buffs in this PTR all sound pretty promising I think. Besides Junkrat and Roadhog, the tweaks to Orissa and Widowmaker seem like they'll be really positive.

Yah, even though i don't play her a huge amount i'd like to see Orisa showing up in more games. She's got potential to be really interesting but people are only using her in very specific situations so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So fúcking annoying how flexible players are punished. Having a good game with 3 different heroes, changing to counter will get you less SR than a shíte DPS who refuses to budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I don't think the changes to roadhog will stick he is pretty unkillable now while healing and if you have a decent healer it's pretty ridiculous. On a side note the team deathmatch is actually kinda fun and requires a whole other set of tactics.
    The solo deathmatch will be up a lot of dps's street as they can match themselves against other great dps's. Played a game of it last night and a Hanzo won. He was pretty ridiculous.

J. Marston wrote: »
    So fúcking annoying how flexible players are punished. Having a good game with 3 different heroes, changing to counter will get you less SR than a shíte DPS who refuses to budge.

Huh?

Huh?

Your SR is based against everybody else that plays that character so if you play good you get more SR you play bad you get less. So if you swap between 3 chars in a game but still win you will get less SR than if you were to stick with one char and do your best. Naturally if you are swapping you won't do as well as people who are sticking with a hero for the whole game.

Im pretty sure this is how it works. Hence why most people have such an issue with season 5 along with a heap of other things.

Your SR is based against everybody else that plays that character so if you play good you get more SR you play bad you get less. So if you swap between 3 chars in a game but still win you will get less SR than if you were to stick with one char and do your best. Naturally if you are swapping you won't do as well as people who are sticking with a hero for the whole game.

Im pretty sure this is how it works. Hence why most people have such an issue with season 5 along with a heap of other things.

Did blizzard release all this info?

Did blizzard release all this info?

Heres a quick thread I found https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754965621

There is a lot of talk about it.

• Advertisement

Heres a quick thread I found https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754965621

There is a lot of talk about it.

I'm always suspicious of posts like these. They are making assumptions with incomplete information.

Lucio is hardly considered a solo healer is he lads?

I'd love to drop Mercy from my arsenal altogether, and as Zen can't solo heal (I've finally accepted it), is Ana the only alternative?

I'd prefer learning Lucio to Ana (can't snipe on PC) but I'm not learning another secondary healer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Lucio is hardly considered a solo healer is he lads?

I'd love to drop Mercy from my arsenal altogether, and as Zen can't solo heal (I've finally accepted it), is Ana the only alternative?

I'd prefer learning Lucio to Ana (can't snipe on PC) but I'm not learning another secondary healer.

Pretty much. I don't enjoy Ana much and Mercy is boring as f*ck so I hate getting stuck with either character.

Learning to snipe it is.

Ryujehong, I'm coming for ya.

Ah I've wanted to learn McCree anyways, the pinpoint accuracy of both might pay off with Zen and S76 too.

Apparently my 10 minute average Elims with S76 this season is 38. I must have cleaned up during those 2 minutes :pac: It was a good two minutes but I didn't realise it was that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got three headshot kills in about 6 seconds with Widow earlier, first time I ever did something like that.

Was convinced I'd get POTG but a double kill Tracer bomb got it.

I'm always suspicious of posts like these. They are making assumptions with incomplete information.

I don't think we will ever get to know exactly how it works or whether they will tweak the SR system again for season six and the internet being what it is I don't believe most of what I read anymore. The only thing I will say is that there does seem to be a lot more talk about it this season. There will always be people giving out about something. But hopefully they will work out a a way to give greater or lesser gains for people who work well as a team whether they win or lose. It is a game about teamwork and I do think that should be rewarded otherwise people will continue to throw games and flame about everybody but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Fcuk the summer loot boxes, just opened 3 in a row, 9 greys and 3 blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I was testing the Lucio amp it up boop theory which I personally think is ballix now but I've become addicted to booping.
    Screw the team, someones going off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I was testing the Lucio amp it up boop theory which I personally think is ballix now but I've become addicted to booping.
    Screw the team, someones going off a cliff.

In Quick Play, if it's a good map for environmental kills, I'm often guilty of completely ignoring the objective for the whole round in favour of chasing those sweet, sweet boops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I've never known a game where I receive so many messages from randomers. My friends seem to get them a lot in fifa but I've never played it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement