Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Someone kicked the ball into an aul ones garden and no one would go after it.

Edit: Not sure if embed is working so here

https://youtu.be/xXMbUd740iU

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I got one earlier, was in Arabic so I don't know what it said. I'm sure it was insulting and probably deserved since I forgot that I had ordered pizza and left a comp game we were winning to eat.

Pizza > Overwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Similarly had to turn it off cause missus was going to kill me. Got a few for that.

Got one last night, "plz uninstall", gave me a lol

Earlier today we got wiped out in first round as lucio/mercy and I got "ur bad", so I switched to symetra in protest. Hammered them in next 3 rounds

Two weeks left in the season, seeing more and more "Doesn't matter" comps.

Played a team earlier who used an all support and Bastion comp on King's Row attack. They got nowhere with it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was 50 points off plat yesterday, back town to sub 2300 now, noticing a lot of weird comps alright. Even managing to lose to a few :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The sweeper keeper tactic that has me banging in goals in lucio ball:

And a high noon shutdown:

Doomfist is a fúcking joke. His punch hitbox is a mile wide. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Getting the win because the attacking Genji / Tracer / Doomfist where too concentrated on taking out Torbjorn.

425230.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Remember the complaints about RH's hook? Well Doomfist's charge up attack makes the hook's original catch area look tiny by comparison...

Three times the width, twice the height and about a body or two thick...

Nody wrote: »
    Remember the complaints about RH's hook? Well Doomfist's charge up attack makes the hook's original catch area look tiny by comparison...

And you actually get "hit" by the punch way before it actually reaches you.

Three times the width, twice the height and about a body or two thick...
    To call him broken would be an understatement. So stupid that they released into competitive in that state. What's the point of PTR? He was there for 2 or 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well that explains some of the deaths to doomfist that even watching the kill cam could I make sense of how I died!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Anyone else getting the worst loot drops this event? Normally without 'trying' (if that can be applicable) I get something. Ever since the lootbox tweak all I seem to get is a blue and greys.... Literally every event I've played I've gotten a yellow fairly quickly but not this time or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Same as that, but no "dupes" for about 15 loot boxes since they implemented that change (and tbf, I have about ~45 cosmetics per character)

The loot boxes giveth with one hand, and taketh away with the other

Maybe you're right.... I could have just hit that point where I'm not gonna get anything fancy easily any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Had very bad luck too with the lootboxes, even after doing my usual shameful purchase of 24 boxes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone else getting the worst loot drops this event? Normally without 'trying' (if that can be applicable) I get something. Ever since the lootbox tweak all I seem to get is a blue and greys.... Literally every event I've played I've gotten a yellow fairly quickly but not this time or is it just me?
    Picked up a yellow normal skin (which I did not have) on the third or fourth lootbox so normal rotation for me; no duplicates so far though but I think I'm running out of "white/blue" normals because I've started to get 3 or 4 event items per box (the roll appears to be to decide color type per drop then a second roll on what you don't have have yet based on a video I saw of someone who bought every white and most blue to "force" it to give blue+ only due to the no duplicate rule which failed).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Its just a shame there are so many totally garbage Sprays (and voice-lines to an extent)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Gettin a player icon nearly every lootbox now, whereas before I rarely if ever got one.
    I've just wanted the ZERG icon since release, still not got it.

I got BBQ-76 so happy out. Think it's first time I've actually gotten a wanted seasonal skin within the season. Also got one of the Zenyatta Egypt skins which I'd been looking for.

Its just a shame there are so many totally garbage Sprays (and voice-lines to an extent)
    They are all white padding though; let's say they cut 'em in half and you'd still get exactly as many rare+ skins today and simply more duplicates. I'm honestly more annoyed with the intros being epic (most suck) than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ENded up playing lucio placement matches against diamond and master, so im in diamond now, seems easy enough

Have had the most yo-yo week ever. Fell to 2800-ish, bounced back 3200, then fell to my lowest rank since season 1, 2762, and now I'm back to 3003.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This fu*kin goal that someone just scored against me. Didn't even see it coming as keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Jaysis, not much you can do against that.

Had a great laugh playing mystery heroes last night, one of those sessions where the comps that came up were more interesting than unbalanced.

Managed to take the second point on Volskaya with two Anas, one Lucio and 3 Reinhardts. We had pretty much no range/dps but the Lucio kept in the middle of the Reins on the point and the two Anas sniped from the doorway. Just couldn't shift us off the point for about 90 seconds, won in overtime when the last Rein charged a Bastion and Mei into the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I have 4500+ gold but hell naw am I spending it on just one skin.

...that Sombra doe...

I think that Sombra one is up there with goth Zarya in terms of crapiness.

I'll have enough for two gold weapons when the season ends. Think I'll get Junkrat's.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think that Sombra one is up there with goth Zarya in terms of crapiness.

I'll have enough for two gold weapons when the season ends. Think I'll get Junkrat's.

Goth Zarya is god f*cking awful isn't it. I cringe any time I see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Got BBQ soldier yesterday and was delighted, got Reaper biker skin a few cases into the event. If I could get widow and Mccree ones before the event ends I'll be delighted.

Been using Sombra a lot in Mayhem. She's pretty much essential, I think, to counter Doomfist. Currently with all his jumping around he gets an overshield. If you can hack him, he goes down fairly easily and quickly. Nullify him and it's a little easier to cap and/or move payloads. And because it's mayhem, his abilities recharging so quickly make him probably THE most obnoxious character to play against.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

And because it's mayhem, his abilities recharging so quickly make him probably THE most obnoxious character to play against.

I think Zarya has that title wrapped up in Mayhem :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement