Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

At least Zarya stays on the ground where most people can hit her - Doomfist zips around so much it's hard to burn him down quick enough, especially if he has any healing.

DF + Mercy is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think Zarya has that title wrapped up in Mayhem :P

Zarya is a close second

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I don't get the appeal of total mayhem. Fights take so long they become boring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fixxxer wrote: »

Then you should play the McCree game ;)

Then you should play the McCree game ;)

What's the Mc Cree game??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Everyone is McCree, 1 hit = 1 kill, ult charges are up and no gravity. Its epic :D

Go into arcade, then into the game browser and you will find it there. Plenty of good game types in there for just messing about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Actually a good way to "learn" a hero in ways. Cause you can get better at using their abilities as opposed to gun skill. Baring in mind it's relevancy though, I can't see Master players needing this

Red Dead Redemption

Everyone is McCree, 1 hit = 1 kill, ult charges are up and no gravity. Its epic :D

Go into arcade, then into the game browser and you will find it there. Plenty of good game types in there for just messing about too.

Ah gotcha. Played a version of that but was Widowmaker. Proved how ****e my aim is :pac:

Hide & seek is a pretty fun mode I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

High platinum is infuriating. Roadhog everywhere despite him being totally useless and over-extenders and 1v6ers aplenty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »
    High platinum is infuriating. Roadhog everywhere despite him being totally useless and over-extenders and 1v6ers aplenty.

Can you choose region on consoles like we can on PC ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can you choose region on consoles like we can on PC ?

Nope. Or at least I don't think so.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nope. Or at least I don't think so.

Maybe if you setup a US/Canada/Japan account it would default to that region then?

Finally finished my Lucio Ball placements. Won five lost five, finished with 2727SR, which is diamond I think?

Am I right in thinking I get CP from Lucio Ball and Comp combined at the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finally finished my Lucio Ball placements. Won five lost five, finished with 2727SR, which is diamond I think?

Am I right in thinking I get CP from Lucio Ball and Comp combined at the end of the season?

3000 is diamond isn't it?

emmetkenny wrote:
    3000 is diamond isn't it?

Could be, wrote that at 2am so anything is possible

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah diamond is 3000, I placed around 2990 after 6 wins and 4 losses. Won my first non placement game to get me into diamond and will never play it again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I know we've just had Doomfist and Summer games but i'm already excited about the next thing.

Seems like the rumours of a new "Junkertown" map are pretty solid - could really use a new assault map i think, Eichenwald was a great addition.

And obviously a new hero (support plz) as soon as possible.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I reached a season high of 2443 last week after placing in bronze. Went on a bad run then and am down to 2097 I think. Ggetting a bit fed up of D:Va and with Zarya being more common you can't be as aggressive anymore.

I think I'll main Ana next season, been playing her a good bit lately and find her really fun though I'm definitely not carrying as much as I would with D:Va and winning less. I'd love to try main widow for a season but the delightful community would probably have me banned after no time. :pac:

About bloody time...
    Reporting on console will be available when patch 1.14 goes live (the patch that has DM and TDM and is currently on the PTR for testing).

Thanks for being so patient with us.

Also, it's important to note the reporting system and punishments are very much an ongoing development for us. Improvements will continue over time. We are working on increased punishments for high frequency offenders, email notifications when your reports result in disciplinary action (we're experimenting with this right now and we'll expand this as we refine it) and eventually notifications in the game client when your report results in disciplinary action.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758236399#post-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Less than 100SR to Platinum...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Less than 100SR to Platinum...
    346 here, not sure if it's worth the frustration at this stage :(

gizmo wrote: »

I wouldn't say so. I tried some comp over the weekend and Season 5 seems to be dead already. Gob****e picks and leavers every second game. Thank goodness theres Lucio Ball :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I wouldn't say so. I tried some comp over the weekend and Season 5 seems to be dead already. Gob****e picks and leavers every second game. Thank goodness theres Lucio Ball :)

Yeah, was in a comp game yesterday where a guy on our team played fine for the first round on a KOTH map and we crush the enemy team. Next round he throws a fuss, tilts, leaves voice chat and plays torb, we lose the next 2 points. Then somehow we win the following two points and take the game. The stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I only had 1 game with leavers (we beat them so bad in Round 1 they all quit, giving us the Victory), and 1 game with a thrower on my team.

Rest of the victories were hard fought, or tense draws.

What I'm most proud of is my accuracy with Pharah; I'm keeping above 53% & having games of 65-75%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

One more just came to mind from the weekend. The other team had a troll and then leaver, everyone on the enemy team left then bar two, one guy asked if he could boop us off for an achievement , we said grand. While we were doing this, I got D.C and by the time I had relaunched the option to rejoin was gone, the game was over and I had LOST SR... absolutely raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

There is almost no difference between gold and plat in terms of play, however you get a lot more know it alls who will tell you what to be playing and when to play it.

Sight808 wrote: »
    There is almost no difference between gold and plat in terms of play, however you get a lot more know it alls who will tell you what to be playing and when to play it.

Can confirm. I'm this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Sight808 wrote: »
    It's more of a personal goal thing more than anything else really. I don't want to dedicate the time to the game to progress much more given everything else I want to play so leaving at Platinum would have been a nice way to go out.

papu is right though, I really don't think it's worth the stress, especially when the root cause of most of my losses these days are utterly ineffective dps, something I haven't invested, nor wish to invest, much time in. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

It's more of a personal goal thing more than anything else really. I don't want to dedicate the time to the game to progress much more given everything else I want to play so leaving at Platinum would have been a nice way to go out.

papu is right though, I really don't think it's worth the stress, especially when the root cause of most of my losses these days are utterly ineffective dps, something I haven't invested, nor wish to invest, much time in. :o

Then godspeed gizmo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement