Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Only about 60 sr to reach diamond.

The stress, I'm locked in a win one lose one sequence right now.

Why do people feed when it'd 5 or 6 v 1 I mean what do they think is going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Whats feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Whats feed?

Being considerably at the "front" of your group of 6 as (the vast majority of) you respawn and running in and starting an engagement on your own where you get your a$$ handed to you in a 3->6 versus 1 scenario.

Basically you end up on a treadmill where you: Die - Respawn - Run in - Die - Respawn instead of waiting for your team mates to group up with you to combo ults/make a coordination push

Notable examples are usually portrayed by any sort of hero with a modicum of self sustain. Sure they don't need your help, they can do it all :rolleyes:

When you see a Soldier, Mei, Roadhog, D.Va, Zarya or Insta-Genji dead, and you're wondering "where the f**k even were they?". They were feeding, feeding hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Yeah, generally if you don't get a pick or favorable trade at the start of the fight you should all fall back and regroup as the chances of winning the subsequent engagement are not in your favor.

Caveats include contesting the point where you can run into the grinder continually up to 99% to keep the percentage ticking over for your team. After which you should regroup and make 1 final push to recapture the point and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Week left in season 5. Finishing now since decay won't affect me until next week and the final week in a comp season is generally a shítshow. Ending on 3128.

Really want to give Sombra a try next season but I think I'll seriously plummet if I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Really want to give Sombra a try next season but I think I'll seriously plummet if I do.

Do it anyway, **** the haters. How else will you improve? She's pretty good in the right hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

After a few beers I've been known to consider myself a Pro-Sombra :o

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Week left in season 5. Finishing now since decay won't affect me until next week and the final week in a comp season is generally a shítshow. Ending on 3128.

I tried sombra mid season, 32 games... 39% winrate =( lost a boat load of SR.

Can still roll it back with my tanks but I've had to give up on her... amazing found out I'm a very good Ana.

Overall, hated this season, one of the worst experiences ever, always hoping it would get better but it juts got more toxic, more leavers/quitters, crap meta. Didn't play half as much as I did in previous seasons. If this nonense starts in season 6 I'm considering uninstalling the game or just playing super casual in QP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »

Just saw that a few minutes ago. Looks great.

• Advertisement

Bloody love Junkrat.

https://youtu.be/n50-NFpa79E

Dva changes! New missle ability! Shoot while flying! Less defence matrix!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

fixxxer wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/n50-NFpa79E

Dva changes! New missle ability! Shoot while flying! Less defence matrix!!

looks really fun! have to say they are really trying to mxi it up with all the buffs, think hope it doesnt throw the game too much out of balance

New short movie on Wednesday. My guess is for D.Va.

Kinda hope we get even just one big budget cgi video. The original ones are still jaw dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'm hoping Zen, tell a bit more of the Omnic story.

That being said i would still be happy with Dva!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Hmm, we're 2-0 up and hammering the other team. Widow could be the difference in this final round"

I hate other players.

Still above my goal of 2200 so I'll take it

QP is a state, a Widow and Hanzo 2 stack quit, we're joined by none other than a solo queueing Widow and Hanzo

So I guess there won't be an update tonight? Need new Junkrat & Roadhog...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

QP is a state, a Widow and Hanzo 2 stack quit, we're joined by none other than a solo queueing Widow and Hanzo

I've never treated QP as serious. If you're playing QP for reals then all it will do is get you mad. I like to pick Ana then focus solely on flanking and putting people to sleep. Then people get mad at me for not healing... I'm a terrible person.....

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

The changes to comp in the latest Developer Update sound like a pretty solid step forward.

• Advertisement

Watched some gameplay videos of Junkertown. Looks like its going to a fun map to play on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The changes to comp in the latest Developer Update sound like a pretty solid step forward.

Not sure about the KOTH maps been best of 3. If you lose the first round the quitters will be gone straight away.

Probably the weakest short.

J. Marston wrote:
    Probably the weakest short.

I really enjoyed it. Much better than the Sombra one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Plk8YgM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Had a nice comp run tonight with various randoms and made good SR gains. Managed to stick with Mercy for the evening.

Lost our last match because one of the morons on our team decided to play as Rein for their first time ever. As soon as she came on mic all the lads on the team were telling her how great a job she was doing; "no, no, don't change" etc. Queue us being steamrolled on Hanamura defence.

I'm still pushing on for 2500 before the season ends. I'll be on the next few days if there's any games going!

Notorious wrote: »
    Had a nice comp run tonight with various randoms and made good SR gains. Managed to stick with Mercy for the evening.

Lost our last match because one of the morons on our team decided to play as Rein for their first time ever. As soon as she came on mic all the lads on the team were telling her how great a job she was doing; "no, no, don't change" etc. Queue us being steamrolled on Hanamura defence.

I'm still pushing on for 2500 before the season ends. I'll be on the next few days if there's any games going!

Was she a Mercy main? Pretty sure 99% of the girls I hear on mic are Mercy mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Was she a Mercy main? Pretty sure 99% of the girls I hear on mic are Mercy mains.

I don't think she knew what she was tbh. She went with Junk on attack and wasn't too successful.

It was funny; I played two games with a foursome, and on the third game the female voice informs us about her lack of experience with Rein. Only then did the lads who I'd played two games with find their voice. Classic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Or DVA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement