Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been playing Lucio for a few games, getting decent results with him now too. Easy to see why he's the current king of the meta :)
    Tracer often panics the opponent, which hands you the advantage even if your aim's not great.

Yea, this has definitely been my experience, Reinhart's in particular know they're very vulnerable to her and you can turn them around for a big team counter attack on an objective.

Of course, when I play Reinhart, I get the fear when she's around as it's hard to depend on Public teammates to get your back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

My first POTG! I thought I would never get one, especially with Mercy.

I'm loving this. First FPS where I couldn't care less about KDR's and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

J. Marston wrote: »
    My first POTG! I thought I would never get one, especially with Mercy.

I'm loving this. First FPS where I couldn't care less about KDR's and the like.

nice. how do you make the vid actually? are the vid files stored for highlights or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

froog wrote: »
    nice. how do you make the vid actually? are the vid files stored for highlights or something?

For PS4, I pressed the share button then press sqaure to save the clip. You can then trim it in the capture gallery and press share again when you're done to upload to Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I see about 1% of my kills/assists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What levels are people going up against now that the game has been out a while ?

I'm level 35 or so, but most of the people I play against now seem to be level 70-100.
    I've come across a few no-lifers who were around 140.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I think I'm level 19 right now.
    Have to say the end of game vote thing does my head in.

I have 20 kills, with an 18 kill streak, 51% kill participation - lost to a Mercy with 1.9k healing
    Couple games later had 3 gold medals as Lucio, including 3.9k healing, lost to a Soldier 76 with 12 kills....

What do you get when you get selected, I HAVE TO KNOW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Have friends :p

BizzyC wrote: »
    What do you get when you get selected, I HAVE TO KNOW!!!

The knowledge they voted for, you get nothing as far as I'm aware....maybe some extra exp ?

Pick Mercy/Lucio/Reinhardt - get votes...see for yourself

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got this yesterday after enjoying the beta. It's good fun.

Mercy and Bastion are my two heroes of choice. I think the game could do more to recognise support class contributions during matches though, play of the game seems impossible to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

awec wrote: »
    Got this yesterday after enjoying the beta. It's good fun.

Mercy and Bastion are my two heroes of choice. I think the game could do more to recognise support class contributions during matches though, play of the game seems impossible to get.

Ive gotten 1 as Symmetra and im basically only playing her and zenyatta atm, its pretty impossible to get it for healing support alone due to how weighted POTG is towards multikills over everything else.

Also yeah the amount support is ignored in the voting screen is just annoying as I pretty much end up there everytime for either my healing with zenyatta or turret kills with symmettra and get zero recognition. Several times my zenyatta ult has turned the tide but then is completely ignored

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

With Mercy it's pretty impossible to get as she has no real offense at all. Her gun is useless and really only for emergency use. If I resurrect 3 or 4 people in the zone we are attacking and that causes us to win the zone then that really should be seen as the same as a multikill. Or if I'm flying around like a madman keeping people alive.

You have to, I repeat have to not let the voting, POTG annoy you even a little bit. It'll drive you mad.

I'd prefer POTG after the voting. Multikills are great but they don't equate to 6 mins of solid work and overall match kills/revives/everything else. It'd be nice of they fixed it so that it recognises other things but, meh.

Another thing they should introduce is 10 XP for voting and turn off voting for yourself. A lot of people don't bother voting, kinda lazy!

These aren't big issues to me, I think the game is the best FPS online I've played in years, but just things I think would make a difference.

It does feel good to be recognised in POTG and Voting alright, but they might fix it to make it better. It is a great feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Game is such a lickarse support game :D

So many games where I've POTG as Reaper, outrageous amount of eliminations, 3-4 gold medals, and the ****ing healer gets the votes :D

Have to say one thing consoles have, especially PS4 over PC, that quick and easy ability to share your POTG. Is there any inbuilt export function for PC? Couldn't be arsed going to Highlights and running fraps etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My rule is generally if a healer does 20% or more healing they get the vote; less and they don't. Secondary to this would be object kills and object time unless there was a real A star player on either team that I noticed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got POTG with Mercy before, just do a 4 man ult resurrection on the objective :D

I wish frustration to the other team could be measured.

mqdefault.jpg

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wish frustration to the other team could be measured.

mqdefault.jpg

Two classes I almost never played... what can they do together?

I dunno about together, actually, just the only photo I could find of both of them on Google images...

Well apart from one some guy drew on Deviant art.. and that was... well... you can guess what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'm getting a little annoyed at how short the POTG clips are. Got a hexakill the other night as Pharah. Only captured 4 of them in the POTG :( Needs proper demos!

• Advertisement

I'm getting a little annoyed at how short the POTG clips are. Got a hexakill the other night as Pharah. Only captured 4 of them in the POTG :( Needs proper demos!

You can record the games yourself. There is software to do this, and you can edit and upload them to youtube to your heartst content and stroke and share your E-Peen that way if it makes you feel better.

POTG is a nice little after-thought to the main game, it should start becoming the main focus by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I dunno about together, actually, just the only photo I could find of both of them on Google images...

Well apart from one some guy drew on Deviant art.. and that was... well... you can guess what was going on.

02c9c338ffcc578fe2c09709e7fb8ad7.jpg

6ca3d851a367e4e6745d8d6ceec70eca.jpg

Looks alright to me.

That's D.Va though! I'm surprised nobody has added boobs to the mechsuit.

Actually Rule 35, it's probably been done :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Left my first every game in 350 games. Mei on our own team standing at the spawn areas freezing anyone coming out. Doesn't happen much, but for the whole game. Nah.

Freezing the enemy team at spawn ? or blocking your team in ?
    Confused by your explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Left my first every game in 350 games. Mei on our own team standing at the spawn areas freezing anyone coming out. Doesn't happen much, but for the whole game. Nah.

I've left a few games, usually due to having a team on defense with everyone choosing Widow, or an attacking team full of Trolbjorns...

I'd never leave a game just because we're losing or if I'm playing badly though, just when my team are complete idiots.

I've got to the stage now where I'm unsure if I'm getting good at using Lucio, or if he's a little OP.

I've got to the stage now where I'm unsure if I'm getting good at using Lucio, or if he's a little OP.

I die a little inside when the enemy picks him on Ilios. He seems to thrive on that map, bouncing people off the map from around the objective area. Maybe I'll give him a go today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I've left a few games, usually due to having a team on defense with everyone choosing Widow, or an attacking team full of Trolbjorns...

I'd never leave a game just because we're losing or if I'm playing badly though, just when my team are complete idiots.

Thats the only reason ive left games, also had a game last night where 2 chose mccree, after 2 mins though thankfully they both changed, still lost the match but i think they learned their lesson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I had a game where we were defending, and there was 2 widows and 2 McCrees, no tank and no healer. It went about as well as expected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement