Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »

Is it wrong that I would like them to appear as skins in OW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I would like them to appear as skins in OW.

Nothing wrong with it at all, as they are savage as ....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nothing wrong with it at all, as they are savage as ....

Soldier reminds me of the Psycho in BL2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For those who don't know, it's a play on the game Mother Russia Bleeds.

FANTASTIC game itself, well worth buying for some couch co-op with mates.

Think of Streets of Rage with crazy violence and published by Devolver !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mercy changes on PTR

https://twitter.com/CaptainPlanetOW/status/900782537529856001

REZ single target normal ability now.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Mercy changes on PTR

https://twitter.com/CaptainPlanetOW/status/900782537529856001

REZ single target normal ability now.

Awesome, looks like she got more of a buff than a nerf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Not sure what to think now. REZ was Mercy's thing. I guess it depends on the cool down between uses. Valkyrie Ultimate doesn't sound great from the description.

Not sure what to think now. REZ was Mercy's thing. I guess it depends on the cool down between uses. Valkyrie Ultimate doesn't sound great from the description.

Well her been able to fly is a good thing. Personally I thought she needed a little bit more pep in her step to get away from battle and this could be it. I would hazard a guess at rez been 20 second cooldown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The question then becomes what does her Ult do to the Rez ability cooldown?

EDIT: Reduces it from 30s to 10s for the 20s duration of the Ult. Cooldown on Rez also reset when you pop it, ntb.

Overwatch update to let Mercy resurrect players as a regular move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hanzo: "Rez me!"

Genji: "No, me!"

Reinhardt: "Rez me, I have ult!"

2f8.jpg

Have fun, Mercy mains!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The changes sound like they'll make Mercy far more fun to play

Flying is always fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

She gets area heal with Valkyrie ability on as the heal/damage buff will chain to other team members close by with an extended lock on and beam range... It sounds pretty damn good to me for that push on point getting 20s of chain healing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

These changes sound really good. Combine that with the new map and I think Blizzard are doing a great job keeping the game active and fresh.

Their Friday Night Lights voice line reference scores some nice brownie points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Good. Res is still her thing but this is fairer, I would of been ok with a hold to charge, a second a life either but this is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mercy changes seem great, I wonder what the AOE healing numbers during her ult are. 30sec CD on Rez with 10sec CD during the Ult.

I hope we get a new Solo Healer soon

Mercy changes seem great, I wonder what the AOE healing numbers during her ult are. 30sec CD on Rez with 10sec CD during the Ult.

I hope we get a new Solo Healer soon

defence would surely be next, doomfist dps, orissa tank, anna healer, ?? ?defence surely

Season 6, Silver-Plat players can now drop ranks

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758826275#1

If you play 5 Matches below your ranks minimum SR without a win, you'll rank down. So you can't be demoted on a win.

SR Win/Loss changes too, for heroes with low winrates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

defence would surely be next, doomfist dps, orissa tank, anna healer, ?? ?defence surely

The game needs another healer over another defense hero.

Season 6, Silver-Plat players can now drop ranks

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758826275#1

If you play 5 Matches below your ranks minimum SR without a win, you'll rank down. So you can't be demoted on a win.

SR Win/Loss changes too, for heroes with low winrates.

That first point makes no sense to me. If you lose now you lose SR. Are they saying if you lose five games in a row next season in Platinum you drop to gold?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That first point makes no sense to me. If you lose now you lose SR. Are they saying if you lose five games in a row next season in Platinum you drop to gold?

It's just a cosmetic change really, it means you lose your platinum badge if you drop to gold and lose five games.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's just a cosmetic change really, it means you lose your platinum badge if you drop to gold and lose five games.

I only noticed that for the first time recently. When I was 2900-ish, I still had the diamond badge. Was wondering what that was about.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The game needs another healer over another defense hero.

does it? a good anna with a zen/mercy/zen can destroy, the problem is nobody heals, ended up teaming with with some cscottish lads today, anna and emrcy combo with me free to flex, went 13-3. Healers seem fine to me

does it? a good anna with a zen/mercy/zen can destroy, the problem is nobody heals, ended up teaming with with some cscottish lads today, anna and emrcy combo with me free to flex, went 13-3. Healers seem fine to me

I only play healers in comp and we definitely need another one.

There are four hero's at the minute who can heal. Only one can provide a speed boost, only one can provide reliable sustain healing at a distance.

Season 3 & 4 we would have seen Mercy/Anna and Lucio. Season 5 (Dive) it was Lucio and Mercy mostly with the odd Zen/Anna.

There is no variety there and it's backed up with the really high pick rates of Zen (Season 2), Ana (Season 3), Mercy (Season 4) and Lucio (Season 6).

After being stuck at 2150 for weeks, I have now exceeded my goal of 2200 this season, to reach 2300! :) Up almost 200 from last season, which I'm happy with. Up to a solid 62% Winston Winrate.

End of Season isn't all that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Placed in silver this season ended in diamond long long season even tho its the highest I've ever been its also the least enjoyable.

So much salt and toxicity.
    So many leavers, punishment not enough.
    Meta was horrible really.
    Your punished for playing with friends

Hopefully this next season has bigger changes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

This weekend is a bad time to play comp, so many people not giving two fliuchs.

• Advertisement

Silver to Diamond? Holy shít, that's some journey.

Biggest and best change, in my opinion, is making Control maps best of 3 instead 5.

Losing a closely fought best of 5 map 3-2 is devastating and draining. Takes about 25 minutes and if you lose it, you're not in the mood to play anymore, from my experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement