Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Junkertown Queen poster - could be our next hero?

N8Uqiw0l.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Junkertown Queen poster - could be our next hero?

N8Uqiw0l.png

Wasnt the next hero datamined earlier in the year? It was a defence hero i think and their name started with R

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Wasnt the next hero datamined earlier in the year? It was a defence hero i think and their name started with R

Was it not a monkey from the moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

emmetkenny wrote: »

Hammond was heavily hinted at when Lunar Colony was launched. That looks like a pretty big axe she's carrying. High speed melee character confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

emmetkenny wrote: »

Don't you mean Wizard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Another sexy side shave female.

Good stuff.

Link to Jeff talking about report system and stuff

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758737651#post-16

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Junkrat, Orisa, Widow and Hog buffs are live since yesterday.

While the change to the riptyre is welcome, I never thought I needed a second concussion mine. I thought that the current Junkrat was nicely balanced and just needed some more health in his riptyre. That said, the double mine lets you lob two in a row at someone. I just hope people don't complain too much about being double mined in the face and get JR nerfed again.

Orisa's buff is great. I didn't think she needed one but the bigger shield and slightly faster projectiles are welcome. The projectile speed buff isn't that noticeable but the bigger shield certainly is. It's easier to hide from Pharah, for example.

I can't speak for Hog or Widow as I don't play them but Hog definitely needed a buff and Widow's seems pretty cool too.

I'm dreading the nerf to D.Va - a lot of D.Va players on the PTR aren't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Junkrat, Orisa, Widow and Hog buffs are live since yesterday.

While the change to the riptyre is welcome, I never thought I needed a second concussion mine. I thought that the current Junkrat was nicely balanced and just needed some more health in his riptyre. That said, the double mine lets you lob two in a row at someone. I just hope people don't complain too much about being double mined in the face and get JR nerfed again.

Orisa's buff is great. I didn't think she needed one but the bigger shield and slightly faster projectiles are welcome. The projectile speed buff isn't that noticeable but the bigger shield certainly is. It's easier to hide from Pharah, for example.

I can't speak for Hog or Widow as I don't play them but Hog definitely needed a buff and Widow's seems pretty cool too.

I'm dreading the nerf to D.Va - a lot of D.Va players on the PTR aren't happy.

Hog is great now running around self healing, a faster cooldown on hook would be nice. Was doing work with him on deathmatch yesterday until 4 people switched to reaper to counter me, just went junkrat then , he is a blast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm liking the Junkrat changes. I miss not being able to kill Genji as easily with the mine, but you just gotta make sure you land the second if you have it handy.

His survivability has gone up, as it's easier to get out of dodge when you're in trouble.

Yeah the Junkrat buff feels too good to be true and that it could be taken away at any second. Has anyone made the new Roadhog set up work? I mean, he's pretty hard to kill now but apart from being a literal meat shield, doesn't seem to have much effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah the Junkrat buff feels too good to be true and that it could be taken away at any second. Has anyone made the new Roadhog set up work? I mean, he's pretty hard to kill now but apart from being a literal meat shield, doesn't seem to have much effect.

Few right click shots then hook and shoot + melee, just need to re-calibrate when to hook shoot + melee to kill on enemies. I was cleaning up until all the Reapers showed up..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah the Junkrat buff feels too good to be true and that it could be taken away at any second.

This is what I fear. I don't mind if they remove the double mine or even if they lowered the damage a bit but there's always the risk of getting roadhog-nerfed if enough people complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

D.Va's defence matrix nerf is also another buff to Junkrat. Her old DM could eat a whole clip of grenades, that won't be the case anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I don't know if I'm going to be any good with Mercy when she becomes a DPS character.
    Time to perfect Lucio wallriding maybe or try and learn how to use Ana.

The Widow changes are pretty great, even if I'm still not a great sniper in general I find it easier (usually) to hit targets with her than Hanzo.

I missed it, what's going in with Mercy?

Grayditch wrote: »
    I missed it, what's going in with Mercy?
    Her Ult is being changed to 'Valkrie'.
    Basically her res is an ability that targets one person and has a 30 second cooldown.
    When you pop her new ult (which lasts 20 seconds) it will reset res and it's cooldown drops to 10 seconds.

Now the fun part:
    While it's active her beam attaches to multiple targets and (may) be more effective.
    Also she does more damage, her pistol gets a bottomless clip and she can FLY.

Eh... that sounds perfect for the way I play Mercy anyway!

Grayditch wrote: »
    Eh... that sounds perfect for the way I play Mercy anyway!
    Battle Mercys rejoice! :pac:
    Some funny videos of the PTR on Youtube of ulting Mercys being nanoboosted and the madness that follows. :D

Oh I forgot one, her passive healing doesn't stop when she takes damage while the ult is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

it sounds great, did they say when that change is coming? I much prefer using rez early to try swing the momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That change may not actually hit the main game, it's still only in the PTR. Nano Battle Mercy does look like great craic I must say!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought I heard they already got rid of the bottomless clip at least.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought I heard they already got rid of the bottomless clip at least.

Fire speed back to normal but clip still infinite I read this morning.

The reworked Mercy is a terror cos of her damn tiny hitboxes!
    It's weird how she's now also better at flying than Pharah...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

madcabbage wrote: »
    That change may not actually hit the main game, it's still only in the PTR. Nano Battle Mercy does look like great craic I must say!

Big PTR changes are basically "this is coming" recently from what I've seen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SOMEONE NANO BOOST ME NOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    SOMEONE NANO BOOST ME NOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Where are ya?
    Coming back from spawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just after a thoroughly genius top-level Junkrat strat occurred to me in the Chateau map, a willing Reaper test subject came along to let me test it.

I don't think willing means what you think it means. Nice play ya shneaky fooker. :D

Deathmatch is such an easy way to grind lootboxes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Tried to play my frist comp game this morning, someone from other team left before game began. Second attempt at first placement game, someone from other team left after 30 seconds of the match starting, this is on PC.

It's really frustrating when you have limited play time.

Anyone else start theirs yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement