Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not started comp yet, will do after work I'd say. Having a bit of fun with deathmatch, team is easy wins but FFA is horrible. Thankfully you only need top 3 for a "win". Mei and Symmetra seem pretty good at getting people conversing in chat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is there a new season live?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is there a new season live?

Yeah as of midnight last night I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I might wait until the new Mercy/Dva updates for live before doing my placement games. Less Dva around might help my Roadhog playing. He's pretty fun to use now seeing as you can actually miss a hook and not be sure of certain death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

This season is no better for leavers, played 3 placement games so far, two leavers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

in placement matches is everyone else also in placement matches or are they ranked matches as well for some? are there more leavers than normal in placement matches or is it just bad luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

IvoryTower wrote: »
    in placement matches is everyone else also in placement matches or are they ranked matches as well for some? are there more leavers than normal in placement matches or is it just bad luck?

If you start placements a few hours after the season begins you can be with ranked people. I did my first placements mid Season 4 mainly Silver players which is the standard I would have been at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Might get my 10 placements out of the way over the next 3 days so in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Just after a thoroughly genius top-level Junkrat strat occurred to me in the Chateau map, a willing Reaper test subject came along to let me test it.

Top of the OW Reddit, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So are placements still a pointless exercise?

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    So are placements still a pointless exercise?

I want to say no. But yes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I want to say no. But yes

Seen a post earlier where 1 person had 2 wins and 8 loses and they got 3450+ on their ranking. Seems a bit mad to me.

They seem to be pointless now that Blizzard say they wont be artificially reducing your SR at the start of each season. Previously they would have given them a rough figure (in conjunction with what you ended last season with?) they could knock 200/400 SR off.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Seen a post earlier where 1 person had 2 wins and 8 loses and they got 3450+ on their ranking. Seems a bit mad to me.

Tbh I'm kind of "done" with trying to wrap my head around this nonsens, I have faith Blizzard will make it better, but I'm not gonna expect anything major anytime soon.

Will get my 10 placements done this weekend and then maybe spend my time in QP/Arcade from now on and have fun and reduced stress levels

On the flip side if you're a high end diamond player and lose 8 games it hardly makes sense to put them in bronze with does it? And seen as the placement games are against people of a similar standard youd imagine the worst they can put you is the lower end of your previous rank ,otherwise you'll be slaughtering your way back up to diamond

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tbh I'm kind of "done" with trying to wrap my head around this nonsens, I have faith Blizzard will make it better, but I'm not gonna expect anything major anytime soon.

Will get my 10 placements done this weekend and then maybe spend my time in QP/Arcade from now on and have fun and reduced stress levels

Yeah I might only do placements tonight and then leave it till the mercy changes are in.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Roadhog is an absolute joke now.

Impossible to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Did the placement matches this morning. First time doing any competitive matches on overwatch. Won 4 lost 6.

Mainly played Lucio during them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Also won 4, lost 6. Spent most games healing with Lucio/Zen. One was a DC in spawn before the game started, very annoying. Got 2927.

Played with some complete idiots too. A Reinhardt on attack Hanamura who literally spent the entire round charging from the left of the choke to the right and back again.

Not healing once this season now placements are done. DPS/Junkrat. Don't care if I plummet.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

J. Marston wrote: »
    Also won 4, lost 6. Spent most games healing with Lucio/Zen. One was a DC in spawn before the game started, very annoying. Got 2927.

Played with some complete idiots too. A Reinhardt on attack Hanamura who literally spent the entire round charging from the left of the choke to the right and back again.

Not healing once this season now placements are done. DPS/Junkrat. Don't care if I plummet.

haha! Same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

J. Marston wrote: »

Doing my placements now.... everyone is a Junk main.

Doing my placements now.... everyone is a Junk main.

Stupid me for thinking my 100s if junkrat games would be useful, now I don't even get to pick him.

Oh **** I'm a hipster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Eh sorry, he's my Junkrat."

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Completed 5 placements so far, lost four :(

One mic user so far, played solo healer in three, off-healer in one and tank in the last.

Like, those are my most played classes so I'm not too stressed but it'd be nice to have an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The change where you can instantly leave a comp match after you win/lose is great.

Losing and waiting around for the final score screen was always annoying, even if it was only 4-5 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »
    Stupid me for thinking my 100s if junkrat games would be useful, now I don't even get to pick him.

Oh **** I'm a hipster

welcome to the brotherhood, was like that with my reaper.

Played with someone bellend todayt with 395 hours of sym, attack and defence, we go take point they were triying to set up sneaky carwash, stupid player

4 of us gonna give the ranked a lash tonight, first time in an group

Advent you're welcome to join but some of them are bronze so it might not be good for your stress levels :)

Turns out one of the lads is level 21 ffs. sat night RUINED

Deathmathc is a bit of craic. Does it only show your own POTG at the end of each match? Or have I managed to get POTG every game so far :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Deathmathc is a bit of craic. Does it only show your own POTG at the end of each match? Or have I managed to get POTG every game so far :pac:

No it shows others but I've found it's really odd and often displays absolute crap like I saw one where POTG was Torb getting one turret kill (off screen) and the remainder was him trying to kill another char (and not succeeding).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement