Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mercy's "Huge Rez" Achievement (for the chibi spray) has been updated (on PTR) from "Resurrect 4 players at once" to "Resurrect 6 players without dying".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

So two seasons ago I was in ello hell, spend most of last season in it too till i met two others, been playing since, ended in plat, and am in plat this season already. You need at least two others for this game to have a chance of climbing unless you wanna solo imo ( on pc)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

So two seasons ago I was in ello hell, spend most of last season in it too till i met two others, been playing since, ended in plat, and am in plat this season already. You need at least two others for this game to have a chance of climbing unless you wanna solo imo ( on pc)

I'll fix this for you
    i've always been a terrible player, spending most of my seasons in low gold till i met two others who are better than me, boosted all the way to plat, and am now i was boosted this season again. You need at least two others to boost you at all times.

j/k :cool:

for the record, raze has been in plat before! hes a good player..honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I've done better any time I've solo queued. Play 6 games with my discord group last night, lost 4 won 2. Went solo afterwards to finish placements and won the remainder. Ended up 2465 however the fook I've managed it having finished on 1800 and 2200 in previous seasons! Better joy solo queuing for some mad reason.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

madcabbage wrote: »
    I've done better any time I've solo queued. Play 6 games with my discord group last night, lost 4 won 2. Went solo afterwards to finish placements and won the remainder. Ended up 2465 however the fook I've managed it having finished on 1800 and 2200 in previous seasons! Better joy solo queuing for some mad reason.

This is my experience too, I seem to get put in more difficult matches when queuing with a group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

awec wrote: »
    This is my experience too, I seem to get put in more difficult matches when queuing with a group.

If your in a six stack the match making tries to place you against other six stacks, the same goes for all other groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm abandoning Junkrat.

Seriously fun, especially with the buffs but I've got a 38% win with him from 3 hours played this season. Think I only had a 46% win with him last season too with loads of time on him. Probably the reason I've gone from 3300-ish consistently to struggling to get into diamond this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm abandoning Junkrat.

Hi my name is J. Marston and I'm an addict.

First step in recovery bro, one junkrat at a time, we're all supporting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

IvoryTower wrote: »
    4 of us gonna give the ranked a lash tonight, first time in an group

Advent you're welcome to join but some of them are bronze so it might not be good for your stress levels :)

Are you on XBOX? I thought i already had all the xbox people added...

Always up to play and don't care what people's skill level is in QP and Arcade which is what i play 90% of the time.
    Finished placements at 3227 i think so wouldn't be able to queue with bronze in comp unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm abandoning Junkrat.

Dead to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Are you on XBOX? I thought i already had all the xbox people added...

Always up to play and don't care what people's skill level is in QP and Arcade which is what i play 90% of the time.
    Finished placements at 3227 i think so wouldn't be able to queue with bronze in comp unfortunately.

It's Gunnerdrog, that your best ever?

You need 3 or 4 people focusing that fat asshole, Roadhog, to put him down now.

I must have missed a patch. What is different now?

I must have missed a patch. What is different now?

Takes 50% less damage when self healing and can move while healing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He is a complete nuisance, so difficult to kill. IMO he is a bit too strong now and requires a bit too much focus to put down.

Tanks should survivability but not that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

awec wrote:
    He is a complete nuisance, so difficult to kill. IMO he is a bit too strong now and requires a bit too much focus to put down.

He's not capable of doing much killing himself though and has no shields or armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I keep starting my OW sessions planning on some junkrat shenanigans. I only get to play him in about 1 in 10 games though. Often, the team comp lacks tanks and healers so I end up playing Orisa, D.Va or Zen. Other times someone else picks him and it's rarely a good junkrat. I think people will get better with him when they get used to his kit and the beauty of the mayhem that he can create.

That being said, I'm having a great time with Zen. He's a badass mofo and a lot of fun to play. His damage output is crazy and discord really messes people up. Winston is the only character that effectively counters him.
    I've been playing him the most for the past few weeks.

Orisa is also very good on most maps. I thought she was underrated before her buffs but now she's incredibly effective in chokes. Her halt is extremely powerful. I got a potg yesterday by dropping three people into the well on Ilios. Mobile flankers like tracer are a pain though.

awec wrote: »

I find reaper destroys him, Anna nade him, junk can ruin his life. He still goes down quick, just don't fire while he's healing and you are fine

I usually tank, and while I can happily stay in diamond Im kind of tired of tanking every game.

Tried experimenting with sombra last season but people go nuts and it just leads to an instant throw. "you sombra.. you lose"

Trying out healing, and really enjoying playing ana but by god is it hard to keep people happy.

Literally 10k healing at point 2 of derado (second round) and tank goes.."ana you're not healing enough"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Hammered in first 3 games as a group of 4. Won the last one easy then when 2 dropped off. Definitely easier solo for me so. Better craic in a group though so I'll just suck it up

Played lucio or mercy as no one else was gonna do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That being said, I'm having a great time with Zen. He's a badass mofo and a lot of fun to play. His damage output is crazy and discord really messes people up. Winston is the only character that effectively counters him.
    I've been playing him the most for the past few weeks.

A reasonable Tracer will mince Zen with one clip and a good Genji with his dash and reflect available usually puts an end to you as well.

Smacking down bad Tracers though is very satisfying.

For those into or maybe not, the Pro scene. Sinatraa has signed to NRG for a whopping 100k salary!

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20564135/nrg-signs-17-year-old-overwatch-pro-sinatraa-150k

Pretty nuts, NRG have been a shambles since OW started, never fufilling their potential. I'm not really into watchign pro comp matches, be interesting to see how this all works

Sight808 wrote: »
    For those into or maybe not, the Pro scene. Sinatraa has signed to NRG for a whopping 100k salary!

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20564135/nrg-signs-17-year-old-overwatch-pro-sinatraa-150k

Pretty nuts, NRG have been a shambles since OW started, never fufilling their potential. I'm not really into watchign pro comp matches, be interesting to see how this all works

sinaatras tracer is ****ing insane

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

IvoryTower wrote: »
    It's Gunnerdrog, that your best ever?

Oh **** sorry Gunner :pac: We've played QP together a bunch of times.

Hit master last season, and can keep up with that level if i'm on good form but mid diamond is probably a more accurate spot for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Poor Pharah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

What if roadhog's hooks did additional damage depending on the distance to the target?

papu wrote: »
    What if roadhog's hooks did additional damage depending on the distance to the target?

no. **** that bull****. IT annoys me he can throw an anchor further than certain guns can damage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

papu wrote: »

If they had to change the hook the only change I would make is to maybe drop 2/3 seconds off the recharge if you miss your hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sight808 wrote: »

will compete on Nov. 3-4, with its opening match against South Korea, at Blizzard's annual BlizzCon in Anaheim, California.

$150k wasted :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement