Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hungover Solo Queue Comp placements matches was a good way to ruin my Sunday afternoon :o

Still haven't seen a dupe since they rebalanced loot boxes must have opened 60 loot boxes since and now have average 55 cosmetics on all hereos

So.... thats something good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Hungover Solo Queue Comp placements matches was a good way to ruin my Sunday afternoon :o

My placements were horrendous, lost 7 won 3…managed to place gold due to finishing Platinum in S5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Still haven't seen a dupe since they rebalanced loot boxes must have opened 60 loot boxes since and now have average 55 cosmetics on all hereos

I swear I have seen duplicates voice lines recently but they don't register as duplicates...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have gotten a few and on average I only have 23/24 items per char.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't get people in this sometimes. On Nepal, won the first round super easy 100-0 with a normal comp. Then for some reason, everyone changes in the second round and we start with Widow, Hanzo and Torb. Predictably lose the next two rounds 100-0.

Fúcking infuriating.

I had me, a 2-stack and a 3-stack in Comp
    One of the 3-stack started flashing Rhein/Tank and another started flashing Mercy/Healer
    They then locked in Hanzo, Genji and Junkrat uphill on Attack Eichenwald.
    I messaged 2 of the 3 seeing of they would change heroes
    They did not
    Got messages saying "no" and my favourite "no, just watch"
    Myself and the 2 stack tried some patchwork comps to alleviate this burden
    It didn't work
    They picked the same heroes on Defense. We got Rolled.
    Sent some strong words over PSN, then blocked them (hehe). Powered off the Game. Shut off the PS4 and went and played Warhammer.
    I. Just. Can't. Anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is there an xbox boardsie group?

Scraped into diamond. Only did it by healing for about 8 games in a row and winning 7 even though I said I wouldn't anymore.

I can only win consistently when healing but I'm so bored of healing but losing sucks too but I like DPS and that's where I lose mostly. The conundrum!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

J. Marston wrote: »
    Scraped into diamond. Only did it by healing for about 8 games in a row and winning 7 even though I said I wouldn't anymore.

I can only win consistently when healing but I'm so bored of healing but losing sucks too but I like DPS and that's where I lose mostly. The conundrum!

Just do it man, take the hit and grind back by learning dps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

J. Marston wrote: »

Better off enjoying a low score, its just an e-penis. Wouldn't you prefer enjoying Comp more?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Close enough game on Numbani Defense, we have a Sym who is doing a decent job, nothing stellar but perfectly servicable. They get to just past the underpass before the last point where we hold until the end. Switches to Attack and our (thoroughly mediocre) Soldier starts mouthing off at Sym who has chosen her again for the first point. Dude continues tilting hard until he's politely asked to stop by the rest of the team. "Fine I don't push then." And he starts idling just outside spawn. We fail to take the first point and post-game when our entire team asks for him to be reported he replies "Keeping talking. No ones listening. Noobs".

Perma-banning would be too good for the little prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sight808 wrote: »
    Just do it man, take the hit and grind back by learning dps.

It's not about learning dps it's about trusting that there are other people out there that can play heals properly and you know what, there's not as many as you might think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's not about learning dps it's about trusting that there are other people out there that can play heals properly and you know what, there's not as many as you might think.
    Or the usual 3/4 "DPS" characters (I use that vaguely as it includes the incompetent Hanzo, the wannabie Pharah who spends more time on the ground than in the air etc.) locked in the first second of the game...

Nody wrote: »
    Or the usual 3/4 "DPS" characters (I use that vaguely as it includes the incompetent Hanzo, the wannabie Pharah who spends more time on the ground than in the air etc.) locked in the first second of the game...

Don't most high level pharahs stay low a lot of the time? As with good DPS, you're a sitting duck.

I've become reasonably good shooting down Parahs or their Mercy using Zen. Its a great feeling to take out a Pharah

Nody wrote: »

Don't most high level pharahs stay low a lot of the time? As with good DPS, you're a sitting duck.

I've become reasonably good shooting down Parahs or their Mercy using Zen. Its a great feeling to take out a Pharah

Better off enjoying a low score, its just an e-penis. Wouldn't you prefer enjoying Comp more?

True. I'll use this season as fun DPS practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm either done with the game, or enjoying this season's comp my way, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The other night I was playing and kinda harshly placed the controller down. Unknowingly hit R2, then X when I picked it up

Had all settings reset to default. Everything like.

Over a years worth of fine tuning gone and no way to roll back on it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The other night I was playing and kinda harshly placed the controller down. Unknowingly hit R2, then X when I picked it up

Had all settings reset to default. Everything like.

Over a years worth of fine tuning gone and no way to roll back on it

I did that. Different mapping and sensitivities for all carachters gone :/

Pain to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Is there an xbox boardsie group?

Not sure if there's a designated group but there's a few of us who play a lot - add me (GT is Adventagious) if you haven't already and are looking for a body to play with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Placements so far done 6 with 4 wins and 2 losses.

1 of the wins was a very narrow one, 5m left for them to push payload. I rush out of spawn, hit a rez, 2 team mates up so we can contest, 1 ults and we manage to win. I love tight games like that :D

We had a few last night that were horrific to play with, a mercy & lucio that didnt do much healing. A rein/bastion combo that just hadnt a clue what they were doing and all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did my placements on Friday, won 5 lost 5, got 1998 (placed bromze last season). Didn't play again until sunday evening, played for a few hours finishing up with a 79% win rate on my main with an SR just shy of 2300.

Hopped on last night, lost 5 in a row. :rolleyes:

Probably won't have the time to push for plat this season with Destiny 2 coming out, so might just have a bit of fun this evening playing dps only.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not bothering with my rank this season, I cared too much last season and it just got frustrating. Seem to be a lot more unlucky this season with bad teams too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The way my Pharah thinking goes, I'm staying high but ducking out from behind cover (wall edges & protrusions) - my advantage when flying is that I'm not automatically visible to players scanning the ground.
    I also vary my height by boosting up, then using gravity to fall again - staying up with hover is too slow & inviting death.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did my placements on Friday, won 5 lost 5, got 1998 (placed bromze last season). Didn't play again until sunday evening, played for a few hours finishing up with a 79% win rate on my main with an SR just shy of 2300.

Hopped on last night, lost 5 in a row. :rolleyes:

Probably won't have the time to push for plat this season with Destiny 2 coming out, so might just have a bit of fun this evening playing dps only.

Aye D2 may take a little chunk out of my Overwatch time too...

Don't most high level pharahs stay low a lot of the time?

The closer you are, the quicker your rocket travel time is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Lost 7 won 3 placed 2880 go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Aye D2 may take a little chunk out of my Overwatch time too...

You playing it on Xbox? If so myself and the lads have a clan if you want to stick your name down.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=1687439

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Lost 7 won 3 placed 2880 go figure

Didn't you finish up around 3k last time? I'd have expected a bigger drop based on that W/L tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement