Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Didn't you finish up around 3k last time? I'd have expected a bigger drop based on that W/L tbh

Finished 3040.

I expected gold off them results

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

But even if you were 2k and lost 10 straight games and didn't hit jack $hit in those 10 games, you'd still not lose 1k SR and fall to Gold.

They realised pretty quick fast that off-season had absolutely no value, why they cannot apply the same to 10 placement games is beyond me.

Even 6 would be understandably tolerable, and with the current updates, feasible in 1 sitting. I could swallow that pill.

But 10 games makes it a 2-day affair with my sodium levels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Most people seem to be up on previous seasons with this current sr system. I do find however you tend to lose alot more games off the bat after placements, win streaks are hard to come by.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Placement matches seem pretty pointless tbh, no matter how bad or good you do it seems to put you pretty close to whatever SR you finished last season on. Though I suppose it's better than them placing you 400 below your final SR like last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Another surprise here...

Had a season high of 2711 last season. Finished slightly over 2600.

After losing 7 out of 10 placement matches I expected Gold or worse, but got 2551.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Having a great time reporting pricks on mic and throwers.

Probably achieves nothing but it's nice to have an outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

They are essentially just 10 matches so

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don't think winning / losing placement matches makes much difference, I think it's more with how you do individually as your hero relative to other players with the same hero who are roughly at your level.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I've seen people on reddit say you're better off picking a dps you're good with and trying to get gold medals in every match rather than trying to flex/win (whether that's actually true I can't say). Added bonus is you can be that guy who says "but but I have gold elims and damage so this makes me beyond criticisim"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Started out 1740 sr. Currently 1411. Have only won like 2 matches since I did the placements

• Advertisement

I cannot wait for D.Va's nerf. Surprised her ridiculous DM lasted as long as it did.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I cannot wait for D.Va's nerf. Surprised her ridiculous DM lasted as long as it did.

I main D:VA so am kind of dreading it, but being able to shoot and boost could very well make up for it. Pharah is not going to have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

As an aggressive D.Va main, I can't wait for her buff!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've heard the DM is getting buffed again on PTR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

There was nothing wrong with DM and D.Va with the nerf is in pilot mode far to often, plus her team suffers. The problem was DPS not knowing how to work around it i.e. demech her or wait till its depleted. Honestly seeing a reaper jump into a group containing a D.va and expecting his ult to get kills was daft. Coordination in a team can easily bait it out.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I main D:VA so am kind of dreading it, but being able to shoot and boost could very well make up for it. Pharah is not going to have a good time.

So many still learning to deal with her on PTR you can honestly melt some of the 200 and lower HP heroes. But I am sure that will change on live. Plus the hitscan + projectile aiming only works if they are dumb enough to stand still.
    WarpAsylum wrote: »
    As an aggressive D.Va main, I can't wait for her buff!;)

It is fun and DM now is only for Ults or selfish reasons. But with her crit box she is out of mech before you know it if she gets focused by 2 or more. She is no longer a tank, more like a dive bomber a squishy one but still very capable of melting faces. Of course building her Ult is super fast now too. Playing PTR pretty much every team fight involves a D.Va bomb from one or both sides.

I've heard the DM is getting buffed again on PTR?

Recharge time is going down to around 8 seconds. But I would expect more changes before she goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I play dVa a fair bit. I'not very skilled with her but I can shut down too many ults and bastion just by spamming DM. It feels a bit too easy for such a large payoff. I mean, cancelling ults with a right-click is a bit ridiculous.

Hell, you could theoretically cancel multiple ults at the same time if you get very lucky. Imagine swallowing a zaria ult just as a mcree and soldier coordinate their ults with her in close proximity? Unlikely but technically possible.

Was just on a team with an 8 year old who was in diamond at 3100.

That's impressive, yeah? I was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Starting the new season where I started - Gold, 2449 SR. I might get lucky & climb to Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

2183, won 2. Played them all with 1-3 friends most of which noob's so was understandable. No mercy either who's my strongest. Let the grind begin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dvas dm just shut down way too much. A good rein and a dva with a supporting Anna can pretty much hold a choke themselves. It needed to be cut shorter and thankfully it has been. I wouldn't mind but mini diva when you do demeched her can be a bitch to deal with too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Has Dva's pistol been buffed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Grayditch wrote: »
    Has Dva's pistol been buffed?

Does it really need to be buffed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't know. I'm only asking because some lad was absolutely ruining me out of mech yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

This game is impossible if you're a healer, people complain you don't heal them enough... or you get focused.

Really enjoying playing as Ana though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sight808 wrote: »
    This game is impossible if you're a healer, people complain you don't heal them enough... or you get focused.

Playing Ana gets on my tits. There's always some other person getting in your LOS who you're not trying to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sight808 wrote: »

Look I'm sorry if you are the player who decides team fights, but I have to kill you quickly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Playing Ana gets on my tits. There's always some other person getting in your LOS who you're not trying to heal.

I've hit a few boostios but I've got my scopped/unscopped acc up to 70%.

My worst moment as Ana...Lucio got between me and rein just as I hit q... Nano lucio I mean wtf :)

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't know. I'm only asking because some lad was absolutely ruining me out of mech yesterday.

Not seen anything saying it has but I do find her pistol excellent, then again it needs to be to get her meka back :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement