Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I genuinely can't wait for it to be gone. I hate Mercys rez so freakin much.

Ha, yeah i get that but

The feeling...

When you swoop in and

HEROS NEVER DIE

(while shouting down the mic NOT ON MY WATCH)

Its like a drug

So yeah i suppose Valkyre will be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ha, yeah i get that but

The feeling...

When you swoop in and

HEROS NEVER DIE

(while shouting down the mic NOT ON MY WATCH)

Its like a drug

So yeah i suppose Valkyre will be good too.

One char SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO nulify multiple ults, It's a broken system, dva at least needs to be in the front line with her cunty DM, mercy just hide

One char SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO nulify multiple ults, It's a broken system, dva at least needs to be in the front line with her cunty DM, mercy just hide

You're taking my reply too seriously :)

You're taking my reply too seriously :)

I know it's just sometyhing i loathe, like she flies in, is unkillable, raises her team which are unkillable for like a second

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've seen it swing games far too much. I dunno, I'm interested to see this new way anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Playin through placements with 2nd account now. Won 5 outta 6 so far.
    (Account was placed in Plat last year, I expect at least Plat if I've already won 5/6)

I wish I could go on streaks like this during the actual seasons

Just played a game with a genji, the other team had zarya and a winston, shockingly our genji died a lot, didnt swap off. yeah mate imma solo heal as mercy and fly into winston and zarya for you

Grayditch wrote:
    I've seen it swing games far too much. I dunno, I'm interested to see this new way anyway.

I think without the incentive to hide its going to be great. The most fun i have with Mercy is flying from person to person frantically top up healing during a fire fight. Throw in the odd single rez to that and i dont see how it can be bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think without the incentive to hide its going to be great. The most fun i have with Mercy is flying from person to person frantically top up healing during a fire fight. Throw in the odd single rez to that and i dont see how it can be bad.
    *Pops Valkyrie mode for first time* "Oh cool I can fly around, look at me guys!"
    *Team all screaming for healing*
    "Hey Ana boost me so I can go combat Mercy!"
    *Team bitching in chat from spawn about Mercy mains after the Valkyrie change*

Playin through placements with 2nd account now. Won 5 outta 6 so far.
    (Account was placed in Plat last year, I expect at least Plat if I've already won 5/6)

I wish I could go on streaks like this during the actual seasons

Update : Game makes no sense

Account #1 : (Lvl 280) Season 5 - placed low gold - climbed to Plat , Season 6 : Placed in Plat (6/10
    Account #2 : (Lvl 40) Season 5 - placed Plat , stayed more or less there , Season 6 : Placed in Gold (6/10)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

is it not all about how you perform though in comparison to other players who use the same characters, rather than the wins

Anyway I continued to free-fall to 2014sr, one loss from silver, had a crisis meeting with myself and decided to look at my stats(for the first time lol). Anyway Rein & Winston were just over 50% so I've decided to pick one of them soon as I enter a game, Ill still switch to healer if we're really stuck but for the most part there's not enough tanks anyway. Got back up to 2170 including winning every game this morning for about 6 in a row! was nearly gonna call in sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

IvoryTower wrote: »
    is it not all about how you perform though in comparison to other players who use the same characters, rather than the wins

Anyway I continued to free-fall to 2014sr, one loss from silver, had a crisis meeting with myself and decided to look at my stats(for the first time lol). Anyway Rein & Winston were just over 50% so I've decided to pick one of them soon as I enter a game, Ill still switch to healer if we're really stuck but for the most part there's not enough tanks anyway. Got back up to 2170 including winning every game this morning for about 6 in a row! was nearly gonna call in sick.

Fair play, at least you know you've got a few characters where you can really influence the outcome of the game.

Nothing wrong with playing what you're best at, especially if you also do your bit flexing to healer when nobody else will.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just got my Korean flatmate to play my account back up to 2502SR :pac:

Fair play, at least you know you've got a few characters where you can really influence the outcome of the game.

Nothing wrong with playing what you're best at, especially if you also do your bit flexing to healer when nobody else will.

Had to play mercy this morning in one, no tanks, myself, symetra and the usuals, dunno how we won :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

tell him soo-go-hess-aw-yo :cool: (means 'you worked hard')

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Back up to or up to? Big difference especially for your teammates.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Back up to or up to? Big difference especially for your teammates.

Season start: 2449

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For the console players, info on the most/least popular picks this season...

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/09/overwatch-hero-meta-report-console-sep.html

Junkrat's genius is finally recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

J. Marston wrote: »

give mcCree 2 flashbangs and a faster ult and fan the hammer does more damage watch him jump up the ranks too. nonsense buff the rat got

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Season start: 2449

Gotta work at it this season as you'll lose your shiny plat badge :)

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    give mcCree 2 flashbangs and a faster ult and fan the hammer does more damage watch him jump up the ranks too. nonsense buff the rat got

I actually do believe that mcrees flashbang should be like genjis blade bull****, get a kill insta available again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Isn't Junkrat's Ult slower to build up now,though?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Isn't Junkrat's Ult slower to build up now,though?

can be got in under one minute, fastest ive seen is about 30 odd seconds

Are you playing on console or PC out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

fixxxer wrote:
    Are you playing on console or PC out of curiosity?

Console hovering between high plat/diamond right now.

My point was more that any hero who got the level of buff junkrat got would shoot up the popularity ranks, just pulled mcCree out of the air as an example.

I imagine one of the ways they try to keep people interested in the game is constant buffing of ****ty characters, i doubt very much if they found a perfect balance they'd want to stick with it

Console hovering between high plat/diamond right now.

My point was more that any hero who got the level of buff junkrat got would shoot up the popularity ranks, just pulled mcCree out of the air as an example.

I was just thinking what would work for Mc Cree on console. I find the pad very hard to use for his flick shots and the kind of accuracy he requires so it was along those lines I would have looked at changes.

J. Marston wrote: »

He's got an even HIGHER usage & win ratio on PC! :pac:
    http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/09/overwatch-hero-meta-report-pc-september.html

However, this is kinda good for me since Pharah > Junkrat.

Never seen him picked on Korean servers before the buff, after it he turns up in about 66% of games I'd say.

But....in saying that...they started picking him just before the buff was announced due to the performances of that Korean guy during the World Cup.
    Watch Korea vs Austria on King's Row defense...you'll see why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

His popularity has also meant that trap mines outside spawn are rarely successful anymore. Everyone is wary of the Rat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement