Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

For those of you against competitive modes... you realise it will fix the problems your complaining about, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wish Hanzos knew they could stop a clock by putting one TOE IN THE OBJECTIVE, just until more people arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

For those of you against competitive modes... you realise it will fix the problems your complaining about, right?

Haven't heard anyone be against competitive mode, it's the exact reason I can't wait for it so I don't have to put up with 2 widow makers while on attack blizzard have their ranking system locked in after Heroes of the storm hopefully too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Patch Notes are out:

McCree
    • Alternate Fire damage reduced from 70 to 45 per shot
    • In return, McCree will start reloading after an empty magazine slightly faster, by .45 seconds

Widowmaker
    • Slightly lower base damage, 15 to 12
    • More damage from headshots, around 25% more
    • No more quickly hopping between scoped and non-scoped, players can only re-enter scoped mode after the unscoping animation has finished
    • Infra-Sight was also nerfed, and now takes 10% more charge to load up

Mercy
    • Mercy no longer charges her ultimate by boosting characters that are hitting shields, which will result in less frequent Resurections overall

Found this on Gosu Gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

D.Va buffs when? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    D.Va buffs when? :(

They said it was going to take longer to balance her, and that they might either buff her survivability or damage, but not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyone explain how the competitive mode works ?

Is it a game-mode...you can only have 1 of any character per team ? If so...how does it decide who gets it if 2 people want said char.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Turrets are a load of shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Anyone explain how the competitive mode works ?

Is it a game-mode...you can only have 1 of any character per team ? If so...how does it decide who gets it if 2 people want said char.

In a competitive mode you'll be matched with people around your skill level. And they'll want to win rather than just piss about. So if you're good enough to know that doubling up is a bad idea the people you're matched with probably will be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Shiminay wrote: »
    Patch Notes are out:

McCree
    • Alternate Fire damage reduced from 70 to 45 per shot
    • In return, McCree will start reloading after an empty magazine slightly faster, by .45 seconds

Widowmaker
    • Slightly lower base damage, 15 to 12
    • More damage from headshots, around 25% more
    • No more quickly hopping between scoped and non-scoped, players can only re-enter scoped mode after the unscoping animation has finished
    • Infra-Sight was also nerfed, and now takes 10% more charge to load up

Mercy
    • Mercy no longer charges her ultimate by boosting characters that are hitting shields, which will result in less frequent Resurections overall

Found this on Gosu Gamers.

So headshots do MORE dmage when we have hitboxs the size of a moon for heads. How is that a sensible move?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Headshots do the same damage, 300.

The damage from a fully charged shot has been downgraded from 150 to 120. The headshots multiplier has gone from 2x to 2.5x. 2 x 150 is the same as 2.5 x 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

J. Marston wrote: »
    Turrets are a load of shít.

Absolutely hate turrets. The stupid amount of damage they do is ridiculous and at least you can sneak up on a Bastion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Headshots do the same damage, 300.

The damage from a fully charged shot has been downgraded from 150 to 120. The headshots multiplier has gone from 2x to 2.5x. 2 x 150 is the same as 2.5 x 120.

Tracers might stand a chance now!

In a competitive mode you'll be matched with people around your skill level. And they'll want to win rather than just piss about. So if you're good enough to know that doubling up is a bad idea the people you're matched with probably will be too.

When does this go live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Honestly turrets just melt if you can pick them off as Widow? Anyway can you all leave your names and systems to get groups going from boards? Sick of pub groups.

Mine is

DeadlyByDesign1
    PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

DeadlyByDesign1 PS4

The_Liamur PS4

People posted names much earlier in the thread.

Also here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057606309

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

SeantheMan wrote: »
    When does this go live ?

'Late June' is all that's known atm. More details closer to it going live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Already on PC it seems, console will have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pity they havn't been more open about the specifics. I'm already on the wane a bit with OW waiting on competitive to arrive. I'm coming on to play with friends, but if I know a group isn't online playing I don't bother myself. The general play is fine and fun, but really eager for Competitive to come on board as I've kinda got to grips with the champ pool I'm going to play.

Hopefully Blizz have some lessons learned from other games like LoL etc., and this doesn't turn out to be a TOXIC community. With it being a FPS think there is a greater chance to carry a game harder with skill and make up for poor teams.

I'm assuming there will be a solo competitive along with a premade option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Do you reckon the caliber of play and group comp will be better in ranked? I hope so, everyone seems to think that this will be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Do you reckon the caliber of play and group comp will be better in ranked? I hope so, everyone seems to think that this will be the case.

It undoubtedly will be.

I'm not even gonna touch it until I'm accustomed with all toons. Don't want to be left in a situation where I'm stuck playing with one I'm not fully familiar with.

As for it making the community toxic, well I've already seen it drift in that direction unfortunately; even in non-ranked matches. Hell, even in matches against AI there has definitely been an increase in abuse and people trolling in-game

Was playing a match a couple of nights ago and some guy playing as Symettra had his teleporter set up so that players using it would fall off a ledge when they passed through it. Funny at first but got old real quick.

It undoubtedly will be.

I'm not even gonna touch it until I'm accustomed with all toons. Don't want to be left in a situation where I'm stuck playing with one I'm not fully familiar with.

As for it making the community toxic, well I've already seen it drift in that direction unfortunately; even in non-ranked matches. Hell, even in matches against AI there has definitely been an increase in abuse and people trolling in-game

Was playing a match a couple of nights ago and some guy playing as Symettra had his teleporter set up so that players using it would fall off a ledge when they passed through it. Funny at first but got old real quick.

evilest.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

It undoubtedly will be.

I was playing as her for the first time last night. Accidentally placed the teleporter in our spawn. Felt like such a goon. Pretty sure it lost us the game as it was near the end of the match and we were just about to push the payload to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Symettra can essentially push better, albeit limited tactics on her team if they're being archway fodder repeating the same mistakes over and over. Sneaking in a teleporter behind enemy lines on the attack can be really effective. Or even just putting it at a route people are ignoring.

The problem is she's not great at sneaking in behind said lines like Pharah, Genji or Reaper could.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Getting put into games late is annoying. Actually got thrown into one just as "Defeat" was splashed across the screen.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Getting put into games late is annoying. Actually got thrown into one just as "Defeat" was splashed across the screen.

git gud son :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

bugs wrote: »
    Already on PC it seems, console will have to wait.

Nope not yet, no competitive mode anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nope not yet, no competitive mode anywhere

I was talking about the patch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Have to say I'm really digging Roadhog atm; had a game with 17 successful hooks, 51% hit rate overall and it's great to hook and kill Tracer :P. Only question I got for more experienced players is for smaller targets (i.e. Tracer, Soldier 71 etc.) do you use the alt fire or the main fire? Reason I ask is Main fire tend to scatter around them so I was thinking the alt. fire might work better to get that final killing blow once they are pulled in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement