Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

2nd account now at that most precarious of positions...the 1 win away from promotion.
    2479 ...so 1 win will do.
    But we all know what is most likely to happen :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    2nd account now at that most precarious of positions...the 1 win away from promotion.
    2479 ...so 1 win will do.
    But we all know what is most likely to happen :(

I remember being in a position similar to that... I won the match but only got 19 sr :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does everyone have multiple accounts? Feels like that when I'm playing with easily recognisable smurfs and people on mic saying "Well, I'm Master/GM on my other account..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does everyone have multiple accounts? Feels like that when I'm playing with easily recognisable smurfs and people on mic saying "Well, I'm Master/GM on my other account..."

loads do, some use them for warm ups, get tracking etc in, the bots aint good for actual in game. I know kepharii and loads of top end guys do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

just set up a second profile on your xbox is it?

• Advertisement

My original reason was because my main account was mostly soldier and winston and Reaper etc.
    I never got to try or play as Widow, Zen, Hanzo , Genji etc without being moaned at (prob rightfully so). And if I started trying them at a gold/plat level at lvl200 I could imagine the abuse I'd get.

So I got a new acct ...also to play mostly US....but after lvl5...ended up just going back to my main chars anyways.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    just set up a second profile on your xbox is it?

Yeah you can do that, presumably PS4 is the same. On PC you have to buy the game again though as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

His popularity has also meant that trap mines outside spawn are rarely successful anymore. Everyone is wary of the Rat.

Cant say that I agree, most junks run up to the door right in front of the enemy. I always approach from the side and they almost never see me, no what generally happens is I snare a tank but I still get a insta 20% ult charge.

On many maps I have great little trap spots a bit away from the spawn to enemy team are now looking.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah you can do that, presumably PS4 is the same. On PC you have to buy the game again though as far as I know.

Yep. 2nd copy of the game is needed.
    New blizzard account

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Never seen him picked on Korean servers before the buff, after it he turns up in about 66% of games I'd say.

But....in saying that...they started picking him just before the buff was announced due to the performances of that Korean guy during the World Cup.
    Watch Korea vs Austria on King's Row defense...you'll see why.

With D.Va's Matrix nerf, he's going to be super strong vs the other tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

jcd5971 wrote: »
    give mcCree 2 flashbangs and a faster ult and fan the hammer does more damage watch him jump up the ranks too. nonsense buff the rat got

McCree flashbang was buffed and ult made faster already tho.

Got 21 on the button. Up to 2500 :D
    Prob just gonna leave that one where it is :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

RGDATA! wrote: »
    McCree flashbang was buffed and ult made faster already tho.

the buff isnt enough though, I really think the cool down reset would bring him back to a viable place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

With the recent changes implemented by Blizzard it became obvious that it's no longer about balance but about control. Junkrat did not need a buff but Blizzard needed a meta shift which kinda spoiled the way the game was being run from my perspective.

I like the idea of constantly buffing to balance rather than nerfing though

the buff isnt enough though, I really think the cool down reset would bring him back to a viable place

On console maybe ?

He's too strong as a dueller in on PC in everything but super High Level competitive play.

They haven't done any console specific balancing since Torbjorn and Symmetra, have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Playing after work is pointless, nearly at plat with just ana, lost a ball of sr, crap dps... crap tanks.

a rein chasing after a genji when an ulting mccree swans out in front of him ...

Is there ever a good time to play or is it just luck. I came home from a root canal treatment there and lost 200sr...lost every game, pure drug induced stubborness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Junkrat can kiss my shiny metal ass.

Went from 2014sr to 1900 in 3 games
    Pure salty crap

• Advertisement

Awesome D.Va skin.....in HOTS

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/908766540652199936

Would be great if they released it for Halloween in Overwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Awesome D.Va skin.....in HOTS

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/908766540652199936

Would be great if they released it for Halloween in Overwatch.

Don't see why they wouldn't.

My new angle is lock into whoever i want, with 2 seconds to start if we've no healer I'll switch. Let them sweat, someone might switch before me. At gold level if you manage to have 2 tanks and 2 support it feels like youre almost certain to win, but it's very rare, for me anyway

I've started to instantly mute French people.

Seriously, what the fúck is their problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Any one see the contenders games last night? Triple tank comps back by the looks of one or two rounds I saw.

My new angle is lock into whoever i want, with 2 seconds to start if we've no healer I'll switch. Let them sweat, someone might switch before me. At gold level if you manage to have 2 tanks and 2 support it feels like youre almost certain to win, but it's very rare, for me anyway

Ended up mercy 3 games in a row after saying this lol I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ended up mercy 3 games in a row after saying this lol I give up

If you don't wanna play Mercy just don't play Mercy, if we need a healer I'll play Zen, if we have a Zen I tank. No two ways about it.

Eventually someone who is okay with playing Mercy will play Mercy, or someone will switch to Lucio/Zen (if you prefer Lucio), or you'll clean up and won't need another healer.

Life's too short, and the community's too toxic to play someone you don't want to

Yeah I think you're right. I'm going back to pharah main everyone can get ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Came back to OW after a week of binge-ing Destiny2 and can happily confirm OW is still the game for me.

Missed those bright colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Destiny is down for maintenance tonight so I think I'll jump back on OW and finish my placements at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement