Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I think the morning time on week days is the best time to play comp, not that it would suit many of us. I played 3 games this morning and won them all, last week I won 6 in a row in the morning as well, I cant get close to anything like that in the evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When does D.Va's nerf go live? Absolutely sick of permanent Defence Matrix bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote: »
    When does D.Va's nerf go live? Absolutely sick of permanent Defence Matrix bullshít.

Junkertown is going live tomorrow so in theory the Dva & Mercy changes should go live then too, although as usual all changes from the PTR may not make it into the final update.

Really looking forward to playing this new Mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

And what do you main so we can make up some BS about one of their abilities :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Really enjoying the deathmatch feature. Massive satisfaction winning as Lucio and booping people off the map. TURN IT UPPPPPPPP

• Advertisement

kayos wrote: »
    And what do you main so we can make up some BS about one of their abilities :)

Don't main anyone anymore. Been flipping between Zen, Orisa, Tracer and Junkrat recently.

About a week and a half of being between 3100-3200 and then a huge losing streak to bring me down to 2888.

So many French tilters.

Set up my first smurf account cause my level went over 1000sr from a couple of friends, not gonna use any of my mains on that account. Cant wait to be a **** tracer!

This new map is great, loving the new character tweaks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

fixxxer wrote: »
    This new map is great, loving the new character tweaks as well.

Agreed , reminds me of team fortress 2. Didn't get a chance to play mercy, but it was nuts seeing rez's going off nearly every team fight.

• Advertisement

Got 18 resurrect's in my first mercy game, In comp as well lol

I thinks she's way op but I love it. Suits me perfectly. Just solo q'd and won 3 in a row, that never happens to me after work! Absolutely steamrolled the other team in 2 games

D.Va got some wonky rockets instead of her defense matrix? wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

D.Va got some wonky rockets instead of her defense matrix? wtf?

Welcome back PJ, the year is 2047, and Overwatch as you know it has been changed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Do we feel that Mercy is now going to be a default must pick?

Went from about 2340 to 2495 last night with relative ease, I would say she is, at gold level they don't kill her enough so she's beast. Not sure how it will be at higher levels

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

As a D.va and a Soldier main, I’ll both miss, and won’t at all miss her Matrix time. I’ve experienced the joy and the frustration of eating ults, and having my ult eaten.

Had a few quick games as I got home late night. Absolutely pummelled the other team playing D.va. This rework seems to perfectly suit my (and other aggressive D.va player’s) playing style. It kind of “fills the gaps” in an aggressive style.

Lots of fun anyway :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I cannot wait to play as the new mercy now :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I cannot wait to play as the new mercy now :D

It's great! I always liked to be in the thick of it with Mercy, never hid for a rez or saved my rez until everyone was dead. Im playing the same as before only every now and again I can rez someone, then the ult is amazing. Rez someone just before you use it, then you get it back straight away, then a few seconds later you get it again, you can rez 3-4 people one after the other if it works out well.

If the round is nearly over and you need to get to the point quickly ive used it to fly there and get a quick rez rather than not making it there at all and the round ending.

Her fleutering about flying during her ult is a bit wierd to control, but the faster guardian angel is amazing. Managing to get off a rez, ult, rez, rez is tough but super satisfying if you manage it

As a side, it's great being Roadhog now with a Mercy in every team :D

• Advertisement

Mercy ult and Orisa ult together must be capable of outputting crazy damage boosts. Blue streams everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is anyone playing now? I'm sick of random queuing with a bunch of degenerates. i'm usually 2.5K- 2.7k rating and i'm fluctuating between 1.9-2.1K now.

I can Mercy or Pharah main

PC

Is anyone playing now? I'm sick of random queuing with a bunch of degenerates. i'm usually 2.5K- 2.7k rating and i'm fluctuating between 1.9-2.1K now.

I can Mercy or Pharah main

PC

Have a discord with a few people https://discord.gg/27jyxhS

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Have a discord with a few people https://discord.gg/27jyxhS

TY

Really impressive fan created character that someone posted to the official forums. Even got compliments from Jeff Kaplan.

https://goo.gl/xoTkrE

A competition for fans to create a character would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Really impressive fan created character that someone posted to the official forums. Even got compliments from Jeff Kaplan.

https://goo.gl/xoTkrE

A competition for fans to create a character would be cool.

That was pretty great - impressive little project they put together!

Character style and abilities are fairly on point for Overwatch, fair play.

Got up to platinum this morning and then had a quitter in the next game so back down again. That'll do for a while I reckon going to work on getting my smurf up to lvl 25. Using mostly Lucio and Zarya so far, might try some Zenyetta as well. The games are hilarious so far, pure madness and non stop feeding

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

IvoryTower wrote: »
    It's great! I always liked to be in the thick of it with Mercy, never hid for a rez or saved my rez until everyone was dead. Im playing the same as before only every now and again I can rez someone, then the ult is amazing. Rez someone just before you use it, then you get it back straight away, then a few seconds later you get it again, you can rez 3-4 people one after the other if it works out well.

If the round is nearly over and you need to get to the point quickly ive used it to fly there and get a quick rez rather than not making it there at all and the round ending.

I went against the training bots yesterday with her. I like it but the flying is weird to control and hard to get used to at the moment.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I went against the training bots yesterday with her. I like it but the flying is weird to control and hard to get used to at the moment.

I just fly up and over and back really to avoid getting hit, i never bother shooting anyone with mercy, there are times I probably should but I find it works best for me if i concentrate on healing 99% of the time, the odd power boost.I like to boost pharah but it depends on how good the player is, quite often its not worth leaving the team to boost some cabbage

• Advertisement

I need to start checking who's on the other team each time i die and figure out what ults are coming etc. There's nothing worse than the whole team being wiped out by Zarya and just thinking WHHHHY didnt i know that was coming

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement