Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Finally back in plat, took a while as Ana.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Tried new Mercy, didn't like it. Will remain a Zen main I think.

New D.Va is great, I was already an aggressive D.Va so some boosted damage when I'm diving healers is unreal. Using the mini missiles while flying and shooting normally too works out very powerful. Pretty crap damage fall off though.

Came 3rd in FFA with Zen yesterday, pipped for second with a very late kill. Proudest moment was leading by 3 kills early on, had a few absolute pingers.

And Junkertown is savage! I'm unbeaten on it after about 8 games but that's unrelated, I think its a very interesting map, quite hectic all over the place. The final point just wrecks my head. Attack Zarya/D.Va and Defense Winston is working out well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

D.Va on both teams, seems like of every 3 or 4 seconds...

"Beng!"
    "Beng!"
    "Beng!"
    "Beng!"
    "Beng!"

They went too far with Junkrat. Needs to be nerfed again, in my opinion.

He's an essential DPS now with an ult that more or less guarantees one kill, if not more.

J. Marston wrote: »
    They went too far with Junkrat. Needs to be nerfed again, in my opinion.

He's an essential DPS now with an ult that more or less guarantees one kill, if not more.

He's very Spammy, reminds me of the demo man in tf2 but worse. If they reduced his ult charge time a little it would help, you can clock two tires pretty quickly, almost every two pushes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Love a good Pharah shut down

https://youtu.be/4RjBgFqgPbo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I play with tracer in every skirmish in the hope one day I'll be good with her, I definitely won't

Same with me and McCree. Never gonna happen.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I play with tracer in every skirmish in the hope one day I'll be good with her, I definitely won't

There are some heroes that just don't work with my brain. Tracer and Genji are feckin impossible to play as.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Man I've underrated Reaper.... No idea why but I always avoid using him etc etc. Dusted him off last night and coming out gold dmg and elims on the four games I used him. He's obviously limited in open maps and when there's a Pharah but man on the close maps he's so satisfying.

• Advertisement

Tracer and Genji work for me somehow, probably low gold standard, even silver though. Used to getting a decent amount of elims however.

GF plays a 2350 Tracer, which isn't bad considering its her first fps.

Man I've underrated Reaper.... No idea why but I always avoid using him etc etc. Dusted him off last night and coming out gold dmg and elims on the four games I used him. He's obviously limited in open maps and when there's a Pharah but man on the close maps he's so satisfying.

Reaper is unreal when played well, the amount of times I've switched to D.Va to DM shutdown one is crazy, such a pitiful tactic but it works.

Finally won a deathmatch as tracer. After 2 seasons finally getting the hang of her.

Sight808 wrote: »
    Finally won a deathmatch as tracer. After 2 seasons finally getting the hang of her.

That's the dream

Any tips

New mercy really has made fights strange. The flow is really stuttery or something.

That's the dream

Any tips

I'm only Plat so I'm no pro, but most mistakes I see people make are, they use their blinks too much and rewind as soon as they take a little bit of damage.

Ideally, save your blinks for when you engage with an enemy, no point wasting them trying to get there (unless it's too contest point in overtime)

use your blinks to get close to people and clip them in the head. My approach, see enemy player... blink right (never straight at them) shoot, strafe, blink past them, turn shoot, (reload while strafing), blink again, strafe, shoot... and so on until I down them or i take too much damage, then I will rewind and get out of town. If you do it right you should always have a blink to spare.

Also, avoid getting close to mcree (if he has his flash bang), junk, genji, phara, rein, mei and the number person to avoid, hanzo. scatter will put you down and he can one shot you from close range. People say winston is a hard counter but you can stay alive a lot longer at close range than any of the others imo.

I just focus the healers, soldier (he cant do much close range), dva and hog are ult chargers, reaper can be an easy pick. Also number one target should be zen, you can one clip him and take away a bunch of damage/healing.

As far as pulse bombs, nobody ever combines ults at plat so forget about using it with zarya combo. Sticking can be hit or miss, I find if people don't know that you are there they will make a unpredictable movement you weren't expecting.

Basically.. get close. aim for head.. empty clip...

fixxxer wrote: »
    New mercy really has made fights strange. The flow is really stuttery or something.

No longer do early picks start a big push

I'd love to know the stats on Junkrat's buffed ult.

I can't remember the last time I saw it get destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'd love to know the stats on Junkrat's buffed ult.

I can't remember the last time I saw it get destroyed.

I see it go bye bye quiet a bit to be honest. Then again it charges up so fast with the double mines there are still plenty that hit home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What was in that big patch on PS4 I just downloaded?

Bug fixes for various things, no new content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759337202

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's the dream

Any tips

Play more Tracer :pac:

Seriously though, that's how you get the hang of a character; play the hell out of them & think about your games after the Victory Defeat screen.

It's how I upped my Pharah rocket % from low-30s to mid-60s. Gold damage/kills almost every game. My K/D ratio is improving too. And of course, taking care of flankers attacking our support.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did 7 placement games this morning. Won two and lost five. Someone on my team left in everyone of those losses. Five of the games have been KOTH maps as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Played first comp game in about two weeks just there. Won it too which hasn't been happening too often for me so far this season

Got some fella annoyed that I picked Lucio. He had 3 times my hours on Mercy but picked Genji (even though we had a Reaper and Solider)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did 7 placement games this morning. Won two and lost five. Someone on my team left in everyone of those losses. Five of the games have been KOTH maps as well.

I got disconnected in 3 comp games recently, when I tried to get back in it wouldn't let me. 10min ban or whatever. I don't know why they don't let you get back in while the game is still on

I got disconnected in 3 comp games recently, when I tried to get back in it wouldn't let me. 10min ban or whatever. I don't know why they don't let you get back in while the game is still on

Yea it's annoying. It hasn't happened to me to often though.

10 placements done, 4 wins 6 losses and placed 2668 after finishing season 5 at 2657.

• Advertisement

Lost a game last night after a decent first round, had a two stack change to Widow and Hanzo :rolleyes: They had 6hrs combined on them

Hate players like that, nothing more than a **** troll.

Won the next game with a Mercy with a grand total of 0 Rez's somehow :D

I'll take it overall, only 3 points off my first Gold weapon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement