Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've disconnected in the first minute or whatever that limit is. Reconnected and got back into game and watched the counter tick down from 3. Game ends and I get a 10 minute ban and leaver SR penalty. Seen it happen to another player as well. Got back in before the countdown and the game quit out. Such BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've disconnected in the first minute or whatever that limit is. Reconnected and got back into game and watched the counter tick down from 3. Game ends and I get a 10 minute ban and leaver SR penalty. Seen it happen to another player as well. Got back in before the countdown and the game quit out. Such BS.

Happened in two games I was in last week, really annoying to queue for 3 mins, have a disconnect who comes back, and then have to wait another minute for the game to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had a great first round - Dorado defense, we spawncamped them for the whole point 2. Should be easy, right?

Nope, one of ours goes Bastion and... does nothing.
    We don't even get past the arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

So I set up a smurf account to play with my bronze mate and i got gold in the placements even though i done **** all! I placed higher than my main account when I was trying my hardest lol. He has to win a few games before we can play.

I'm enjoying just being flex on my main account, creeping up platinum. Id like to get passed last seasons high of 2695sr. I solo'd mercy up to 2500 but there's always someone who wants to play her now so i'm happy to let them at it. I wouldnt nerf her for that reason alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this on Reddit and now I'm going to inflict it on others who haven't...

7TfDmXZl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Some leaked skins for the Halloween event. Zen's and Symmetra's are great...

Zen
    Sym
    Mei
    Reaper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote:
    Some leaked skins for the Halloween event. Zen's and Symmetra's are great...

That Zen skin... New main confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Finding it very difficult to rank up and get any kind of win streak beyond 2 or 3 games, and if I do, I will lose that SR, 3/4 games in a row or I'll draw on annubis.

I know everyone is in the same boat but it's a real slog at times. I am enjoying this season though. Might take a break and play some other games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

fixxxer wrote: »
    That Zen skin... New main confirmed

Come, brother. Let us gaze into eternity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So Mercy has pretty much a 100% pick rate now across all levels:

So the obvious thing would be to give ress to another class; question is then to which class and what would you give Mercy to compensate the loss of power (since she's outhealed by Ana/Lucio etc.) if any? Personally I'd be inclined to say to the Defence heroes since they are rarely used so Torbjörn or Widowmaker or as an alternatively to Symmetra but I'm not sure what power to replace for that to be possible.

Nody wrote: »
    So the obvious thing would be to give ress to another class; question is then to which class and what would you give Mercy to compensate the loss of power (since she's outhealed by Ana/Lucio etc.) if any? Personally I'd be inclined to say to the Defence heroes since they are rarely used so Torbjörn or Widowmaker or as an alternatively to Symmetra but I'm not sure what power to replace for that to be possible.

Junkrat, he needs a buff imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'd love if the next hero was 65% Healer and 35% Defence - someone who can buff allies, heal damage, maybe some area denial skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So Mercy has pretty much a 100% pick rate now across all levels:

Mercy doesn't get out healed by Lucio.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Res seems like a bit of a broken mechanic to me at this stage,I think it should probably just be removed.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Res seems like a bit of a broken mechanic to me at this stage,I think it should probably just be removed.

It's one of Mery's defining moves though. It might be better if it didn't reset when she Ulted or if it reset then it didn't have the same reduced cooldown. It's a tricky one though. I much prefer this new Mercy that doesn't run and hide though so wouldn't like a return to the old Rez Ultimate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well there are ways to play around with it; ress with 50% health instead of 100%. Ress is temporary only lasting for 10s and player then respawns directly. Ress becomes a self only ability that turns you into a ghost that can't be targeted who can heal for 15s before you respawn. Ress makes a player untouchable for 5/10s when the player can't take any damage or be affected by any ability (ala Zenyatta ultimate status).

Removing her ult altogether might balance it right now

I've never seen anna or lucio heal more than mercy, at gold/platinum nobody is any use at those In my experience. I hope they don't change mercy but improve a couple of the other healers, make more people want to pick them.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well there are ways to play around with it; ress with 50% health instead of 100%. Ress is temporary only lasting for 10s and player then respawns directly. Ress becomes a self only ability that turns you into a ghost that can't be targeted who can heal for 15s before you respawn. Ress makes a player untouchable for 5/10s when the player can't take any damage or be affected by any ability (ala Zenyatta ultimate status).

Just change it so instead of a res it instantly gives someone full health. That way it could be countered by healing debuffs like Ana's grenade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

When does this comp season end?

When does this comp season end?

End of the month.
    Removing her ult altogether might balance it right now

Remove her altogether.

I wonder if they would ever do that? Kill off a hero for a lore event or something.

Reaper kills Mercy in an animated short. Imagine the rage?

Does no one else think it's great that the team almost always has a healer? Now it's insta-lock 3 dps + a mercy before one more carefully decides to be dps and then you go tank or YOLO another dps which enrages the original dps lockins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Does no one else think it's great that the team almost always has a healer? Now it's insta-lock 3 dps + a mercy before one more carefully decides to be dps and then you go tank or YOLO another dps which enrages the original dps lockins

DPS locks are getting out of control, ive dropped 400SR 2600 - 2200 in the last week from extremely terrible team compositions i.e. dps instalocks that refuse to change.

IvoryTower wrote: »

The only time I don't see a team without a healer is during quick play

A Mercy in every team makes Roadhog a joy. I become unkillable :D

At idea what time the Halloween update is dropping?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

fixxxer wrote: »
    A Mercy in every team makes Roadhog a joy. I become unkillable :D

At idea what time the Halloween update is dropping?

That moment I finally drop Roadhog and Mercy rezzes ....

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

That moment I finally drop Roadhog and Mercy rezzes ....

I AM A 1200 HEALTH JUGGERNAUT WHEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

DPS locks are getting out of control, ive dropped 400SR 2600 - 2200 in the last week from extremely terrible team compositions i.e. dps instalocks that refuse to change.
    Yep, this has been the story for me of late. It's so frustrating. Terrible team comps :( ...and the DPS aren't even performing their roles!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement