Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Pretty much the same for me, ive gone on those epic losing streaks,we would probably be better off having a rule where we switch to arcade after 3 losses in a row!

I should stop after 3 or 4 consecutive losses but I start chasing the win which probably makes me play worse!

What helps in a weird way is hearing others struggles in this regard and how common bad losing streaks are. Such a mountain to climb though after a bad streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I honestly don't know what's going on in the game at the moment.

I just can't get my head around the current cheese comp.

In the last fortnight or so, I've dropped from 2750 or so down as far as about 2380. Currently 2415.

I solo queue, and it seems my team either absolutely steamrolls, or gets absolutely steamrolled. Obviously, I've been on the steamrolled more often.

I've dropped from 3000+ to around 2500. My go to heroes are failing me. This new mercy is ridiculous with close to 100% pick rate. I used to be so good with solider but I'm having a steady loss rate with him. I think since nobody is using Ana anymore, nanovisor isn't a tool. Winston used to be good for me too, still is to a degree, but he's not so good against Mercy anymore. Her regen is too strong. Her ult is a complete joke. She just stays in mid air while nobody can do enough consistent damage to kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

WarpAsylum wrote: »

In the last fortnight or so, I've dropped from 2750 or so down as far as about 2380. Currently 2415.

I solo queue, and it seems my team either absolutely steamrolls, or gets absolutely steamrolled. Obviously, I've been on the steamrolled more often.

Unit Lost did a good video on Cheese Comp/Competitive Issues, worth a view on Youtube.

tl:dr Guilds would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I've dropped from 3000+ to around 2500. My go to heroes are failing me. This new mercy is ridiculous with close to 100% pick rate. I used to be so good with solider but I'm having a steady loss rate with him. I think since nobody is using Ana anymore, nanovisor isn't a tool. Winston used to be good for me too, still is to a degree, but he's not so good against Mercy anymore. Her regen is too strong. Her ult is a complete joke. She just stays in mid air while nobody can do enough consistent damage to kill her.

Also, if your team does not have a Mercy and enemy do it's also game over in many instances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Also, if your team does not have a Mercy and enemy do it's also game over in many instances.

Unless you have a Zen who focuses the enemy Mercy. Did it in two games yesterday and ended up getting a message telling me I'm useless from one of the Mercy's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Unless you have a Zen who focuses the enemy Mercy. Did it in two games yesterday and ended up getting a message telling me I'm useless from one of the Mercy's :pac:

I was gonna say, you people need Zenyatta.

Regen? Flying? Boobs? Have an orb volley first bitch

Zen is pretty good at killing Mercy, esp new Mercy.

Got this on PC yesterday so I'm looking forward to getting used to mouselook and Ana being viable again

I was gonna say, you people need Zenyatta.

Regen? Flying? Boobs? Have an orb volley first bitch

Zen is pretty good at killing Mercy, esp new Mercy.

Got this on PC yesterday so I'm looking forward to getting used to mouselook and Ana being viable again

Hadn't played Zen this season and my first game yesterday I'd 37 offensive assists and 39 defensive assists. It was great :pac:

Got a POTG under my belt, second game on PC so I think I'm grasping mouselook.

I feel like a smurf though, while I'm misusing abilities because buttons, I can tell an awful lot of the players I'm against have no clue what they're at.

Tag is DigiSol#21566 , add away there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mercy has been tweaked again...
    Guardian Angel

- Players can now glide past a targeted ally using the jump key

- Cooldown no longer resets when Resurrect is activated

Valkyrie

- No longer resets or reduces Resurrection’s cooldown

- Now gives players a bonus resurrection charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

WarpAsylum wrote: »

Yea, it's just the nature of it. I'm trying my hardest in games going between tank/heal but it's just random luck. Makes the game almost fun at times -___-

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mercy has been tweaked again...

So pop a Res use Ult and your Res is available again and once used you have the full cooldown?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So pop a Res use Ult and your Res is available again and once used you have the full cooldown?
    This is the dev's full explanation of it...
    Valkyrie no longer resets or reduces Resurrect’s cooldown. Instead, it now provides an extra 'charge,' allowing you to revive an ally even if it is still on cooldown. If the bonus charge hasn’t been spent when Valkyrie ends, it will be removed.

This method makes Resurrect more flexible when used with Valkyrie. For example, in the past if you wanted to resurrect two teammates, you had to revive the first target, then activate Valkyrie (causing the Resurrect’s cooldown to reset), and then revive the other target. With this change, you can now activate Valkyrie and fly in quickly to resurrect both targets instantly.

However, this still reduces the overall number of Resurrects that Mercy can provide, since Valkyrie no longer reduces its cooldown.

Think you get a max of two rezzes with the ult now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Okay I can live with that the 3 rez is rare enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mercy is super powerful these days.....you think you do well taking out a main DPS or something...only for them to be res'd over and over.
    My job as Winston trying to chase mercy now has become a nightmare....especially when she ults. No way I can take her out

That's a weak nerf. Pick rate won't change.

My 2 accounts are pretty close to each other now, high gold and low platinum, it feels like there's a big difference in the games though. I think low platinum is my limit at the moment, I think I could push on a little bit if I used my mic and teamed up but it usually doesn't suit. When I play Mercy you just want to shout PULL BACK constantly cause there's always at least one goof over committing and dying

My 2 accounts are pretty close to each other now, high gold and low platinum, it feels like there's a big difference in the games though. I think low platinum is my limit at the moment, I think I could push on a little bit if I used my mic and teamed up but it usually doesn't suit. When I play Mercy you just want to shout PULL BACK constantly cause there's always at least one goof over committing and dying

I'd a Roadhog try defend on the payload at the very start of Dorado the other day.

Apparently I'm a bad Mercy because I didn't heal or Res him and it was my fault we lost.

Funnily enough the other 4 all got healed and Ressed though :confused:

Yep its times like that I need the mic to try and get them to pull back. A big difference at gold/plat compared to what I watch on youtube is the amount of feeding. I'm guilty of often sticking around too long when the battle is lost, get too caught up in it to realise I should be running away, but the biggest problem is players trickling in one after another after the fight is lost. My friends at bronze just constant feed, the matches are insane, we only ever win if the other team is feeding just as bad

Did anyone see unit lost video on a guild(clan) system, to help people team up and not get stuck with 5 dps. Sounds like a good idea

Yep its times like that I need the mic to try and get them to pull back. A big difference at gold/plat compared to what I watch on youtube is the amount of feeding. I'm guilty of often sticking around too long when the battle is lost, get too caught up in it to realise I should be running away, but the biggest problem is players trickling in one after another after the fight is lost. My friends at bronze just constant feed, the matches are insane, we only ever win if the other team is feeding just as bad

Did anyone see unit lost video on a guild(clan) system, to help people team up and not get stuck with 5 dps. Sounds like a good idea

I was in a party with them. I told him to come back as it's not a good point to try hold it but all he did was abuse me for not healing him.

I basically told him to f**k off after that, that he's in a stupid position and it's his own fault he was getting killed, I'm solo healing and I'll stick to healing the guys who are grouped up.

• Advertisement

Yeah I mentioned it briefly earlier. Looks like a good way to make more cohesive teams, get groups that will actually communicate. Getting too many teams a Widow/Hanzo lock ins at the moment.

What are peoples feelings on when a widow/hanzo are acceptable. Like if they are gold level and so are we(for example) surely they're just as useful as we are? It's impossible not to feel like the team would do better with almost anyone other than widow but I see plenty of people get kills with hanzo. There's a couple of levels where they provide good area control.

I find people raging against a single hanzo or widow to be more disruptive. Let them pick a hero. I pick Hanzo and carry sometimes yet still have people bitching. I've seen widow's carrying on tons of occasions.

What are peoples feelings on when a widow/hanzo are acceptable. Like if they are gold level and so are we(for example) surely they're just as useful as we are? It's impossible not to feel like the team would do better with almost anyone other than widow but I see plenty of people get kills with hanzo. There's a couple of levels where they provide good area control.

If they can get picks I don't care who they play. If it's not working and they won't switch then I get pissed.

I don't rage but it's rare to find a team with two snipers able to pull their weight, in my experience. If there must be two then I'd prefer one as an Ana so we can get heals. You try and pick the around things like that but the ones who want to instalock are not flexible so its easy to always end up playing what the teams needs every game and not getting to play as who you want at all. When the boards group was active it was great playing in that set up on PS4 as every body spoke and there was chat around what set up to go with. If guilds arrived and encouraged that more in comp. then I'd welcome it with open arms.

I actually meant just one of them, 2 of them would be a nightmare!

Won a game there with a quitter on our team, it was looking bad tbf but ya just never know!

Can't wait until my MMR sorts itself out, anyone know how long that takes?

Sick of 2 Bastions sitting in the middle of the road every damn game.

Any PC Zaryas have aiming tips? Finding S76, McCree and Zen all okay but huge struggle with Zarya despite her being one of my mains

Just ordered this as an early Christmas present for myself.

The Art of Overwatch: Limited Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1506705537/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_oig6zb1QJWPWN

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Just ordered this as an early Christmas present for myself.

The Art of Overwatch: Limited Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1506705537/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_oig6zb1QJWPWN

Have been dropping hints to my GF that i want it for christmas but not sure she's going to go for it. Have already been scolded for the large amount of OW merch accumulating in our place.

Think it'll sell out? Wondering if i should preorder it myself.

• Advertisement

Have been dropping hints to my GF that i want it for christmas but not sure she's going to go for it. Have already been scolded for the large amount of OW merch accumulating in our place.

Think it'll sell out? Wondering if i should preorder it myself.

I didn't want to miss it so I stuck an order in. It's expensive but be nice to have on the shelf beside the console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement