Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nearly 18 months after getting the game, I realise PS4 also has a ping indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nearly 18 months after getting the game, I realise PS4 also has a ping indicator.

I think that's new, only noticed it a couple of weeks ago myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Here's a new one.

Comp - player locks genji..other player " can I play genji please" (has 100+ hours) "no man, I just got the golden weapons so wanna play him"

We lose because he won't switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I think that's new, only noticed it a couple of weeks ago myself.

Its new, think it was an early September patch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sight808 wrote: »
    Here's a new one.

Comp - player locks genji..other player " can I play genji please" (has 100+ hours) "no man, I just got the golden weapons so wanna play him"

We lose because he won't switch.

Over here the kids are so original...that they're in game names are GENJI , or a form of it in Korean...or GenjiOnly etc
    You can add Hanzo and Reaper to that too.
    I'd say I come across a character name 1 in every 4 games.

• Advertisement

Had a game earlier with 3 healers and all of them refusing to switch. lol.

Had a game earlier with 3 healers and all of them refusing to switch. lol.

Normally it's a struggle to get a healer.
    Unless it's a Mercy...who 90% of the time will only play mercy...and over here 90% of the time it's females playing Mercys.
    I don't know if because she's easier that other heroes.....not to say she's less important and doesn't require skill, but it's just my experience over in Korea anyways.
    I have a few friends here and one girl actually left the party because there was another Mercy main(also a girl) there and neither of them were willing/confident to switch to another hero for a competitive match.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Normally it's a struggle to get a healer.
    Unless it's a Mercy...who 90% of the time will only play mercy...and over here 90% of the time it's females playing Mercys.
    I don't know if because she's easier that other heroes.....not to say she's less important and doesn't require skill, but it's just my experience over in Korea anyways.
    I have a few friends here and one girl actually left the party because there was another Mercy main(also a girl) there and neither of them were willing/confident to switch to another hero for a competitive match.

Let them fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

lol

Im about 2635 after last night(looking to beat 2695). Almost always got either 2 tanks and healer or 2 healers and a tank, it makes such a difference.

I'm playing flex this season, I wait until last to pick and it's still mostly mercy I end up with. I tried just locking whoever I want but it actually makes me miserable to play on teams with awful comps so the closest we can get to a nice team comp is my happy place

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Fvck the Mercy Meta.

• Advertisement

I love power boosting junkrat with mercy, wrecks the place

Don't know how others feel but I think the game is worse than it's ever been , on PS4. Feels like no is bothered 95% of the time.

Probably pretty close to the end of its lifespan, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Don't know how others feel but I think the game is worse than it's ever been , on PS4. Feels like no is bothered 95% of the time.

I've stopped playing. Decided that playing a game that just left me in a bad mood at the end of a session wasn't worth it any more and I feel better for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Come join the dark side of Arcade game only of random heroes :)

No pressure to perform; no possibility to meta pick and you can still get some epic moments.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I suddenly stopped playing ranked after the Mercy buffs. Went from playing 5 nights a week to zero.

Ranked needs a huge overhaul before I go back. Enjoy the Junkenstein stuff but that will be gone soon too.

I think it's ****ing awesome :)

And that's me done with Overwatch.

Losing to a team with 3 supports; Mercy, Zen and Lucio. 2-0, 100-0, 100-0.

We even had a had good comp, two healers, but the clowns on our team who instalocked Genji and Tracer couldn't touch three supports for some reason. Or the Roadhog who probably had a hook accuracy in the minuses.

Played Lucio up until 70-0 in round 2 where I switched to Mei and started spawn-walling. I hope I get banned but I'd need about 2000 reports for that to happen.

Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

J. Marston wrote:

J. Marston wrote:

J. Marston wrote:
    We even had a had good comp, two healers, but the clowns on our team who instalocked Genji and Tracer couldn't touch three supports for some reason. Or the Roadhog who probably had a hook accuracy in the minuses.

J. Marston wrote:
    Played Lucio up until 70-0 in round 2 where I switched to Mei and started spawn-walling. I hope I get banned but I'd need about 2000 reports for that to happen.

J. Marston wrote:
    Peace.

I took this season off.

You need to take a season off

Peace.

Yeah just stop. When you get the urge to play, ignore it. It goes away after literally a day or so. May I recommend Factorio or Oxygen Not Included as single player peaceful games that will take your mind off the pain.

Spawn walling players cause they're not good enough? Good riddance so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm so frustrated with "Hunt-the-Mercy" I've actually taken up Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Played Lucio up until 70-0 in round 2 where I switched to Mei and started spawn-walling.

I can understand your frustration, but I can’t understand this. Don’t be part of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I've actually enjoyed this Season a lot more than the last. Trolls & crap team comps are just part and parcel of the game. It's not like when I played Quake, UT or even TF2 where I would just join the same server everyday and get to know the familiar faces and mods. Overwatch is great but there's a real lack of community in game.

Also... it's last few days of season..avoid comp.

Aye, if you don't team up with people you have to expect a lot of **** team comps and trolls are just an unfortunate part of all online games that I've experienced. Especially in the lower levels, I'm not sure how bad it is from diamond upwards.

I'm platinum on both accounts and I would still consider myself fairly ****e and frustrating at times to play with, so I don't expect my teammates to be much better. I played a lot this weekend and only came across 2 throwers, frustrating but I can live with that. Maybe yer man above was one of them! I went back to play rainbow 6 a few weeks ago and got team killed multiple times in a few games, if you want to feel the ultimate in troll frustration then you have to experience that. Imagine a thrower in ow that can stop you from playing the rest of the round at spawn. You either have to quit or spend the game watching the troll playing

Peace.

Ah at least be creative and build a teleport off a cliff

Well today was a first, I mentioned previously that the girls love to play Mercy,

Was in a group today with 2 people. 1 mercy main, her boyfriend a tank/dps.
    Then they invited someone else, another girl, she was also a Mercy main.
    Then that person invite someone else....she was also a Mercy main.

So of the 5 of us...3 were Mercy mains...all girls.

We join a game...competitive btw....and the 6th person...yeah.....locks in Mercy !
    Turns out...she's a girl...and she's a Mercy main.

So....a team of 6...4 girls...all mercy mains. We lost btw. Proof below

K6oFFGD.jpg

Notorious wrote: »
    I can understand your frustration, but I can’t understand this. Don’t be part of the problem.

But, at that point, I knew it wasn't gonna be my problem anymore after that game.

tenor.gif

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Well today was a first, I mentioned previously that the girls love to play Mercy,

Was in a group today with 2 people. 1 mercy main, her boyfriend a tank/dps.
    Then they invited someone else, another girl, she was also a Mercy main.
    Then that person invite someone else....she was also a Mercy main.

So of the 5 of us...3 were Mercy mains...all girls.

We join a game...competitive btw....and the 6th person...yeah.....locks in Mercy !
    Turns out...she's a girl...and she's a Mercy main.

So....a team of 6...4 girls...all mercy mains. We lost btw. Proof below

I thought female Mercy mains was a sexist stereotype and inaccurate according to other people here :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Ok ok ok i'll admit that's pretty nuts Sean/Canis :eek:

You're playing in SK region right? Is there a fairly large community of ex-pats and english speakers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement