Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I thought female Mercy mains was a sexist stereotype and inaccurate according to other people here :P

In Korea it's true man, most Mercy mains are female here.
    I'd also take it that there are a LOT more female players of OW here than in Europe.

I'll have to take a video of a PC Bang one day and show you all how amazing they are inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

SeantheMan wrote: »
    In Korea it's true man, most Mercy mains are female here.
    I'd also take it that there are a LOT more female players of OW here than in Europe.

I'll have to take a video of a PC Bang one day and show you all how amazing they are inside.

They super fancy?

It's been a decade or so since I did the gaming cafe thing but in Ireland anyway it was 100% male, 100% bad body odour and 100% bad food/soft drinks for all night Counter Strike. Think i even remember being able to smoke at one point.

Ahhh simpler times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I think with mercy they shouldn't reset her rez when she uses her ult. Have the Rez and Valkyrie as separate things altogether. It would still be an amazing ult

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I think with mercy they shouldn't reset her rez when she uses her ult. Have the Rez and Valkyrie as separate things altogether. It would still be an amazing ult

It doesn't really since the update. The Rez gets 2 uses like Junkrats mines and the cool down is still 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'm just waiting for me to get "adjusted"
    Then I will return in all my glory... I love mei

• Advertisement

Yeah you Rez, then pop ult, then Rez again. It's too strong. Have it so that when you Rez you have to wait 30 sec even if you pop your ult.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Yeah you Rez, then pop ult, then Rez again. It's too strong. Have it so that when you Rez you have to wait 30 sec even if you pop your ult.

Two Res isn't a lot especially compared to five man resses before. The way it is at the minute is ok but maybe extend the out of Ult Res timer to 40/50 seconds.

That way normal fights will be less annoying and will be less frequent revives in team fights but still gives the Ult a proper use.

They super fancy?

It's been a decade or so since I did the gaming cafe thing but in Ireland anyway it was 100% male, 100% bad body odour and 100% bad food/soft drinks for all night Counter Strike. Think i even remember being able to smoke at one point.

Ahhh simpler times.

Ehh....I don't think they even fit into the category of gaming cafe.
    Imagine game chairs, 27inch monitors, mechanical keyboards, high spec PC's.
    Beautifully furnished and with aircon etc.
    Now imagine up to 100+ of these, each kind of closed off with a shield so the guy next to you doesn't distract you.
    A special section for 'Couples' ...where the booths are 2 screens wide before the blinkers are there.
    Automated pay machines for credit/time at the PC's.
    Someone behind a bar serving hotdogs, ramen, snacks, coffees....all ordered from your PC and brought to your PC.
    And the cost....about 1:50e an hour.....1e for students

I'll get a vid soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm not gonna watch the video if you don't start with
    "Whatz up itz ya boi Seany B coming at you LIVE with another insightful gaming vid for all you peeps. Once again thank you to all my loyal fans and 1st I just wanna say a HUGE shout out to X for sponsoring this video..."
    etc etc

Weather your 2nd name begins with B is irrelevant. Show us the actual PC Bang after about 5 minutes too. Don't wanna waste our time

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Now imagine up to 100+ of these, each kind of closed off with a shield so the guy next to you doesn't distract you.
    A special section for 'Couples' ...where the booths are 2 screens wide before the blinkers are there.
    Someone behind a bar serving hotdogs, ramen, snacks, coffees....all ordered from your PC and brought to your PC.

I'll get a vid soon

Damn, that sounds pretty good.

I can see why people wouldn't be pushed with having their own setup - especially with how costly it would be to reach that standard.

I like the idea of coffe and hot dogs...i assume no booze?

Do you get like office people coming in after work for several hours, or is it young people, or mixed? Would love to wander around one.

• Advertisement

Delighted for this goon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'll get a vid soon

This is the sort of place I'd love to run to be honest, would be my dream job. Maybe stick some boardgames and D&D in there too, I don't think the model would work over here

This is the sort of place I'd love to run to be honest, would be my dream job. Maybe stick some boardgames and D&D in there too, I don't think the model would work over here

There was that place in Dublin when the Xbox 360 launched. Similar idea but on a much smaller scale. It's probably gone out of business now.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

lost 5 in a row there...so trigged

but I have my win rate with sombra to 71%

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

fixxxer wrote: »
    There was that place in Dublin when the Xbox 360 launched. Similar idea but on a much smaller scale. It's probably gone out of business now.

The XGC.

They hosted the fledgling Fighting Games community for years for years, from 2008 (Soulcalibur IV), through various iterations of Street Fighter IV, Tekken, Blazblue, etc.
    They finally had to call it quits when Street Fighter V was announced for PS4, but the FGC had become so small that it wasn't worth it for them to invest in new consoles.

AFAIK they are now a Turkish/Muslim community hub, with an attached phone accessories shop.

So with the season ending in a few days how did everyone find season 6?

Compared to last Season it was a dream, Got to plat with just Ana, really like the Mercy rework and a goal of high win % with sombra!

Might take abreak from the game though, still toxic af!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    So with the season ending in a few days how did everyone find season 6?

Compared to last Season it was a dream, Got to plat with just Ana, really like the Mercy rework and a goal of high win % with sombra!

Might take abreak from the game though, still toxic af!

I only played 37 games so far (bulk in the last two weeks) and finished with a 52% win rate.

Lucio, Mercy and Zen were my mains. 67% win rate with Lucio, 50% with Zen and 42% with Mercy.

Had both accounts in Plat. Couldn't climb on my proper one...where I mostly played on KR and as Winston.
    Up and down constantly. Still a big problem of people instalocking Hanzos and Widows...especially near the end of season.

Other account actually dropped to Gold...back to play...and back to gold. But I care less about this account as I will play whatever character the team needs or if someone is being completely abusive I have no issue in losing the match. The account is to allow me to play chars in competitive that I never get to on my other because some ppl instalock. So I am the instalocker. I also play on NA with it....but if I get a ping of 200 I know I'm fecked. I just play Lucio or something in that case

I think Plat is probably right for me. I think I could climb to Diamond if I just locked DPS instead of Winston etc, as our DPS are usually a big problem in games. McCree + Hanzo.
    Rarely if ever see Genji and Tracers these days in Plat KR.

Also...change Mercy before next season. It's worse now than before.
    Impossible to kill her during her ult...and no point focusing targets except her as she'll just fly in and res anytime.

2 accounts, both platinum, I hover about low to mid plat on both. One account was supposed to be for playing with friends but accidentally crept up too high to play with them so I just played like normal with it. I decided to use one account to warm up and if I got the win or felt like I was playing well I would use the main account....it didnt really matter though ,both are about the same and have passed each other out several times. I think the only way i'll have a hope of getting out of plat is if I start using my mic and teaming up, but tbh i'll probably just keep going as I am.

I would like to get one of those account down to low gold to play with friends, without throwing?! I'm hoping their placements go well and i'll probably use ana or genji for mine cause i never play them. It sucks not being able to play comp when theyre on. I'll use that account to learn new players

As above I hope Mercy is nerfed now, she's my most played character by miles but it feels like if you dont have her you've lost already. I noticed a lot of teams in the past week have not being picking her cause no one is arsed but if a game comes down to the sudden death rounds you'll see people switch over to nick the win.

Anyway I really enjoyed it, a slight mercy nerf, add a support character, I think it would be in a good place then.

• Advertisement

Took a short vid today.
    Forgive the shakiness at the time...I'm not a big camera guy and rarely take vids...especially these kind in public places.
    Also...potato quality. Taken from my phone obviously...but the free video editors only allow for uploading in 480. I don't have any other editors on my PC.
    Anyways, ye can see what a PC Bang is like here in South Korea.
    This one is in Gangnam (you know the place from Gangnam style) in Seoul.
    It had 250 stations in total it seemed (going by the numbers beside each...not sure if that included the Couple stations)
    It was 2,000 per hour...that's prob about 1.50 euro, 1,000 for students....and 1,500 for members I think.

Anyways, here it is. If you've any questions about em just fire away.

Took a short vid today.
    Forgive the shakiness at time...I'm not a big camera guy and rarely take vids...especially these kind in public places.
    Also...potato quality. Taken from my phone obviously...but the free video editors only allow for uploading in 480. I don't have any other editors on my PC.
    Anyways, ye can see what a PC Bang is like these in South Korea.
    This one is in Gangnam (you know the place from Gangnam style) in Seoul.
    It had 250 stations in total it seemed (going by the numbers beside each...not sure if that included the Couple stations)
    It was 2,000 per hour...that's prob about 1:50, 1,000 for students....and 1,500 for members I think.

Anyways, here it is. If you've any questions about em just fire away.

Thanks for uploading that, looks insane, I also like how you nearly broke the keyboard at the start of the video.

What was that room that was on your right, had a bench in it and had glass walls and door?

Also why are they called pc bangs?

Thanks for uploading that, looks insane, I also like how you nearly broke the keyboard at the start of the video.

What was that room that was on your right, had a bench in it and had glass walls and door?

Also why are they called pc bangs?

Mechanical keyboard..it'll be fine haha.
    That room is a smoking room.
    Bang means room in Korean.
    So PC Bang ~ PC Room
    NoraeBang ~ Sing Room (karaoke)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'm only about 100sr-ish off diamond again, but don't see myself playing to get it. Did my placements and decided for the good of my health to take a season off. I was getting way way too angry playing so actually looking forward to next season.

Pity we could never have anything nice like that in Ireland cause of scumbags robbing/wrecking the gaf and old fellas tossing themselves off :(

Pity we could never have anything nice like that in Ireland cause of scumbags robbing/wrecking the gaf and old fellas tossing themselves off :(

I worked in an internet café for a while, and the amount of aul lads who came in for a sneaky **** was ridiculous. They always ended up locked the computer sup with the sheer number of pop up adds they went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

fixxxer wrote: »
    I worked in an internet café for a while, and the amount of aul lads who came in for a sneaky **** was ridiculous. They always ended up locked the computer sup with the sheer number of pop up adds they went through.

Gross.

What do you even do in that situation? Shoo them with a sweeping brush?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gross.

What do you even do in that situation? Shoo them with a sweeping brush?

Direct, unblinking eye contact and a wide-toothy smile

Direct, unblinking eye contact and a wide-toothy smile

..so... you joined in? :p

• Advertisement

..so... you joined in? :p

Oh look at Mr Richie Rich over here who doesn't even need to live off tips :rolleyes:
    Intentional use of "tips" was intentional

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement