Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IvoryTower wrote: »
    So what is everyone's rank in here? Last season if you haven't played yet. And what is your main if you have one.
    • High Gold/Low Platinum
    • Pharah/D.Va/Junkrat (I like explosions OK?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Low Gold.

My main changes with the season. Used to feel nifty as Ana but have gone off her the past while. Really enjoy playing Sombra but don't actually get results with her... at the moment I'm playing a fair bit of Zarya and Mei, good flexible all-rounders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

High gold last season. Try to be flexible instead of having one main but usually end up as mostly Junkrat/Mercy/Roadhog/Soldier.

Tried Winston but Die way too much. Used to Reihnhardt a lot but he's not as relevant as he used to be. Torb on Horizon and Hollywood Point 1 defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Rein has gone back up in popularity I hear,love using him myself

Low plat myself(usually)

Pharah, rein, mercy, bastion/torb and maybe sym are my faves. I'm the account I play flex with it's mostly mercy these days just to have a a chance of winning

On my lower account I go with the others. Tempted to learn roadhog properly he seems like such a beast at the moment

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I placed silver, bronze, silver, gold in the last 4 seasons (gold being this season). Barely played the first season but finished in gold in all the other seasons.

D:VA was my main up until her changes last season and I haven't played much since. Lucio and Soldier are the other characters I'm best with then probably Ana or Rhein if I was stuck.

Was thinking of trying to main Ana this season with her incoming buff and she's by far the character I enjoy playing as the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm was mid gold last season, Zenyatta and Winston, with some Zarya thrown in.

Really enjoy playing these three so flexing away normally isn't necessary, have gotten away with S76 games.

Placing on PC for the first time soon, expect to place around 1900-2100. Would be happy out with anything higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

4L-2W-4L

2220SR
    Down 300 from previous season
    fml

Halloween thingy just ended and is replaced with Overwatch World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Did my Placements, won 5 lost 4, drew the last match much to my irritation, Nuimbani, 3/3. Then we defended first point, all we needed was 1 tick to win... 2 healers.. great, two tanks, Fine, our dps..hanzo/genji... trying to stop a phara for 2 minutes -___-

Ended up with 2491, which is grand tbh. Looking forward to it all again.Although I may not place as regularly this season.

Sight808 wrote: »
    Did my Placements, won 5 lost 4, drew the last match much to my irritation, Nuimbani, 3/3. Then we defended first point, all we needed was 1 tick to win... 2 healers.. great, two tanks, Fine, our dps..hanzo/genji... trying to stop a phara for 2 minutes -___-

Ended up with 2491, which is grand tbh. Looking forward to it all again.Although I may not place as regularly this season.

Waiting for the Blizzcon surprise announcement of my as yet unnamed new support character main.

• Advertisement

My win rate with mercy is through the floor. Hard for me to justify picking her at the moment but then when the other team has her and you dont its so much harder. Played a junkrat earlier who would put a trap down every time they killed someone so i couldnt revive them without dying. Of course i died a million times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

My win rate with mercy is through the floor. Hard for me to justify picking her at the moment but then when the other team has her and you dont its so much harder. Played a junkrat earlier who would put a trap down every time they killed someone so i couldnt revive them without dying. Of course i died a million times

That... that's beautiful.

It's very awkward recently when 5 dps/tanks are already picked and its up to me to go support. I have no problem doing it just can't stand playing Mercy so I try solo ana or lucio depending on the map type. In the past a solo ana or lucio could easily work. Mercy is just too strong right now. The team inevitably gives out saying we need a mercy. I simply tell them they are more than welcome to pick mercy.

Yeah you're right too. Going to try Zen for a bit. Tired of mercy already a week in ha

I've probably mentioned this before but Zen is a good shout in 5 DPS teams, fights will be short so heals don't really matter, you're just picking out 1v1s and making them easier with Discord.

Lucio either, just taxi from spawn

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've probably mentioned this before but Zen is a good shout in 5 DPS teams, fights will be short so heals don't really matter, you're just picking out 1v1s and making them easier with Discord.

Lucio either, just taxi from spawn

Lucio is a must for Control points I find. If you get to the point first you've a far better chance of winning that round.

It's very awkward recently when 5 dps/tanks are already picked and its up to me to go support. I have no problem doing it just can't stand playing Mercy so I try solo ana or lucio depending on the map type. In the past a solo ana or lucio could easily work. Mercy is just too strong right now. The team inevitably gives out saying we need a mercy. I simply tell them they are more than welcome to pick mercy.

Always that ****er who flicks on/off Mercy then picks someone else instead. Can just imagine them sitting there going Well I've done all I can.

I have to say, I do enjoy playing Mercy a lot, but she's 100 times worse now as a must pick then she was before when her Ult was Rez.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

fixxxer wrote: »
    Always that ****er who flicks on/off Mercy then picks someone else instead. Can just imagine them sitting there going Well I've done all I can.

I have to say, I do enjoy playing Mercy a lot, but she's 100 times worse now as a must pick then she was before when her Ult was Rez.

I've started hovering over their preferred pick when they start doing that, just pick it and imagine them steaming and screaming at their screen. :D

do any of you follow overwatch youtubers and streamers?

I follow unit lost, it gets a bit repetitive but overall I like him and think he's a good skin. I watch the odd loserfruit video, sometimes theyre fun, sometimes awful ha. I've been watching PVPTwitch lately, he actually comes across quite arrogant but his junkrat play is mesmerising. There's so many other ones im not sure who's worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I follow unit lost, it gets a bit repetitive but overall I like him and think he's a good skin. I watch the odd loserfruit video, sometimes theyre fun, sometimes awful ha. I've been watching PVPTwitch lately, he actually comes across quite arrogant but his junkrat play is mesmerising. There's so many other ones im not sure who's worthwhile

I like Harbleu, former NRG player, mostly because he mains zarya hog too but he's unreal at DPS. He also has a great attitude, never tilts. I find pro players like Sinatraa and xqc really really annoying, toxic bastards.

• Advertisement

cool ill check him out so

Muselk and Overwatch Central do some good videos. Muselk for jokey ones and OC for more serious news etc.

Unit Loss is an absolute twat. He was good but now he repeats himself constantly, says "holey hell ladies and gentlemen" about forty times a videos, complains when people don't fill (need healer and they pick DPS) when he does the exact same himself.

Aaahhh I like him. He grates alright, he'd be more suited to one video a week but He'd make no money then. If you watch the videos daily like I do he's basically repeating himself over and over. I tend to skip through them now. I found the overanalysed videos great for starting out

We have a few dps only players on here I believe,what I want to know, when no one on the team changes to support etc,do you usually lose and does it lessen your enjoyment or what. It seems kinda risky only picking dps. (If you want to win that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

so the new hero - Moira - is Irish lol.

RGDATA! wrote: »

I main support 99% of the time. I look forward to not getting t play her while all the non support guys insta lock her.

RGDATA! wrote: »

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

• Advertisement

Looks pretty cool actually, pity about the Naruto run

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement