Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Grayditch wrote: »
    in a teleporter behind enemy lines on the attack can be really effective. Or even just putting it at a route people are ignoring.

How have I not thought of this before??!! Doing this tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

How have I not thought of this before??!! Doing this tonight

It's sometimes the only way to stop your team being a meat stew conveyor belt for the other team. Getting your Ultimate up takes longer on attack with her obviously, but just barge in, turrets down anywhere you can and try shoot a few stragglers to build it up before the aul recon mission of you can get in unseen after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

A teleport can be an absolute game changer - I wouldn't go quite so far as to say it's absolutely essential when you're attacking, but it's not far off it, especially on the second point.

A teleport can be an absolute game changer - I wouldn't go quite so far as to say it's absolutely essential when you're attacking, but it's not far off it, especially on the second point.

I pretty much always pic Symmetra at the start when defending. If you can get up a teleport without dying you can hold them very close to their spawn for a long time. Just don't great too greedy with its positioning. Its okay for your team to run for a few seconds.

Also does the teleport have a capacity number of uses? I could have sworn I've seen my teleport disappear without it being destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I pretty much always pic Symmetra at the start when defending. If you can get up a teleport without dying you can hold them very close to their spawn for a long time. Just don't great too greedy with its positioning. Its okay for your team to run for a few seconds.

Also does the teleport have a capacity number of uses? I could have sworn I've seen my teleport disappear without it being destroyed.

Think it can only be used 6 times before it disappears.

• Advertisement

From here: http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Symmetra

"The Teleporter can only teleport a maximum number of allies before shutting down"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's a counter on the HUD indicating how many charges remain on your teleporter too

I told myself I wasn't gonna keep checking my ranking on Masteroverwatch.com. That's what I told myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Grayditch wrote: »
    I told myself I wasn't gonna keep checking my ranking on Masteroverwatch.com. That's what I told myself.

I didn't know this existed. You've ruined me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I didn't know this existed. You've ruined me now.

Didn't know that site either.

Expected when the game ramps up for ranked, we will see LoL style websites appearing where we can start extrapolating tier lists etc. But that will also be nice to see performance on characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Have to say, I am really not enjoying Overwatch at all lately. I keep running into matches that are full of abuse and flaming, and it's sucking any bit of fun I was having out of the game, had another game there tonight, and it was just pure abuse from the other team. This kinda thing is why I normally don't enjoy multiplayer games, and honestly, I can see myself dropping Overwatch pretty quick if it keeps up. I was impressed as hell during the open beta, enough for me to run out and buy it on release, which is a rare enough thing for me to do, but I'm practically regretting it now. :o

Links234 wrote: »
    Have to say, I am really not enjoying Overwatch at all lately. I keep running into matches that are full of abuse and flaming, and it's sucking any bit of fun I was having out of the game, had another game there tonight, and it was just pure abuse from the other team. This kinda thing is why I normally don't enjoy multiplayer games, and honestly, I can see myself dropping Overwatch pretty quick if it keeps up. I was impressed as hell during the open beta, enough for me to run out and buy it on release, which is a rare enough thing for me to do, but I'm practically regretting it now. :o

You need a group to play with. Usually if you go in with a premade team you should be okay. I find the most toxic are people on there own.

I've been using discord and have no problem grabbing groups for a couple of games no stress and no whinging.

I've got a group I usually play with, but they haven't been around this past week. Who knows, maybe they've dropped it as well?

Links234 wrote: »
    I've got a group I usually play with, but they haven't been around this past week. Who knows, maybe they've dropped it as well?

Even in Solo I usually only get some salt. Majority of people are fairly okay. Maybe you're just unlucky to meet the bad ones. :confused:

Im sure they will come back for the competitive though its what most people are waiting for!

Well if I'm just unlucky, it seems I'm getting unlucky an awful lot. Been mostly playing Steamworld Heist this week (Which is apparently the best game ever, according to Cool Ghosts) and having a lot more fun, dropping back into Overwatch tonight was just a pretty crap experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is PC worse for angry people?

Been playing lots on PS4 and haven't encountered an ounce of salt yet. Everyone usually exchanges a friendly "Hello!" at the start of the game.

Yeah, that's pretty much all you get on Ps4, when not in a group. However that means nobody is really communicating at all, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

bugs wrote: »
    I was talking about the patch.

Post you replied to was about competitive play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So far I've had no problems at all with Overwatch on PC, apart from people who have no idea how to compose a team properly. Hey, we're on defense, let's go Genji, Genji, Soldier 76, Soldier 76, Widow.

• Advertisement

When you get to level 60 you start to notice those players of the same level that didn't get any better and just play a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I assume once competitive play comes in that we'll soon leave those kinds of players behind (or at least I hope I'm not one of those kinds of players :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is PC worse for angry people?

Been playing lots on PS4 and haven't encountered an ounce of salt yet. Everyone usually exchanges a friendly "Hello!" at the start of the game.

PS4 users dont have a keyboard :pac:

I wish i had a way if disabling the chat entirely, as in not see it or be able to type into it at all. :rolleyes:

Had a quick game again today, and it was grand, didn't encounter any more abusive players, but it's just happening more and more frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've seen very little trouble myself, but it's going to happen in every game. I'm having more fun with this than I've had with any game for a long time. Started playing Pharah today and it's so nice being able to take out turrets with ease, not to mention her ridiculous ult.

I've seen very little trouble myself, but it's going to happen in every game. I'm having more fun with this than I've had with any game for a long time. Started playing Pharah today and it's so nice being able to take out turrets with ease, not to mention her ridiculous ult.

Her Concussive Blast can knock bunches of enemies off the edge of maps, especially ones like Ilios.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A nice end for the last game of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

My biggest problem with Overwatch is the matchmaking. I seem to constantly get paired with players who are twice my level. Last night, the other team had a player at level 75 after prestiged (or whatever it's called). It's not an uncommon sight to see the other team with 2+ players who have prestiged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Sums up everything wrong with this game.

https://gfycat.com/SmugCraftyBlackrhino

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement