Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not "Top 'o da mornin t'ya" Irish either, actually normal Irish.

Cool. Looks a character people might want to heal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone know who her VA is?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »

Genji mains now have a new character to play. They still won't heal with her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

lads, she sounds like a teacher from the midlands.

New animated short. I think it's awesome, definitely my favourite one so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New map:

Don't like the look of it tbh, feels like they've already jumped the shark.

Moira:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

IvoryTower wrote: »
    We have a few dps only players on here I believe,what I want to know, when no one on the team changes to support etc,do you usually lose and does it lessen your enjoyment or what. It seems kinda risky only picking dps. (If you want to win that is)

I'm putting this to the test. Gonna stick to rein and pharah for a while. No healers in 1st too games lol. Here's me thinking someone else will pick up the slack. Not even a mercy in sight

I figure I'm going no where as it stands so maybe having a sticking to a couple of mains will help

Wonder if her enemy ultimate would be as gaeilge? Lot of heroes have their callout in their native language when on the other team (Genji, Sombra, Hanzo, Mei, Widow, Zarya, Mercy)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

J. Marston wrote:
    Wonder if her enemy ultimate would be as gaeilge? Lot of heroes have their callout in their native language when on the other team (Genji, Sombra, Hanzo, Mei, Widow, Zarya, Mercy)

Hopefully! I was delighted to hear genuine Irish being spoken by Saoirse are the end of Nioh.

Anyone watching the world cup, had a look earlier. Watching it is much easier than before. The teams have two distinct skins and colours so you can see what's going on more clearly, they have little top down views also. Was much easier to follow. If I didn't have a million basketball games to watch I'd take more of an interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Set of Blizzard themed skins coming too, based on WoW/Starcraft/Diablo....oh and Meis animated short outfit.

3311865-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

J. Marston wrote: »

As soon as I saw she was Irish I was expecting the diddly-eye version of Tracer's awful accent, but it's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Set of Blizzard themed skins coming too, based on WoW/Starcraft/Diablo....oh and Meis animated short outfit.

3311865-1.jpg

Zarya, Hog and Mercy's are pretty cool

Zarya, Hog and Mercy's are pretty cool

That's Widow.

(Thought it was Mercy too when I first saw the pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah looks like Widow is a Ghost from starcraft, or Kerrigan?

Zarya is a D3 Barbarian

Tjor a dwarf from warcraft

Osira a dragoon

and Doomfist is a splice from Blackhand from wow

Hard to make out what the rest are, pretty cool though :)

EDIT: Roadhog is Azmodan?

The VA is Genevieve O'Reilly and she's confirmed to have Irish voicelines...

https://twitter.com/westofhouse/status/926650326681128960

Not a gaeilgeoir at all but it's still very cool to have the language actually in the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Losing practically every game this season.

https://imgur.com/gallery/cXNUX

All these new skins are NOT event-exclusive! Coming early 2018.

Moira Legendary skins:
    KGsFEJR.png
    j4CXISl.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Sight808 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the world cup, had a look earlier. Watching it is much easier than before. The teams have two distinct skins and colours so you can see what's going on more clearly, they have little top down views also. Was much easier to follow. If I didn't have a million basketball games to watch I'd take more of an interest.

Yes, I watched most of the games yesterday. Casting/spectator changes are a huge improvement. Team skins look great, particularly China's, and make the game easier to follow. Competitiveness of games much better than in the earlier rounds. I've been skeptical of the OW league, but if they can serve up anything like the quality and competitiveness of the USA v Sth Korea match yesterday then it has every chance to be a success.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dat Bowie skin.

• Advertisement

RGDATA! wrote: »
    , but if they can serve up anything like the quality and competitiveness of the USA v Sth Korea match yesterday then it has every chance to be a success.

Agreed, was easy to follow and watch.

If anyone here hasn't watched that match you should. Was probably the best pro match I've seen.

Canada v S Korea just started about 5 minutes ago. Canada won the first round on Oasis but SK took round 2 & 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Canada v S Korea just started about 5 minutes ago. Canada won the first round on Oasis but SK took round 2 & 3.

It's mental how good the Koreans are. Seriously like I get the whole fact that gaming is big there but the reaction speed they have is nuts

It's mental how good the Koreans are. Seriously like I get the whole fact that gaming is big there but the reaction speed they have is nuts

That Flower guy is ridiculous. Got some great picks as Widow on Hanamura

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It's a professional sport to them. Same way soccer is to us. Same dedication to training etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Korea repeat as champs, having never lost a map in either wc

Korea repeat as champs, having never lost a map in either wc

But they did lose games :confused: (4-2 vs USA, 3-1 vs France, 4-1 vs Canada)

Good games, but I don't like the single-elimination format.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Watching unit lost playing moira, she looks decent. This is great, chance of 2 healers on the team even slightly improved

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPpb3lFnao

here is the final guys. Sorry if posted already, didn't check back.

Love watching these games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPpb3lFnao

here is the final guys. Sorry if posted already, didn't check back.

Love watching these games

The Hanimura and Junkertown bits were especially fun. As someone mentioned before, the new spectator set up works really well, very easy to tell who's doing what.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement