Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Was there an irish presence at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Some neat footage of the game through its early stages of development.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Was there an irish presence at all?

AFAIK the Top 500 Irish SR isn't even good enough for Top-32.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moira is on the PTR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Advertisement

"The state of you."

That'll be getting spammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We just need "Cya after, sh1tehawk".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Her sprays are cool as well, update downloaded so I'll be playing her soon tonight, looking forward to 6v6 Moira-only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

fixxxer wrote: »

What are you on about? The state of you. Grand.

God it's refreshing to see actual normal Irish speak in an American game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A Neurotic wrote: »

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

What are you on about? The state of you. Grand.

ha, i was on PTR last night and in my first game our friendly Moira spammed "what are you on about" the whole game. Ni thuigam the gaeilge lines but I like the voice acting, best Irish accent in a game since the dude in Bioshock.

The enemy ult line is in Irish anyway...

Apparently she says "Dia dhuit" and "Go raibh maith agat" as well.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The enemy ult line is in Irish anyway...

Apparently she says "Dia dhuit" and "Go raibh maith agat" as well.

I can't make that out "SOMETHING do mo thoill" ???

I can't make that out "SOMETHING do mo thoill" ???

Google translation (don't judge me and my C1 in pass leaving cert Irish!) says "Surrender to my will" is "Geilleadh do mo thoil".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Not a fan of Moiras look. Will need to see it in the flesh so to speak but so far.... bleh. Pretty cool of Blizzard to pick Ireland though for the character design.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

One win away from my highest sr and i get matched up against 2 masters(is that the sparkly gold emblem?) and i also think we had a throwing mei, she had 1 hour played this comp season, all mei, all losses, so probably trying to lower her rank. Unlucky..

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

IvoryTower wrote: »
    One win away from my highest sr and i get matched up against 2 masters(is that the sparkly gold emblem?) and i also think we had a throwing mei, she had 1 hour played this comp season, all mei, all losses, so probably trying to lower her rank. Unlucky..

It's such a cruel game, if I'm in a team and everyone is giving it a go, even if it's not the best pick or they are not amazing I'll go full try hard with hog or zarya (mostly rein:( )

If there's any indication of throwing I just do a bit and wait till the match is over, try for gold medals or practice aim.

I tend to just assume everyone is trying,i just thought mei was odd choice on both attack and defence on hollywood so decided to check after.

Im really enjoying this season otherwise. I seem to be getting quite a few widowmakers which have all been losses, i do wonder how they got to plat in first place. I understand how the game should be played a bit better now and it actually just makes it more stressful cause you know when someone is overextending/feeding etc and it cracks you up!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

i'm having an awful season, ironically Widowmaker is the only character with a decent win rate for me. Have to mute chat if you pick her pretty much though, but she's very effective on certain maps.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    i'm having an awful season, ironically Widowmaker is the only character with a decent win rate for me. Have to mute chat if you pick her pretty much though, but she's very effective on certain maps.

i hate you

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

Same, having a terrible season. About 350 SR down on last season. The thing is, the games have all been pretty competitive but in all the ones we've lost there's been a chance we didn't take that the other team did and its turned. Feels like bad luck but it sure is happening a lot.

Incidentally, was going to use my CP points on Golden Moira guns, but looking at the videos online, you cant even see them properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Such a bad run of comp this morning. Why are 85% of the PS4 EU playerbase screaming French children?

Such a bad run of comp this morning. Why are 85% of the PS4 EU playerbase screaming French children?

"Putaaaaain!" Cheese eating surrender monkies....

I'm having a great season. Placed at 2844, now up to 3199.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Putaaaaain!" Cheese eating surrender monkies....

I'm having a great season. Placed at 2844, now up to 3199.

who are you playing with mostly?

who are you playing with mostly?

Tracer, Junkrat and Mercy. Bit of Lucio.

Watching videos of Moira i just dunnnnoo. I hope she can hold her own. Her ult looks kinda week unless everyone happens to be standing in the same doorway. She's no mercy beater thats for sure

Watching videos of Moira i just dunnnnoo. I hope she can hold her own. Her ult looks kinda week unless everyone happens to be standing in the same doorway. She's no mercy beater thats for sure

I'm hoping she'll leave the PTR fairly strong to give people the idea of picking her instead of Mercy rather than just doing more nerfs on Mercy. That fade ability looks like it will give her great survivability but she really looks like healing with a bit of DPS unlike Zen/Lucio who are played the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I find McCree great fun so I've decided to play him exclusively this season. I was diamond 2 seasons back and finished 2850~ last season mainly soldier.

Issue is I'm not at that level with McCree yet, and the abuse I'm taking is unbelievable to be honest. I'm not terrible either to be honest it's a mixed bad have had some great games and a few stinkers as well.

Had a bad game last night and abuse so so bad I turned off console, got up this morning and dozens of psn messages of abuse fro. This guy and his too mates, one moron even sent a pic of a noose with kys on it.

This game is beyond toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I find McCree great fun so I've decided to play him exclusively this season. I was diamond 2 seasons back and finished 2850~ last season mainly soldier.

Issue is I'm not at that level with McCree yet, and the abuse I'm taking is unbelievable to be honest. I'm not terrible either to be honest it's a mixed bad have had some great games and a few stinkers as well.

Had a bad game last night and abuse so so bad I turned off console, got up this morning and dozens of psn messages of abuse fro. This guy and his too mates, one moron even sent a pic of a noose with kys on it.

This game is beyond toxic.

Jesus really??! I cant say I have ever gotten toxic messages like that. Tempted to pub q as widow tonight just to see how bad it is. In fairneSs I cant remember playing in pub queues for ages as I generally just play with the lads here on PS4

• Advertisement

Im gonna set my profile to private, i haven't got anything too bad but there's no reason for me to want to hear from anyone I dont know. I got a "omg how can you be so bad at rein" message the other day and i was raging, we actually went on to win the match and i had a great second round, he didnt follow up with a compliment :) From playing r6 and this I get the feeling it's a thing with competitive qames cause I dont get it in any other shooters but they woulnt have that competitive element

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement