Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I find McCree great fun so I've decided to play him exclusively this season. I was diamond 2 seasons back and finished 2850~ last season mainly soldier.

Issue is I'm not at that level with McCree yet, and the abuse I'm taking is unbelievable to be honest. I'm not terrible either to be honest it's a mixed bad have had some great games and a few stinkers as well.

Had a bad game last night and abuse so so bad I turned off console, got up this morning and dozens of psn messages of abuse fro. This guy and his too mates, one moron even sent a pic of a noose with kys on it.

This game is beyond toxic.

Time to give that console report system a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

fixxxer wrote:
    Time to give that console report system a run out.

Yep was rushing for work this morning so had no time, I only logged on psn to download horizon DLC so it will be ready for when I get home.

The idiot with the noose will get a full account ban on psn as they take that stuff fairly serious but it's just toxic in general.

Even the games you play good you'd hear some other poor soul getting abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

its just as well in low plat nobody uses their mic anyway, maybe get worse?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's rampant at all ranks. DPS tend to get it the worst and then heals, tanks seem to draw less vitriol for some reason.

I'm guilty of abusing dps sometimes... if your gonna pick genji as our 3rd dps, you better pull your weight

• Advertisement

I'm guilty of abusing dps sometimes... if your gonna pick genji as our 3rd dps, you better pull your weight

do you think whoever locks in first should get to be the dps

you just have to hope for the best imo, we're always in here complaining about insta lock dps and half the people here are doing the same thing :pac: just have to get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IvoryTower wrote: »
    do you think whoever locks in first should get to be the dps

you just have to hope for the best imo, we're always in here complaining about insta lock dps and half the people here are doing the same thing :pac: just have to get on with it

If your not good at DPS then don't pick them in competitive, go to quick play and practice your DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If your not good at DPS then don't pick them in competitive, go to quick play and practice your DPS.

TBH we all know you're never going to improve in qp. Dm is OK for aim but if you want to get better you need to be in Comp. Other game modes just aren't the same

Sight808 wrote: »
    TBH we all know you're never going to improve in qp. Dm is OK for aim but if you want to get better you need to be in Comp. Other game modes just aren't the same

That's true but I've come across so many people who just play their hero like they are playing with their feet that i can't understand why they are even in comp

But they are similar level to you and the other dps on the team so surely theyre just as good? Assuming they havent healed up to master and then decided to be a dps all of a sudden. But evem then, maybe they have practiced in qp and feel ready to play comp, theyre still gonna be crap for a while and lower rank until they find their level. But they have to be allowed to do that sure they paid for the game.

• Advertisement

But they are similar level to you and the other dps on the team so surely theyre just as good? Assuming they havent healed up to master and then decided to be a dps all of a sudden. But evem then, maybe they have practiced in qp and feel ready to play comp, theyre still gonna be crap for a while and lower rank until they find their level. But they have to be allowed to do that sure they paid for the game.

I play healer 95% of the time and tank the other 5%. I play healer because that's what I can add the most to the team as. When I started playing Overwatch I was playing with two people who had it for a few months and they mained Tank and DPS so healer was a logical choice for me and our group.

I've played with DPS who just shoot into Rein shields, don't even shoot at Pharahs, terrible positioning, no comms, blaming everyone else because of their mistakes. I hate those type of players.

emmetkenny wrote:

I'd say my McCree is low plate high gold now, where my soldier is in and around diamond same with mei.

( I know your not having a go by the way)

Quick play just won't make my McCree any better at this stage.

I do agree though it's frustrating to see someone go widow in comp check stats played 3,000 hours overwatch 3mins of which is widow. (widow just an example)

I don't see though how abusing this player will in anyway help you to win its just pointless bullying if you ask me.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I'd say my McCree is low plate high gold now, where my soldier is in and around diamond same with mei.

( I know your not having a go by the way)

Quick play just won't make my McCree any better at this stage.

I do agree though it's frustrating to see someone go widow in comp check stats played 3,000 hours overwatch 3mins of which is widow. (widow just an example)

I don't see though how abusing this player will in anyway help you to win its just pointless bullying if you ask me.

But your positioning won't be terrible, you'll prioritiese targets and you'll probably communicate if invited to party.

emmetkenny wrote:
    But your positioning won't be terrible, you'll prioritiese targets and you'll probably communicate if invited to party.

Yep your right of course,

But after last few nights, no way I'd join a party invite if I was trying my non main hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Up to 3245 now.

401SR in a week, can't remember jumping that quick before.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Up to 3245 now.

401SR in a week, can't remember jumping that quick before.

Are you solo queing? Good going man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I thought the higher rankings would be less trolls/kids

I'm fluctuating between 2.5K -2.6K keep getting trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Are you solo queing? Good going man

Yeah, never play grouped.

Won my 2 games there to bring me up to 2707. Diamond im coming for you. Oddly enough they were probably 2 of my easier games.

unitlost new video suggests moira bit of a beast! deadly!

• Advertisement

unitlost new video suggests moira bit of a beast! deadly!

Is that the Pro's play Moira one?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is that the Pro's play Moira one?

yep

yep

Not watched it yet, but was hoping they'd be impressed. Let's hope she's released from PTR hell soon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How do you get access to the PTR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Finally bought this the other day, never would normally play games like this but it's great fun. As someone coming from COD/Battlefield I'm getting to grips with the game playing Soldier 76 but slowly trying a few others as well.

Finally bought this the other day, never would normally play games like this but it's great fun. As someone coming from COD/Battlefield I'm getting to grips with the game playing Soldier 76 but slowly trying a few others as well.

welcome aboard man, im on my 3rd season and i cant get enough of it! Deffo try them all

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How do you get access to the PTR?

On the launcher, just above the play button, you can select your region. One of those regions is PTR

By the way, if there are newcomers here who play on PS4 I'm Sad_Ryu Can play one of each role at least, but Junkrat is where my heart is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Up to 2.7K now after placing at 2.5K

Enjoying DVA alot lately

• Advertisement

Up to 2.7K now after placing at 2.5K

Enjoying DVA alot lately

She's really hard to kill if the Dva has a pocket Mercy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement