Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Im practicing with her myself in qp. Im beyond useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone been getting connection errors on PS4 the last two night? Like a comp game will start but then 1 or 2 people will be disconnected so the game is abandoned.

Has happened me now 4 times in a row.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Saw my first aim bot in comp. Guy was spamming the chat with the site where you could buy it so clearly just made the account to advertise so reporting them was pointless.

What was the site ;)

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Won my 2 games there to bring me up to 2707. Diamond im coming for you. Oddly enough they were probably 2 of my easier games.

Won every game since up to 2812 now. The team comps have greatly improved since about 2700. No duds so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone been getting connection errors on PS4 the last two night? Like a comp game will start but then 1 or 2 people will be disconnected so the game is abandoned.

Has happened me now 4 times in a row.

Yeah was playing Mystery Heros last night. Would find a game then say Lost Connection to Server. Got disconnected from two games after that so gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Played pub q comp for the first time in about 8 months I say (generally never touch it unless the lads here are on), NEVER AGAIN! QP was just as bad. Its like people dont want to win. Like how can you look at a line up on attack kings landing and think, a Hanzo, Widow, an Torb is a good idea? I honestly dont understand how vet player of level 100+ are still making these picks a year and a bit into the game??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fair enough in ranked that's an issue but in QP I just pick someone I enjoy playing regardless of the team composition.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Fair enough in ranked that's an issue but in QP I just pick someone I enjoy playing regardless of the team composition.

This was in comp in my placements

Majority of my comp games this season have had 3 dps, pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

This was in comp in my placements

Up for some games tonight?

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Up for some games tonight?

Yep should be on at some stage once the baba goes asleep. COD not doing it for me as it is too loot crate driven so f**k that noise.

Another free weekend coming on all platforms from Nov 17th - 20th, game will presumably be on sale again then.

Found this very handy and generally try use it for Reinhardt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObCIMeSXLKE

Thoughts on the defense 2nd point on Hanamura? Dont think I have ever seen anyone defend from there? Certainly not an entire comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Thoughts on the defense 2nd point on Hanamura? Dont think I have ever seen anyone defend from there? Certainly not an entire comp?

Torb Turret at the back right as you look out. Mercy for Rez and the team staying along the back until they need to move out. Dva for sitting on the point when the enemy team shows up or clearing with an Ult. Rein isn't super useful. Soldier for DPS too maybe?

From what I seen in the vid he is saying have the main defense on the left 2nd floor (if you are coming out of defensive spawn) that over looks the point. All entrances are covered. I see what he means but it might be dicey organizing and entire defense from there. I'd like to see it live and in action

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

High left?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    High left?

Yep high left, basically opens up a kill zone across the point as far as I can see

Slow day at work, this is probably the most toxic player ive ever heard. Toxic even when winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjnLblSK2o0

• Advertisement

Yep high left, basically opens up a kill zone across the point as far as I can see

That's where my group always defend. A good Mei can block off the stairs really well and gets picks pretty easy.

It's also harder for the enemy to come through the main door because you can shoot down on them and eventually drop on them.

Also not every hero can attack from the far right and it's easy enough to spot them coming through the point and high door.

Slow day at work, this is probably the most toxic player ive ever heard. Toxic even when winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjnLblSK2o0

Ah i didnt think he was that bad, it only got bad when they called him out and while he was annoying he wasnt gross or anything. I logged onto r6 a couple of weeks ago and about 1 minute into my first game one of my team was saying go in and kill so and so you stupid C$%T, lol, thats what i call bad. He then team killed me next round to try ruin my game.

If that's the most toxic you've heard then consider yourself lucky! He was a bit of a moany-arse but nothing extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Not sure what level you're at but the best defensive point is top left (up the stairs) as a starting point. Higher levels would always try and control top ground first then move to point. Everyone from bronze to plat just stands on the point.. drives me crackers

King Row defense my team had Zen, Mercy, Zarya, Symetra, Genji and Hanzo. They cap point A and just get to the turn by the pub on their push. They had Rein, Lucio, Zen, Genji, Winston and Junkrat.

Attack we had Widow, Zen, Zarya, Symetra, Mercy and Genji. Got point A in the first push and walk the payload past thier point in one go.

We may have caused a few rage quits!!

This game makes no sense :pac:

Edit:

And the next game I finish with gold kills, gold objective kills, silver objective time and gold healing as Zen, we had a mercy :confused:. Oh well can't win them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Had a good time playing tonight, got salt from one guy who was an "Ana god" at 2516 :rolleyes:

Made a friend after a savage Horizon win, 4 stack stayed and we rolled Hanamura afterwards.

Playing some decent Winston and D.va at the minute, think only one game I had more than 5 deaths (I had 14 or something crazy that time)

5-2 in placements so far, delighted.

Most of the players I'm grouped with are 2000-2500 so seems I haven't regressed since switching to PC, though being a Winston main might explain some of that.

Had a good time playing tonight, got salt from one guy who was an "Ana god" at 2516 :rolleyes:

Made a friend after a savage Horizon win, 4 stack stayed and we rolled Hanamura afterwards.

Playing some decent Winston and D.va at the minute, think only one game I had more than 5 deaths (I had 14 or something crazy that time)

5-2 in placements so far, delighted.

Most of the players I'm grouped with are 2000-2500 so seems I haven't regressed since switching to PC, though being a Winston main might explain some of that.

I'm 4-2 on my placements. I'd be happy with one more win.

Up to 3382 now. The push for masters is on!

Edit: And back down to 3357 because of a throwing Widowcúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Absolutely stomping as Zarya these days, avg enegery for this seaason is 41%, early days yet but I've upped my avg energy each season.

If you've never given her a go she's great fun to play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I played a bit of orisaa last few days.
    She is very effective if teams work with you if not pointless.

Pharaoh on our team got play of the game for a 5 person kill she ulted. But genji tracer and soldier got out of it but then you see me use the halt ability and pull all 3 back Into her rockets very satisfying.

Her gun is hard to use though it's not hitscan so you have to lead your target quite a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement