Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finished placements with 6-4 and played quite well in 9 of those games.

Only placed 2433 after finishing last season at 2549. I thought I'd place in Platinum to be honest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Finished placements with 6-4 and played quite well in 9 of those games.

Only placed 2433 after finishing last season at 2549. I thought I'd place in Platinum to be honest :(

placments make no sense i played 10 mcree only games mainly losses, and as i said previously i was well below my rank. last two seasons were diamond and 2880 last season so was expecting low gold high silver as my mcree was not fantastic

placed at 2780 like i dont get it i was nowhere near that, and now im in a rank i dont belong in getting slaughtered if i pick mccree and losing others matches.

so inevitably im back to soldier and mei again, to help team...... I actually hate this game at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It never places you far from your previous rank, which makes sense i guess. You dont go from diamond to gold overnight

Had a game on Numbani earlier in Competitive.

A two stack instalock Widow and Hanzo, we also get Junkrat, Zen, Rein and Mercy (me) and I'm thinking here we go, we are going to get smashed.

We have an epic defense and Hanzo is hitting everything with Widow getting a few picks as well. They both die a few times but I manage to keep at least 5 of us alive at any one time. Zen is getting some great discords off, Junkrat getting doubles and triples and Rein with two great hammer downs.

The enemy team manage to cap the payload in overtime after using 3 ults and make it to the bus straight away. We manage to get a few picks and push them back to spawn. Hanzo and Widow end up spawn trapping the majority of their team with the rest of us picking off the stragglers and they don't get near the payload again.

I messaged the Hanzo to say well played and some good picks. I get a TY back.

On attack we line up exactly the same. Storm first point and cap the first tick. Me, Zen, Rein and Junk get killed on point. On our way back we see Hanzo and Widow go ham and get four picks before Widow is killed. Rein hammer downs and we cap the payload and walk to victory.

I messaged Hanzo back to say great game and to tell Widow she did a super job. Two minutes later and I get a party invite and the Hanzo is telling me the two of them get **** in 9 out of 10 games and when they pick their best characters the others on the team just just throw.

Two new friends on Xbox as a result and probably one of my favourite matches since I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:
    I messaged Hanzo back to say great game and to tell Widow she did a super job. Two minutes later and I get a party invite and the Hanzo is telling me the two of them get **** in 9 out of 10 games and when they pick their best characters the others on the team just just throw.

emmetkenny wrote:
    Two new friends on Xbox as a result and probably one of my favourite matches since I started.

I remember me and dude were queuing in comp and got a widow and hanzo.
    Fidgetspinner1
    Fidgetsoinner2
    We assumed we were ****ed but got carried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Did very well today .
    Climbed from 2390 to 2560

Winston has been going pretty well, 80% winrate after 10 games.
    And according to MasterOverwatch my stats aren't bad with him

Top 1% in Elims per min, Damage Blocked, Damage Done, Jump Kills.
    The rest are all top 5% ...except KDR which is top 20 at 3.8 / 1
    (hopefully this lets me climb with him...as I heard it's how well you do with a champ compared to others using said champ)

I want to play DPS though, but I always play for the team...so I pick last...and it's the tank position that's always left :(

Thats the good thing about having a second account,i dont touch any of my mains, even thinking about a widow stint next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Played earlier this evening, mainly got stuck with 4+ stacks. Lost everyone of them, diamond lucio in our game vs the diamond dps main in the other team.

I wish we could have a genuine solo queue or something, its actually harder when you play with stacking teams, they are never in chat most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nothing more frustrating than a good Widowmaker. Thankfully they're as rare as unicorns on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Unfortunately all the Koreans follow the trends they see at the World Cup.

I know you don't watch competitive OW Marston, but during the match between USA and SK last week....some of the best widowmaker plays ever seen were on show.
    (vid below)

Of course....gold Koreans think they can replicate this god-tier skill..and so nearly every game since has had a widow

• Advertisement

I saw the clip of that Flower guy on Hanamura. Ping ping ping, triple headshot.

It's so far beyond my abilities that I struggle to even find it impressive because I can't understand it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

J. Marston wrote: »
    I saw the clip of that Flower guy on Hanamura. Ping ping ping, triple headshot.

It's so far beyond my abilities that I struggle to even find it impressive because I can't understand it!

Flower can pretty much boss on any dps scary good

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

So started practicing with Sombra this weekend. My God she is so much fun and can really head wreck the enemy team. Once you understand thats what she is there for you can really put panic and paranoia into the other team. I was basically focusing on hacking tanks and healers and I had the majority of the team go out of their way to get me (invisibility ftw), basically dragging people off payloads and points looking for me.

I never play anything that isn't a tank/off tank and a healer if needed. I think I have found my new fave! Don't think Ill be ready to take her into a comp until next season though, as I am still trying to duel where I shouldn't.

When i pick zen

The poof message was r6 the rest ow

33x9fs6.png

IvoryTower wrote: »
    When i pick zen

The poof message was r6 the rest ow

33x9fs6.png

Dafuq? Thats mental man

Dafuq? Thats mental man

the life of a support main

"I need big heal."

Made me actually laugh for some reason.

the life of a support main

I get that as well. 150+ hours on Lucio but they don't care, they want Mercy.

On Route 66 yesterday and had a 4 stack on my team, one of their guys picked Mercy and I picked Zen. He got fed up playing as Mercy after 2-3 minutes and switched to DPS.

Few messages telling me to switch to Mercy but I stayed on Zen because I was wrecking. Ended up with gold kills and bronze damage along with gold objective time and gold healing.

Quick discord and a charged shot does wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

All those messages, that's crazy. I used to get **** once in a while as Mercy but all I get now are spam bots on spring break.

Playing Mc Cree like crazy these days, determined to get somewhere with him as a character. Accuracy is between 45% and 60% so still lots of room to improve. I like how the Van Helsing skin gives him a Roland/The Dark Tower vibe :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I get that as well. 150+ hours on Lucio but they don't care, they want Mercy.

On Route 66 yesterday and had a 4 stack on my team, one of their guys picked Mercy and I picked Zen. He got fed up playing as Mercy after 2-3 minutes and switched to DPS.

Few messages telling me to switch to Mercy but I stayed on Zen because I was wrecking. Ended up with gold kills and bronze damage along with gold objective time and gold healing.

Quick discord and a charged shot does wonders.

Enjoying Zen myself, although im hoping moira will suit me better cause I love Symmetry/Mercy and she seems to be sort of a crossover!

Mercy looks to be getting nerfed pretty hard, her new rez takes so long, be hard to pull it off during a fight

• Advertisement

The delayed rez will destroy her. Any hint of a team fight and she'll get picked off when going for a rez.

"Heroes....Never....D" *Eliminated*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The delayed rez will destroy her. Any hint of a team fight and she'll get picked off when going for a rez.

"Heroes....Never....D" *Eliminated*

Its worse then the delayed res, the quicksand will end her. The 75 % slow is insane and i hated old mercy, i like where new mercy is

"I need big heal."

Made me actually laugh for some reason.

Same lmao

Odd thing happened on payload map last night. Other team capped the map with 3. We were held at final point for ages and got pushed off the payload. 3-2 to them... no.. ow decided we had reached the checkpoint but it still read 3-2. Never seen that big before although it did say we had 0 metres left.

We lost the next round...aaagghh

Sight808 wrote: »
    Absolutely stomping as Zarya these days, avg enegery for this seaason is 41%, early days yet but I've upped my avg energy each season.

If you've never given her a go she's great fun to play!

played we her yesterday on my gold account, started as lucio and switched to her , ended with 58 kills lol. Zarya with full energy has to be one of the most fun things going

played we her yesterday on my gold account, started as lucio and switched to her , ended with 58 kills lol. Zarya with full energy has to be one of the most fun things going

Terrifying more like, when you're desperately trying to find a corner to go around and she's tickling you with the end of her death beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm sick of Ults/projectiles disappearing if I get stunned :|

Any indications of Miora being released later? Not sure if I should book the TV later or not :-/

• Advertisement

Any of the PS4 lads on tonight...my placements are not going well, need to salvage them:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement