Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Any of the PS4 lads on tonight...my placements are not going well, need to salvage them

I'll be on after 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

fixxxer wrote: »
    Any indications of Miora being released later? Not sure if I should book the TV later or not :-/

yesterday overwatch tweeted that shes still being tested and they dont have any dates to share. im not hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lost to a team 6v5 there, holy god my team mates got so toxic.

Cleaned the first round, good comms and callouts and they had a quit after.

Massive performance from their Reaper, Lucio and Hog lead to our DPS abusing everyone else, "hanzo don't even talk you're ****", "Winston you literally just have to hunt the mercy you're so ****" and dogs abuse thrown at the healers.

Zarya got Gold Elims and I got Silver as Winston so god knows what he was at the whole game.

Zero comms for round three and we got absolutely hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,762 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played Overwatch for the first time in about 6 months. Had forgotten how much I love it. Just stuck with my old favourite Mystery Heroes. Still didn't get a chance to try out Doomfist, and only got a bit of Orisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

And placed at 2193. I think thats about 70 lower than where I finished S6 at so I'm very happy with that.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Played Overwatch for the first time in about 6 months. Had forgotten how much I love it. Just stuck with my old favourite Mystery Heroes. Still didn't get a chance to try out Doomfist, and only got a bit of Orisa.

Well you wont have any trouble pickimg doomfist cause no one else is picking him :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Had a game on Numbani earlier in Competitive.

A two stack instalock Widow and Hanzo, we also get Junkrat, Zen, Rein and Mercy (me) and I'm thinking here we go, we are going to get smashed.

We have an epic defense and Hanzo is hitting everything with Widow getting a few picks as well. They both die a few times but I manage to keep at least 5 of us alive at any one time. Zen is getting some great discords off, Junkrat getting doubles and triples and Rein with two great hammer downs.

The enemy team manage to cap the payload in overtime after using 3 ults and make it to the bus straight away. We manage to get a few picks and push them back to spawn. Hanzo and Widow end up spawn trapping the majority of their team with the rest of us picking off the stragglers and they don't get near the payload again.

I messaged the Hanzo to say well played and some good picks. I get a TY back.

On attack we line up exactly the same. Storm first point and cap the first tick. Me, Zen, Rein and Junk get killed on point. On our way back we see Hanzo and Widow go ham and get four picks before Widow is killed. Rein hammer downs and we cap the payload and walk to victory.

I messaged Hanzo back to say great game and to tell Widow she did a super job. Two minutes later and I get a party invite and the Hanzo is telling me the two of them get **** in 9 out of 10 games and when they pick their best characters the others on the team just just throw.

Two new friends on Xbox as a result and probably one of my favourite matches since I started.

Just go hanzo and widow on koth. We couldnt get out of spawn. Every game i lost tonight had a widow. Im convinced its peoples go too character when they want to derank or just piss about cause i almost never win with her. Theres no way these people are gettimg to llat with widow and tben being unable to get a kill all of a sudden

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Finally broke the 2700 mark....was hanging around there for ages the last few seasons. Starting to notice a tiny difference too in terms of the comp selection, usually get some variation of 2/2/2.. maybe 1 tank but 2 healers. Then again I'm never playing weekends or during the evening again so maybe the crowd that play later are a bit more hardcore in sticking to the fundamentals. More chat on mic too!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really like this guy/girl's animations....

Sight808 wrote: »
    Finally broke the 2700 mark....was hanging around there for ages the last few seasons. Starting to notice a tiny difference too in terms of the comp selection, usually get some variation of 2/2/2.. maybe 1 tank but 2 healers. Then again I'm never playing weekends or during the evening again so maybe the crowd that play later are a bit more hardcore in sticking to the fundamentals. More chat on mic too!

I got up to 2830 and now back at 2700.

I'm ready for Mercy nerf and Moira to join the party at this stage.

Had some very dodgy games yesterday including one while defending as mercy on junkertown, our symettra put the teleport at the very beginning of the level. The game had only started.. I checked her profile and she was a mercy main so I made sure not to pick mercy for attack round. She picked Mercy and started to play then :mad: I would have gladly changed if she had asked.

Then I had the widow/hanzo game as mentioned above and a couple more games with widow. Deffo need a mid season break after that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,762 ✭✭✭✭Penn

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Well you wont have any trouble pickimg doomfist cause no one else is picking him :)

Got a few small goes as him on Mystery Heroes last night.

Yeah.... I think I can see why he's not too popular...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got up to 2830 and now back at 2700.

I'm ready for Mercy nerf and Moira to join the party at this stage.

Had some very dodgy games yesterday including one while defending as mercy on junkertown, our symettra put the teleport at the very beginning of the level. The game had only started.. I checked her profile and she was a mercy main so I made sure not to pick mercy for attack round. She picked Mercy and started to play then :mad: I would have gladly changed if she had asked.

Then I had the widow/hanzo game as mentioned above and a couple more games with widow. Deffo need a mid season break after that :pac:

I'm thinking when Moria comes well be back to triple Tank. Moria, Mercy, Hog, Rein, Dva and I'm going with Reaper as the DPS.

Unitlost mentioned he feared the triple tank would be back. I'm not sure how I feel about that but the fact that it will probably screw all the instalock dps could be nice

I'm hoping we see slightly less of Mercy and that I get good enough at Moira to be able to switch between the 2, my zen just not up to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Penn wrote: »
    Got a few small goes as him on Mystery Heroes last night.

Yeah.... I think I can see why he's not too popular...

The whole Doomfist thing confuses me. Surely during play testing they could see that he basically trades kills one for one? It's easy to jump in and get a kill or two but he doesn't have any way to get out again. How does that get missed during in house and PTR time?

Did you ever watch the top level guys play him, ,murdering people and escaping every time. Seems to be very high level though

Also I think the change to mercy rez killed him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Did you ever watch the top level guys play him, ,murdering people and escaping every time. Seems to be very high level though

Also I think the change to mercy rez killed him

Nope but I'll look it up. I saw something recently that had him bottom of the pick charts for the last month or two that got me thinking about it is all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the general consensus from PTR that Moira will dictate the meta on release? I played a few matches the other night and thought she seemed pretty weak. Though no limits is not a very good barometer I suppose....

fixxxer wrote: »
    The whole Doomfist thing confuses me. Surely during play testing they could see that he basically trades kills one for one? It's easy to jump in and get a kill or two but he doesn't have any way to get out again. How does that get missed during in house and PTR time?

I seen a 3 stack play him in Platinum one night. Zen and Zarya so he got a Orb and bubble everytime he dived in. Zarya was on massive charge the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I seen a 3 stack play him in Platinum one night. Zen and Zarya so he got a Orb and bubble everytime he dived in. Zarya was on massive charge the whole game.

I think that's what people still don't get about overwatch, you're picking a hero based on the best team comp available, having a good fist with a zen & zarya keeping him alive is a good strategy -

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is the general consensus from PTR that Moira will dictate the meta on release? I played a few matches the other night and thought she seemed pretty weak. Though no limits is not a very good barometer I suppose....

I managed gold healing with her anytime I played her. Don't know if that means much in qp ptr. I think she's great. Doesn't have a high impact but her healing and self sustain is massive. Can hold her on against most harassers with primary fire and an orb

• Advertisement

I managed gold healing with her anytime I played her. Don't know if that means much in qp ptr. I think she's great. Doesn't have a high impact but her healing and self sustain is massive. Can hold her on against most harassers with primary fire and an orb

The fact she can heal multiple hero's through other heros will mean she's great at healing while pushing through choke points.

Once she's live I'm going to focus on learning her seeing as I always play healer so adding Moira to my list of Lucio, Zen and Mercy means I'll never be stuck for a healer to play :)

watching this gives me hope thats she's gonna be awesome

Moira patch is live.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Moira patch is live.

On console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

On console?

yep on ps4 anyway

On console?

Yeah. You'll want to change her controls though, they're a shambles currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

emmetkenny wrote:
    On console?

Yeah Emmet, she's on XB there now :)

Cheers lads.

Thinking I'll put her left hand attack on LT and her right hand attack on RT.

Might get on in a bit after this bloody lecture to give her a quick blast :)

Cheers lads.

Thinking I'll put her left hand attack on LT and her right hand attack on RT.

Might get on in a bit after this bloody lecture to give her a quick blast :)

Had two quick games. I like her so far and think once you get good with her she would be excellent. I love her fade ability.

Heal beam is on LT as she heals with her left hand, damage beam is on RT as she damages with her right hand. I also flipped fade and orbs. Only thing is once you press LB for the Orb my heal is RT and damage is LT which is the opposite to her main heal/damage and I can't seem to change them :(

• Advertisement

Had two quick games. I like her so far and think once you get good with her she would be excellent. I love her fade ability.

Heal beam is on LT as she heals with her left hand, damage beam is on RT as she damages with her right hand. I also flipped fade and orbs. Only thing is once you press LB for the Orb my heal is RT and damage is LT which is the opposite to her main heal/damage and I can't seem to change them :(

Made the same control changes and noticed that too. It's very annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement